Author Topic: Why Trump Should Apologize to Ted Cruz  (Read 15710 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Why Trump Should Apologize to Ted Cruz
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2016, 03:45:40 pm »
I was addressing CC....not libertybele.

The soapbox act is tired and stale.

Vote for who you want....nobody here gives a damn.
Since this is reply number 90 I think you might be mistaken. Since you showed up just to tell us you don't care I really wonder how valid that assessment is.

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2016, 04:51:42 pm »
Since this is reply number 90 I think you might be mistaken. Since you showed up just to tell us you don't care I really wonder how valid that assessment is.

I peruse a lot of Trump threads to check and see if any of you drones may have come to their senses.

My post was merely a reaction to reading @Cripplecreek et al's  'same ole same old'...reading the same tired BS dedications as to why they're not voting for Donald Trump under any circumstances.

Is that okay with you?      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2016, 04:55:52 pm »
I peruse a lot of Trump threads to check and see if any of you drones may have come to their senses.

My post was merely a reaction to reading @Cripplecreek et al's  'same ole same old'...reading the same tired BS dedications as to why they're not voting for Donald Trump under any circumstances.

Course it is. If nothing else you come by and challenge us to seek out new reasons and more complete more concise argument. Iron sharpens Iron and all that.
 :beer:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline bilo

« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2016, 07:54:28 pm »
Not necessarily.  A person should accept a sincere apology, but there is no obligation to accept an apology that is not meaningful.  And an apology without a corresponding change in behavior is not meaningful; it is just lip service and an attempt to manipulate.

Sen Cruz would just come off as petty if he didn't accept the apology. Also, as a Christian his first reaction would be to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It will never happen though, Trump lacks the humility and the capacity to admit error.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2016, 08:00:56 pm »
If Trump makes a sincere apology to Cruz, he would have to admit that he's a manipulative, lying bleep.  That isn't going to get him many votes.

I can't speak for others, but an apology to Cruz would mean nothing to me as i am not withholding my vote for Trump over his behavior toward Cruz.  I am withholding it because I think he will be a disaster for the country.  He gets into scraps with anyone that he believes to have slighted him in the least.  He proudly proclaims he hits them back ten times harder as if this is a desirable trait.  He hasn't shown a propensity for controlling himself or deferring to others more knowledgeable than himself, much less allowing them any control.  I believe him to be mentally unstable. 

I should vote for such a person to have the ability to push the red button?  Isn't going to happen no matter the apologies he makes or doesn't make.

Trump's behavior towards Sen Cruz and his family was a factor for me in deciding to not vote for him. My doubts began with his embrace of Planned Parenthood, but the final straw was the totality of his behavior towards people who opposed him, or questioned him.

However, I think there are a fair number of people who are looking for a reason to vote for him because they fear hillary so much. If he apologized it would give a lot of them a reason to "give him a second chance".

Offline bilo

« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2016, 08:07:55 pm »
How many times per day do we have to read your same BS screed?

We KNOW you're not ever voting for Trump.   I swear you guyz just talk to hear yourselves.

Nobody gives a crap who you're voting for.

If hillary wins the main reason for it will be the lower level of support he got from his party versus what she got from hers. I don't see how he wins, but there is some information that indicates he might. Voter registration for the Pubs is going better than it is for the Rats and Black turnout will probably be down.

I realize Trump supporters are tired of hearing from people that they will never vote for Trump. It cuts the other way though as well. I've yet to see any Trump supporters admit what a miserable lying jerk Trump has been. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2016, 08:24:59 pm »

Now that you've 'checked in' and are admittedly still a Trump supporter -- any reaction to Trump's new membership to the Gang of Eight amnesty crowd?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2016, 08:29:34 pm »
Now that you've 'checked in' and are admittedly still a Trump supporter -- any reaction to Trump's new membership to the Gang of Eight amnesty crowd?

Is it me...or do you find it funny that a Trump supporter refers to us as "drones"?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2016, 08:39:47 pm »
I'm hopeful that after Trump loses and an appropriate bereavement period for them, their adult selves will return.  I've read that at least one of them was at one time a nice person.  I blame Trump for their devolving into mean girls.  They are simply emulating him.  I don't understand why they would want to do so, but then there is much I don't understand about his supporters.

They can't 'Return' because this is who they really are.

Look at it like a drunk. A drunk will say and do all manner of insane things. People say 'Well thats the alcohol talking". No it's not. The alcohol only eradicates the inhibitions. The crap that flows forth is whats really inside there.

It's the same with Trump and his sycophants. He lowered their inhibitions and the real people they are came flowing out. Ugly. Vile. Liberal. America hating. It doesn't matter what they appeared to be in the past. Their actions today define them.

THAT is who these people are. Their actions in trying to elect an anti 1A/Anti 2A/Pro gay agenda/Pro amnesty liberal mean they want those things themselves. That is as anti constitutional as it gets.

Lets face it. You do not support what you oppose. They arent opposing Trump.

HonestJohn

« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2016, 08:54:34 pm »

Look at it like a drunk. A drunk will say and do all manner of insane things. People say 'Well thats the alcohol talking". No it's not. The alcohol only eradicates the inhibitions. The crap that flows forth is whats really inside there.

It's the same with Trump and his sycophants. He lowered their inhibitions and the real people they are came flowing out. Ugly. Vile. Liberal. America hating. It doesn't matter what they appeared to be in the past. Their actions today define them.

THAT is who these people are. Their actions in trying to elect an anti 1A/Anti 2A/Pro gay agenda/Pro amnesty liberal mean they want those things themselves. That is as anti constitutional as it gets.

Yep.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2016, 09:02:56 pm »

I used to doubt this, but no more.  Your description is accurate.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2016, 09:07:32 pm »
Is it me...or do you find it funny that a Trump supporter refers to us as "drones"?

Actually, I could care less what Trumpsters think of us.  They've been duped.  They were warned for months.  The sad thing is, if only they had listened we could have saved this country from Hillary.   8888crybaby

Proudly #NeverTrump  #Never Hillary

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2016, 09:18:25 pm »
I used to doubt this, but no more.  Your description is accurate.

Its a hard truth. It's an ugly truth. People do anything they can to avoid it. But it is the truth. The demonstrated truth, the logical truth, the behavorial truth and the historical truth.

These people are everything the very idea of America stands in opposition to. America is about Honesty. Integrity. Faith. Principle. And thats why they want their 'wrecking ball' to ascend to the throne. He opposes all those things. On record.
He says everything is negotiable. That eliminates honesty and integrity. He was fine with a woman rotting in jail over the gay issue. That eliminates faith. And he flip flops every day. That eliminates principle.

They want him/that in power.
Thats the reality.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2016, 09:24:16 pm »
Its a hard truth. It's an ugly truth. People do anything they can to avoid it. But it is the truth. The demonstrated truth, the logical truth, the behavorial truth and the historical truth.

These people are everything the very idea of America stands in opposition to. America is about Honesty. Integrity. Faith. Principle. And thats why they want their 'wrecking ball' to ascend to the throne. He opposes all those things. On record.
He says everything is negotiable. That eliminates honesty and integrity. He was fine with a woman rotting in jail over the gay issue. That eliminates faith. And he flip flops every day. That eliminates principle.

They want him/that in power.
Thats the reality.

Again, WELL said, Norm.

And painfully true.  Trump is the antithesis of American values.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2016, 09:43:28 pm »
If hillary wins the main reason for it will be the lower level of support he got from his party versus what she got from hers. I don't see how he wins, but there is some information that indicates he might. Voter registration for the Pubs is going better than it is for the Rats and Black turnout will probably be down.

I realize Trump supporters are tired of hearing from people that they will never vote for Trump. It cuts the other way though as well. I've yet to see any Trump supporters admit what a miserable lying jerk Trump has been.

LOL! 

I'll counter that with asking all the members here that SWORE Trump is simply a Trojan Horse and that he and Hillary are really BFF ....to step forward and accept your slap to the head.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2016, 09:49:28 pm »

He's just trying to backtrack and broaden his 'appeal'.   Very clumsy. 

Had no belief that he would do any wholesale deportations....don't forget...I've got a soft spot for illegals.

But this recent Obama surge of opening our borders simply to change the complexion...literally....of the USA...is a bridge too far for me.   

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2016, 09:50:33 pm »

.....it's you.     

Silver Pines

« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2016, 09:56:18 pm »
Sen Cruz would just come off as petty if he didn't accept the apology. Also, as a Christian his first reaction would be to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It will never happen though, Trump lacks the humility and the capacity to admit error.

@bilo

Which is why I don't care if Trump apologizes or not.  If he did it, it would be phony and for appearances only.  I'd rather they just go their separate ways---Trump back to Manhattan and his gold-plated mink-lined tacky penthouse, and Cruz to vindication.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2016, 09:58:07 pm »
.....it's you.   

Says the willfully blind cultist.  :nono:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2016, 10:10:39 pm »
@bilo

Which is why I don't care if Trump apologizes or not.  If he did it, it would be phony and for appearances only.  I'd rather they just go their separate ways---Trump back to Manhattan and his gold-plated mink-lined tacky penthouse, and Cruz to vindication.

Cruz has already been vindicated a hundred fold.  This Trump amnesty stuff is just icing on the cake.

Silver Pines

« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2016, 10:31:56 pm »
Cruz has already been vindicated a hundred fold.  This Trump amnesty stuff is just icing on the cake.

Very true.  And there will be more to come.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2016, 11:35:36 pm »

Had no belief that he would do any wholesale deportations....don't forget...I've got a soft spot for illegals.

But this recent Obama surge of opening our borders simply to change the complexion...literally....of the USA...is a bridge too far for me.

??? So ... are you saying he's only saying what he needs to, to get elected?? Then what is Trump's actual stance then on illegal immigration?  If he becomes president is he or is he not going to grant amnesty and is he or is he not going to build the wall?? 

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2016, 11:41:02 pm »
I'll counter that with asking all the members here that SWORE Trump is simply a Trojan Horse and that he and Hillary are really BFF ....to step forward and accept your slap to the head.   

A slap to the head for stating what is looking more and more like an undeniable truth?  I think not.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2016, 11:43:03 pm »

So...was he lying then, or is he lying now?  (HINT: It's not an exclusive OR question; it's entirely possible for him to have lied both times.)
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline bilo

« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2016, 01:21:31 am »
@bilo

I think you're right that history will vindicate Sen Cruz and in 4yrs I would bet most Pubs who were at the convention will say they cheered for him.