Author Topic: Pakistan: Court to hear appeal of Christian's death sentence  (Read 374 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Pakistan: Court to hear appeal of Christian's death sentence
« on: August 24, 2016, 10:24:24 pm »
Court to hear appeal of Christian's death sentence

The Supreme Court in Pakistan is scheduled this fall to hear the case against Asia Bibi, a Christian mother of five on death row since 2010 for violating the Muslim nation’s notorious blasphemy law.

In a report from International Christian Concern, legal advocate Said-ul-Malook said the hearing – likely the last one in the case – will be in October before the nation’s Supreme Court.

He told ICC, “I hope the result will be an acquittal.”

The case arose from a June 2009 incident in which, according to Bibi, she was scolded by farm co-workers for drinking from a metal cup that had been used by Muslims. The co-workers considered her unclean because she was a Christian and, according to Bibi, said derogatory things about her faith.

She said she responded with: “I believe in my religion and in Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for the sins of mankind. What did your Prophet Muhammad ever do to save mankind?”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/court-to-hear-appeal-of-christians-death-sentence/#BxrMTthoqJFz5OpG.99