Author Topic: Rush: I'm Just Giving You the Lay of the Land on Trump, But I'm Not Suggesting Anything  (Read 5728 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The times I listened it was about 2 hours and 59 minutes Trump, and 1 minute Cruz.

It was disgusting.

And VERY liberal.

One of the excuses the media used for not giving Ted Cruz airtime was "He refused" but unlike Trump, Ted Cruz wasn't a billionaire who lived in NY and could fly to a rally in Iowa and return to NY that afternoon and do an interview. They also were unwilling to let Ted Cruz do phone interviews while they let Trump do them anytime he liked.

Offline JustPassinThru

So basically Limbaugh is chortling with glee over the same insanity displayed by Trump supporters that Obama supporters have for their political messiah: nothing he says or does matters.  He is their god and they worship him.

It's the reason why I no longer listen to Limbaugh.

I don't know what happened to Limbaugh.

But then, I never understood cults.  Seemingly sane, rational and educated people fall into cults...often dangerous and lethal cults.

This isn't Jim-Jones lethal; and probably Trump is going to be not-as-horrific as the alternative; but the whole reason he IS there is because of this crazy cult of personality around a loud, obnoxious, low-intelligence preppie type...who got the credentials from universities without, somehow, going beyond Fifth Grade level in English vocabulary.

Offline JustPassinThru

Trump will be the death of conservative talk radio IMO.

Already the old farts that listen to it are slowly dying off. Young people don't want to listen to garbage like this.

Nope.

Cultism; and the sacrificing of credibility, will be what kills it.

Limbaugh has never pimped a candidate like this before.  Certainly not one who was objectively liberal...sure, he led cheers for McCain, but only as the Republican's choice and only because the alternative was so much worse.  Not like this.

It's not old farts and they are not dying off.  It's educated farts; we're middle aged and older because the universities today are indoctrination camps which teach MARXISM.  We are moving into Idiocracy; and young people's embracing of The Daily Show and other non-news news sources, show how credulous and uninformed they are.

Offline JustPassinThru

It took Mark Levin a long time but Trump's attacks on Rafael and Heidi Cruz pushed him over the edge.

Levin was at first impressed with Trump's seeming to break PC rules.

What he didn't know was that it was just a game.  What Trump seemed to learn was that the more outrageous he would be, the more the fans loved him.

The wrong lesson, in other words.  Calling illegals what they are is a GOOD thing.  Slapping around reporters is probably something that should be done, given their dishonest, classless behaviors.

Mocking a female candidates appearance...not so cool.  I had no love for the Fiorina woman; she was wrecking Hewlett-Packard so badly she was paid millions TO LEAVE.  That is not a recommendation for another responsible Chief Executive job.  So...I took it under consideration.

Cruz was another matter.  Trump could have attacked on issues, or stances, or past actions.  NO...he GINNED UP LIES.  Easily-proved lies.  And that, was that.

For myself; and as it happened, for Levin.  We needed talk about issues; and instead we got a bad Muhammed Ali impersonation.

And it's just gotten worse.  It's pretty obvious that in the brains and education department, Trump is the Emperor with his New Clothes.

geronl

I wonder if Rush has an exit plan?

He can retire with a Trump loss in November

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He can retire with a Trump loss in November

I think I just read that he signed on for another 5 years. 

Yep, found it:   http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/290106-rush-limbaugh-signs-multi-year-extension

Offline musiclady

I think I just read that he signed on for another 5 years. 

Yep, found it:   http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/290106-rush-limbaugh-signs-multi-year-extension

He can only survive if Hillary wins.

If Trump wins and "governs" as the corrupt liberal that he is, Rush won't have a single listener because he's partly responsible for putting a leftist in office.   If Hillary wins, he can do another anti-Clinton replay and survive.

Perhaps that's why he pushed Trump so hard.  He wants Clinton to win too??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

He can only survive if Hillary wins.

If Trump wins and "governs" as the corrupt liberal that he is, Rush won't have a single listener because he's partly responsible for putting a leftist in office.   If Hillary wins, he can do another anti-Clinton replay and survive.

Perhaps that's why he pushed Trump so hard.  He wants Clinton to win too??

The last Clinton administration - the 90s - were Limbaugh's salad days. Makes you wonder.

Offline musiclady

The last Clinton administration - the 90s - were Limbaugh's salad days. Makes you wonder.

Actually, when you factor in the fact that he is first and foremost an entertainer, it makes his support for a loser leftist posing as a Republican a little more understandable.

Maybe he knows Trump can't win, and really does want another Clinton.

The problem for Rush is that, once you've betrayed your listeners' trust as he has, pretty much anything becomes a possibility.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline JustPassinThru

Limbaugh did better under Republican Presidents than he did under Clinton.

Satire and commentary are timeless and without party affiliation.  And Limbaugh, faced with the ridiculousness of Democrat absurdity becoming POLICY, he tends to be less humorous and more shrill and strident.

His success doesn't, or didn't, depend on which party is in power.  They depended on the factual nature of his satire and his incisive commentary.

That goes out the window with this Trump cheerleading.  And actually...should be be so lucky as to avoid a Rodham Presidency...the reality of how incompetent and in-over-his-head Trump is, with Limbaugh's description of such a CLEVER guy, knowing what he was doing, each step of the way...THAT will destroy his credibility.

It already has, for me.  I see Trump and I see a jackass trying to win a popularity contest; a man with no principles, who doesn't understand government or the office he's seeking.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline jedidah

Rush is and has always been an entertainer.

Precisely.

And in order to keep an audience entertained and maintain ratings (and his job), he has to have something to rant about.  He has to continually stir things up, no matter who is in office.  I have been amazed for years at loyal fans who take him seriously.

Funny thing is that I checked TOS this morning, and they're fed up with him, too -- for the moment.  Comments there echo comments on this thread, an unlikely point of agreement in an otherwise contentious relationship.