Author Topic: Byron York: Hillary Clinton BleachBits her past  (Read 689 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Byron York: Hillary Clinton BleachBits her past
« on: August 26, 2016, 01:51:18 pm »

Byron York: Hillary Clinton BleachBits her past
By Byron York (@ByronYork) • 8/25/16 11:06 PM

While Hillary Clinton was preparing to deliver a big speech portraying Donald Trump as a racist, a figure from Clinton's recent unhappy past — Rep. Trey Gowdy, chairman of the House Select Committee on Benghazi — added a new word to the 25-year vocabulary of Clinton scandals: BleachBit.

That is the name of a publicly-available utility used to delete material from a computer's hard disk. And it's not just for casual, quickie deletes of junk mail. It's for when a user really wants to destroy material on a computer so that no one will be able to recover it.

According to Gowdy, BleachBit is what Clinton and her legal team used, or at least part of what her team used, to destroy the 30,000 or so emails on her secret system that she deemed "personal" from her years as secretary of state. On Thursday, after revelations that the FBI had perhaps worked its way around BleachBit to discover an additional 14,900 emails that Clinton did not hand over, Gowdy went on Fox News to discuss both that development and the FBI documents that underlay the Justice Department's decision not to prosecute Clinton for mishandling classified information.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-hillary-clinton-bleachbits-her-past/article/2600249
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Re: Byron York: Hillary Clinton BleachBits her past
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 02:53:02 pm »
That is the name of a publicly-available utility used to delete material from a computer's hard disk. And it's not just for casual, quickie deletes of junk mail. It's for when a user really wants to destroy material on a computer so that no one will be able to recover it.

Well, sorta... Bleachbit, in regular use, is a lot like CCleaner... Pretty much a cache dumper.... IIRC, It CAN wipe free space, and do it with gvt level wipe... As can hundreds of security styled programs. In common usage, to dump all the caches and wipe free space could be nothing more than good system maintenance - I do this (or set it up automated) for my clients routinely, using similar tools...

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 03:35:44 pm »
Well, sorta... Bleachbit, in regular use, is a lot like CCleaner... Pretty much a cache dumper.... IIRC, It CAN wipe free space, and do it with gvt level wipe... As can hundreds of security styled programs. In common usage, to dump all the caches and wipe free space could be nothing more than good system maintenance - I do this (or set it up automated) for my clients routinely, using similar tools...

Yeah, it's good to see that they practiced some safe computing!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 04:03:07 pm »
Yeah, it's good to see that they practiced some safe computing!

My point being that this article is sensationalized - The reporting should be better. Clinton can be convicted on the facts - there is no need for innuendo. Turning the discovery of a common utility into a 'GASP!' is really nothing more than gossip - I got mighty sick of that with what they did to Cruz, and now it offends me.

Fair is fair. Enemy or not.