Author Topic: Donald Trump takes a page out of ‘Reaganomics’  (Read 1631 times)

Offline unknown

Donald Trump takes a page out of ‘Reaganomics’
« on: August 23, 2016, 05:17:38 am »

http://nypost.com/2016/08/09/donald-trump-takes-a-page-out-of-reaganomics/

By Daniel Halper and Bob Fredericks
August 9, 2016 | 12:23am

Donald Trump called Monday for a “tax revolution” modeled on the vision of Ronald Reagan that would slash income tax rates, cut corporate taxes and create millions of jobs for a new era of prosperity.

“These reforms will offer the biggest tax revolution since the Reagan tax reform, which unleashed years of continued economic growth and job creation,” the GOP presidential nominee told the Detroit Economic Club.

“I want to jump-start America. It can be done, and it won’t even be that hard,” he said.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Donald Trump takes a page out of ‘Reaganomics’
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 05:18:21 am »

See link for specifics on his policy.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 05:19:33 am »
trillions in new debt
bigger government
more government programs
bigger stimulus than Obama
corporate welfare to the max
high tariffs
high taxes
trade wars

oh yea, this is all so Reaganesque...

**nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 05:44:57 am »
Here is what Trump had to say about the Reagan tax cuts back in 1991:

So this tax act was just an absolute catastrophe for the country, for the real estate industry, and I really hope that something can be done — as Congressman Thomas recently said, that something can be done to change at least parts of it, because it has taken all incentive away from investing in real estate, and real estate really means so many jobs...by having cut the high income tax rates to 25 percent, as an example, people don’t have the incentive any more to invest. They’re saying, “Why should I take a chance on investing in low or moderate-income housing? I might as well just pay the tax.” But the fact is, that 25 percent for high-income people — for high-income people — it should be raised substantially with the understanding that if you invest, you can get it down and down substantially below that number...I was asked to come by the Chairman, and I make this plea that, if something isn’t done to put the incentive back — I mean, we’re no different right now than the Soviet Union. They have no incentive, and we have no incentive. And if something isn’t done to quickly put the incentive back, this country is going to be in very deep problems.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4544001/donald-trump-1991-house-hearing-us-economic-recovery-depression-vs-recession

Donald Trump is a pathological liar.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

geronl

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 05:49:09 am »
no different than the Soviet Union?

lol

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 05:55:00 am »

And eats it.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 07:11:14 am »
See link for specifics on his policy.

Okay, I did.

Seems like another issue of flip-flopping, lack of specifics...

2016: 0, 10, 20 and 25 percent.

2016: 12, 25 and 33 percent.

Still no word where the cutoffs are for the brackets.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 08:01:22 am »

So this tax act was just an absolute catastrophe for the country, for the real estate industry, and I really hope that something can be done — as Congressman Thomas recently said, that something can be done to change at least parts of it, because it has taken all incentive away from investing in real estate, and real estate really means so many jobs...by having cut the high income tax rates to 25 percent, as an example, people don’t have the incentive any more to invest. They’re saying, “Why should I take a chance on investing in low or moderate-income housing? I might as well just pay the tax.” But the fact is, that 25 percent for high-income people — for high-income people — it should be raised substantially with the understanding that if you invest, you can get it down and down substantially below that number...I was asked to come by the Chairman, and I make this plea that, if something isn’t done to put the incentive back — I mean, we’re no different right now than the Soviet Union. They have no incentive, and we have no incentive. And if something isn’t done to quickly put the incentive back, this country is going to be in very deep problems.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4544001/donald-trump-1991-house-hearing-us-economic-recovery-depression-vs-recession

I posted that video on TOS earlier this year and those who responded said Trump was right and were saying taxes needed to be raised on the wealthy to spur investment... It was one of the reasons I left. Trump has always been a crony capitalist using government to steer money his way. TOS dumped all things conservative to follow their "businessman" billionaire champion. Freerepublic has become a sick joke.

Online DB

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 08:04:45 am »

http://nypost.com/2016/08/09/donald-trump-takes-a-page-out-of-reaganomics/

By Daniel Halper and Bob Fredericks
August 9, 2016 | 12:23am

Donald Trump called Monday for a “tax revolution” modeled on the vision of Ronald Reagan that would slash income tax rates, cut corporate taxes and create millions of jobs for a new era of prosperity.

“These reforms will offer the biggest tax revolution since the Reagan tax reform, which unleashed years of continued economic growth and job creation,” the GOP presidential nominee told the Detroit Economic Club.

“I want to jump-start America. It can be done, and it won’t even be that hard,” he said.

{.. snip ..}

Are you Mechanicos?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 10:21:19 am »

And eats it.

I was gonna say "and wipes his butt with it" but what you said works too. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 10:41:33 am »

He's also more interested in doling out favors to his own industry.

If he took a page out of Reaganomics, then it wouldn't even be plagiarism in Trump's case; it would be a case of simple theft and/or vandalism.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 11:22:14 am »
Any tax cuts wont make any difference as long as the federal government continues it's growth.  Both Clinton and Trump promise more spending, more deficits, and more debt.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 11:26:50 am »
He's also more interested in doling out favors to his own industry.

If he took a page out of Reaganomics, then it wouldn't even be plagiarism in Trump's case; it would be a case of simple theft and/or vandalism.

It's a long-established FACT that the real estate industry is the heart of the American economy.

Whether homes sell or not....one way or another, everybody is affected.

Lumber....concrete....paint...steel...appliances....windows...roof shingles...brick.....autos...

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:28:07 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 09:24:17 pm »
It's a long-established FACT that the real estate industry is the heart of the American economy.

Whether homes sell or not....one way or another, everybody is affected.

Lumber....concrete....paint...steel...appliances....windows...roof shingles...brick.....autos...

What actual numbers or statistics do you have to back up your claim?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DB

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 11:10:46 pm »
What actual numbers or statistics do you have to back up your claim?

The number one industry is real estate in the US. Number three is government... But that has zip to do with Trump trying to steer tax shelter money to his industry. Trump wanted income taxes on the "wealthy" to be 50%+ with the only way to avoid it by using real estate tax shelters as forced investment. Trump's a crony capitalist all the way. That's why he railed against Reagan's tax reductions back in the 80's. He was no longer in heavily government favored industry even though interest on mortgages remains a protected class...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 02:38:09 am »

This definitely ranks near the top as one of the more absurd comments I have read here.  The heart of the American economy is and always has been the invisible hand.  And since the 1930s, the primary obstacle to that heartbeat has been government.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 02:40:10 am »
Trump wanted income taxes on the "wealthy" to be 50%+ with the only way to avoid it by using real estate tax shelters as forced investment. Trump's a crony capitalist all the way. That's why he railed against Reagan's tax reductions back in the 80's.

Spot on.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-