Author Topic: Gov’t Is Moving In on Your Appliances – Expect Higher Prices, Fewer Choices  (Read 560 times)

rangerrebew

Gov’t Is Moving In on Your Appliances – Expect Higher Prices, Fewer Choices

The Obama administration’s Department of Energy has churned through a list of energy efficiency regulations before the next administration. Just since June, the DOE has set or initiated standards for dehumidifiers [1], ceiling fans [2], battery chargers [3], and wine coolers [4].

At issue isn’t health or safety, or even unfair business practices. Through the DOE, the federal government is busying itself regulating how much energy the appliances Americans buy are allowed to use. Our recent backgrounder, “The Energy Efficiency Free Market Act: A Step Toward Real Energy Efficiency,” [5] goes into more detail.

Editor's Note: This piece was originally published by The Daily Signal [12].
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/commentary/katie-tubb/govt-moving-your-appliances-expect-higher-prices-fewer-choices

Offline MajorClay

Great

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
This was my birthday gift last year (yes, I'm an avid cook) . . . it's completely restored, from the
frame up, into a virtually new appliance, and it was originally made in energy-inefficient 1955 . . .

This is my energy-inefficient Electrolux---the best vacuum cleaner I've ever owned . . .

And the government will pry them only from my cold, dead hands.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 05:18:16 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.