Author Topic: Stripping formatting from cut and pastes  (Read 718 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Stripping formatting from cut and pastes
« on: October 28, 2016, 03:29:07 pm »
This new forum software continues to be terrible IMO.

Any way to turn off formatting in cut and pastes? As it is now, I have to cut and paste into Notepad, and then copy and paste into the forum.

Oceander

Re: Stripping formatting from cut and pastes
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 01:32:27 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Yes, there's a way.  Just give me a bit to try and remember how I turned it off for myself.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 01:34:47 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Try this:

Go to your profile, then under the modify profile drop-down menu, click on the "look and layout" menu item.

On the look and layout page, find the option labeled "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default."  Uncheck the box for that option.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 02:35:03 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Try this:

Go to your profile, then under the modify profile drop-down menu, click on the "look and layout" menu item.

On the look and layout page, find the option labeled "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default."  Uncheck the box for that option.

Well I like the WYSIWYG. When I copy and paste from Twitter, it tries to keep the formatting and usually is buggy as hell.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 04:46:56 pm »

Well I like the WYSIWYG. When I copy and paste from Twitter, it tries to keep the formatting and usually is buggy as hell.

I understand that, but I think if you uncheck the option it will help. If you're using the quick reply function

You can click on preview and get to the wysiwyg editor easily.