Author Topic: Rush: Drive-By Media Salivate Over Trump "Softening" on Immigration  (Read 1472 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Did this not get posted here? As Rush might say, I don't buy into the spin going on.

I guess Rush Limbaugh is another New York Liberal.   :silly:
Drive-By Media Salivate Over Trump "Softening" on Immigration

EGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay, so Trump is apparently softening his position on immigration.  That's what the Drive-Bys are saying.  Trump is now saying, "Well, I don't know about deportation. Well, we're gonna talk about it. Well, some of these are really good people" And the Drive-Bys are just ecstatic 'cause they think Trump is totally reversing himself, and they think Trump is totally reversing himself on his number one issue, the only reason he has support, they think he's committing suicide.  So the Drive-Bys went out and they started doing man-on-the-street interviews with Trumpists.  And they wanted to know, "How do you feel now that Donald Trump has sold you out?  How do you feel that Trump is maybe not gonna build a wall, that Trump is maybe not gonna deport?" And they're not finding anybody mad at him.  They're mad about that.

What they're finding are Trumpists saying, "Well, you know, it's not the primaries, it's the general.  Gotta make some modifications, gotta do some changes here, gotta reach out to a little bit more people, totally understandable he might have to modify his position."  Then the Drive-By, "You don't think he lied to you, then?"  "No, no, not at all, he's doing what he has to do to get what he wants accomplished."  In other words, Trump's supporters are not leaving him over this, at least here in the early stages of analysis.

So, Rush is wrong??  :silly:

RUSH:  Where did Trump ever say "soften"?  I've got two sound bites here, and I don't find Trump using the word.  Did Hannity use the word?  What's that?  Yeah.  Okay, there certainly can be some softening, all right, there it is.  So they picked up on it, gonna soften here, soften there, and they think it's a flip-flop.

They think Trump's people would be abandoning him left and right. As I say, they've been out there doing man-on-the-street interviews trying to figure it out, and they can't find any Trump supporters, not any significant number, anyway, who are abandoning Trump over this.  And they thought that was going to happen. 

END TRANSCRIPT

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/08/24/drive_by_media_salivate_over_trump_softening_on_immigration

Offline sinkspur

Re: Rush: Drive-By Media Salivate Over Trump "Softening" on Immigration
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 03:15:21 pm »
Rush is in CYA mode.  He got snookered just like you did.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 03:18:05 pm »
TRUMP:  We want to follow the laws.  You know, we have very strong laws.  We have very strong laws in this country.  If you start going around trying to make new laws in this country, it's a process that's brutal.  We want to follow the laws of the country, and if we follow the laws, we can do what we have to do.  We've got some great people in this country, they shouldn't be here, they're still great people. But we've got some really, really bad gang members and some horrible people.

Rush is right as usual.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 03:19:42 pm »
Reihan Salam ‏@reihan  2m2 minutes ago
Trump has always strived to project strength. Vacillation, indecision make him look weak. He's embarrassed his most devoted supporters.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 03:38:57 pm »
"No citizenship.” "Let me go a step further — they'll pay back-taxes, they have to pay taxes, there's no amnesty, as such, there's no amnesty, but we work with them."

How are you going to make people you are in the process of deporting, pay taxes? To go further, unless you give them some sort of legal status, how can you tax them at all?

"When I look at the rooms and I have this all over, now everybody agrees we get the bad ones out," "But when I go through and I meet thousands and thousands of people on this subject...they've said, Mr. Trump, I love you, but to take a person that has been here for 15 or 20 years and throw them and the family out, it's so tough, Mr. Trump."

It all about Trump loving Trump and wanting all to love him as much as he loves himself. It's also about the "ratings".  If that means "softening" or flip flopping, so be it.

And what probably started out as a joke, Trump now truly believes that line from one of his rallies – "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

And from what I’ve seen from many of his ardent supporters, it true.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 05:11:09 pm »
Hour 1, not proclaimed a flip-flop,

Maybe the "NY Liberal" (sarcasm) Limbaugh will say so in hour 2.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 05:14:54 pm »
Oh, let's all make sure we don't say one thing negative about Red State, we might sound like Mechanicos or whomever,  Rush has been criticized, I'll let the Doctor of Democracy do my speaking.

But it's alright to pillage Trump 24 hours a day with all kinds of inferences and falsely label some as being big Trump supporters.

Gee, we are out of the primary season and for the record, I supported someone who wanted to expand Green Cards, H1B1 visas and give legal residency to illegal undocumented workers. Oh, but the truth doesn't matter now.

Somehow this thread was missed.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 05:21:20 pm by TomSea »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 05:44:18 pm »
"There certainly can be a softening because we're not looking to hurt people," Trump answered. "We want people — we have some great people in this country."

"So you have somebody who's been in the country for 20 years, has done a great job, and everything else,"Trump said. "Do we take him and the family and her and him or whatever and send him out?"

http://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/donald-trump-speaks-about-immigration-law-in-austin-rally

Sorry Rush, Trump said "soften".
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 05:47:33 pm »
Yes, Trump did say it