Author Topic: Doctors Without Conscience: Group Refused To Negotiate As ISIS Chief Raped And Killed Kayla Mueller  (Read 1495 times)

rangerrebew

Doctors Without Conscience: Group Refused To Negotiate As ISIS Chief Raped And Killed Kayla Mueller
Photo of Saagar Enjeti
Saagar Enjeti
10:15 AM 08/25/2016

American ISIS hostage Kayla Mueller in a photograph provided by her family.   

Doctors Without Borders had the opportunity to help negotiate the release of American ISIS hostage Kayla Mueller, but left her to be raped and killed by Islamic State leader Abu Bakr Al-Bagdadi.

“I don’t think there was a moral responsibility,” Jason Cone, a U.S. Doctors Without Border’s spokesman told ABC News when confronted. “We can’t be in the position of negotiating for people who don’t work for us.”

Completing this poll entitles you to Daily Caller news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Mueller was a humanitarian activist who worked in Southern Turkey assisting Syrian refugees. She traveled to Aleppo, Syria, for a single day along with her boyfriend to help install some Doctors Without Border’s equipment. She was not part of an official Doctors Without Borders delegation, but was abducted by ISIS from one of the non-profit’s vehicles after departing Aleppo on August 3.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/25/doctors-without-conscious-group-refused-to-negotiate-as-isis-chief-raped-and-killed-kayla-mueller/#ixzz4IQtkPSjH

Oceander

For a group that has made so much of its moral superiority - that the moral obligation to care for the sick and injured is so great that it transcends all borders - there is a moral obligation to try and help get others out of bondage, even if they don't work for you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Moral displacement.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I would have to know more about this to fully understand what actually happened.

Israel has to deal with problems similar to this all the time. Leftist wackos and occasionally Christian wackos come to Israel with the idea that they are going to "help" the Muslims. The Leftists think they will do it with the force of their own "good intentions" and profound "enlightenment". The Christians think they are "called by God" to go into a battle zone and that they will be protected by God.

The Israeli government tells them over and over, "You will be captured. You will be tortured. And, these people WILL KILL YOU." They refuse to hear it. This is just Israeli propaganda!

And when they do get captured, Israel is on the hook to rescue them. Finally, the only way Israel could stop them was to physically stop them from going, even if they had to lock them up until they came to their senses.

I don't know if that is what happened in this case, but it does sound familiar. Any woman of any kind that thinks she is going to go into a Muslim war zone and not be molested, is living in a fantasy world.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:16:57 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
For a group that has made so much of its moral superiority - that the moral obligation to care for the sick and injured is so great that it transcends all borders - there is a moral obligation to try and help get others out of bondage, even if they don't work for you.

While what happened to Kayla Mueller was horrible, she naively put herself in that situation. She wasn’t an employee of or a contractor to Doctors Without Borders (MSF - Médecins Sans Frontières). She may have had some good hearted if not misplaced intentions, but she also aligned herself with some “questionable” pro-Palestinian/Anti-Israel organizations like the International Solidarity Movement (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Solidarity_Movement)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayla_Mueller#Early_life.2C_activism_and_humanitarian_aid

Mueller was taken hostage with her (Syrian) boyfriend, Omar Alkhani in August 2013 after leaving a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Aleppo, where he had been hired to fix the internet service for the hospital.

She had begged him to let her tag along because she wanted to do relief work in the war-ravaged country.

The group has had at least seven staff members taken hostage and released by ISIS – after they helped negotiate ransom payments for some.

But MSF said they had no obligation to help Mueller.

'We can't be in the position of negotiating for people who don't work for us,' Jason Cone, MSF's US executive director, told ABC.

'I don't think there was a moral responsibility.'

He added that the group didn't request that she go to Syria and that because she was American, wouldn't have allowed her to travel there with MSF.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3757042/Doctors-Without-Borders-wouldn-t-help-negotiate-Kayla-Mueller.html

'In addition, MSF would like to explain decisions that we made following Kayla’s abduction in August 2013,' the statement read.

'As an organization that works in conflict zones and has had several of our colleagues and friends killed while trying to provide emergency assistance, we know this all too well.

'In this instance, the Muellers asked MSF to actively intervene to help achieve Kayla’s release and we did not do so. There are several reasons for this: The risks go beyond any one location.

'If MSF were generally considered by would-be abductors to be a negotiator of release for non-MSF staff, there is no doubt that this would increase the risk levels in many locations, put our field staff, medical projects, and patients in danger, and possibly force us to close projects where needs are often acute. It would limit MSF’s ability to provide life-saving care to people caught in dangerous conflicts.

'Furthermore, MSF is an emergency medical organization. We are not hostage negotiators.'

Should MSF have helped negotiate for her release?  Perhaps. But then MSF is IMO in a difficult situation here. She tagged along with her boyfriend who was contracted by MSF to “fix the internet service for the hospital”. He was not doing relief work and as a Syrian would have blended in.

But Mueller, as a white American woman, she must have stood out like a sore thumb and despite warnings that she shouldn’t go, she went anyway. And her presence may have contributed to her boyfriend’s capture as well.

I understand her parent’s grief, but perhaps they could have or should have counseled her not to go in the first place.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Oceander

While what happened to Kayla Mueller was horrible, she naively put herself in that situation. She wasn’t an employee of or a contractor to Doctors Without Borders (MSF - Médecins Sans Frontières). She may have had some good hearted if not misplaced intentions, but she also aligned herself with some “questionable” pro-Palestinian/Anti-Israel organizations like the International Solidarity Movement (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Solidarity_Movement)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayla_Mueller#Early_life.2C_activism_and_humanitarian_aid

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3757042/Doctors-Without-Borders-wouldn-t-help-negotiate-Kayla-Mueller.html

Should MSF have helped negotiate for her release?  Perhaps. But then MSF is IMO in a difficult situation here. She tagged along with her boyfriend who was contracted by MSF to “fix the internet service for the hospital”. He was not doing relief work and as a Syrian would have blended in.

But Mueller, as a white American woman, she must have stood out like a sore thumb and despite warnings that she shouldn’t go, she went anyway. And her presence may have contributed to her boyfriend’s capture as well.

I understand her parent’s grief, but perhaps they could have or should have counseled her not to go in the first place.

I wasn't aware that moral obligations were measured by the blameworthiness of the victim.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I wasn't aware that moral obligations were measured by the blameworthiness of the victim.

This is a simplistic, reactionary response.

You completely missed the whole point. If Doctors Without Borders, or Israel, or the United States, would have paid for her release, then every Western person all over the world would have been placed at risk.

The fact that her naivete' and disregard for the obvious danger she was putting herself and others in, may have been a consideration, but would likely not be the predominant deciding factor in the decision not to negotiate.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

I am not saying that.

But she wasn’t completely without blame.

She voluntarily put herself into a very dangerous situation and against advice. She wasn’t a MSF employee or contractor and they said that they would have not have allowed her to go into that area as a white American woman as it would be too dangerous for her.

So why should they be responsible to get her out of the trouble that she put herself into. Is MSF responsible for every self-proclaimed aid worker, not affialted or working for them, in any of the areas were there they have hospitals or personnel?

Personal choices also come with personal responsibility.

Sorry, but I have as much sympathy for her as I do for Rachel Corrie (who was like Mueller, was also a member of the International Solidarity Movement.)

Play stupid games – win stupid prizes.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause