Author Topic: Republicans rip media, praise Trump Charlottesville leadership  (Read 638 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Republicans rip media, praise Trump Charlottesville leadership
Palm Beach Post, Aug 18, 2017, George Bennett

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and other prominent Republicans have faulted President Donald Trump’s response to the deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va., but there was little criticism — and even some praise — for Trump’s handling of the issue when more than 400 activists, donors and candidates gathered Thursday for a GOP dinner outside Boca Raton.

There has been some “chaos and turmoil” of late, Palm Beach County Republican Chairman Michael Barnett acknowledged to the crowd at the party’s annual Lobsterfest event at the Polo Club. But, Barnett added, “God is on his throne, Republicans are in charge and Mr. Trump, our president, is in the Oval Office doing one heck of a job.”

Barnett, the only black county GOP chairman in Florida and the state’s only black delegate at the 2016 Republican convention, said Trump has satisfactorily condemned prejudice and bigotry.

“He’s right to criticize both sides, where the hate’s coming from,” Barnett said in an interview. “He’s, in my mind, clearly condemned the hate that’s being spewed by these neo-Nazis, these Klansmen who wave the Confederate flag. I don’t know what more people could ask in the way of a response.”

U.S. Rep. Brian Mast, R-Palm Coast, credited Trump with “leadership” and said the president’s “both sides” remarks don’t dilute his criticism of white supremacists.

Read more:  http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/national-govt--politics/republicans-rip-media-praise-trump-charlottesville-leadership/bZrlPNSmHCSqv0T99JhUDN/

Offline bilo

Re: Republicans rip media, praise Trump Charlottesville leadership
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 10:58:23 pm »
Barnett, the only black county GOP chairman in Florida and the state’s only black delegate at the 2016 Republican convention, said Trump has satisfactorily condemned prejudice and bigotry.

“He’s right to criticize both sides, where the hate’s coming from,” Barnett said in an interview. “He’s, in my mind, clearly condemned the hate that’s being spewed by these neo-Nazis, these Klansmen who wave the Confederate flag. I don’t know what more people could ask in the way of a response.”

Someone with commonsense.

It's looking more and more like the Pubs would rather be a minority party than actually get something done. They run around with their "moral preening" and let the media and Rats destroy a once in a lifetime opportunity.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home