Author Topic: North Carolina: State trooper shoots dead an unarmed deaf mute father who was trying to communicate via sign language after being pulled over for a speeding violation  (Read 8230 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

As it is, he'll now be prosecuted, so he's ruined at least two lives.

@Oceander

Not a chance. His name is Jermaine,and the NCHP is refusing to disclose his race.

YOU figure it out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wait until all the facts are in before you start bashing a cop.....this is just the first version and you know good and well the story will change several times before we get all the facts.

@mystery-ak

WHAT facts could possibly justify an adult state trooper shooting a skinny little dude to death that is unarmed,alone, and MAYBE weighed 140 lbs?

You DO know that state troopers,other than the AA females,are all large males that take self-defense classes and classes on how to physically subdue suspects,right?

On top of that,besides their handgun,they also have tazers/stun guns,collapsible wands,and/or pepper spray.

Online mountaineer

Before anyone sprains an ankle jumping to any more conclusions,  please read my two posts above.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

The “Deaf Man Executed By Cop” Narrative Is a Lie. Here’s the Proof, from BearingArms.com

Excerpt:

So shooting a guy at the end of a high speed chase is justified.  Got it.

Unless the cop saw a gun, he was probably acting out of anger, which a police officer should NEVER do.   

So, I say baloney to all this Blue Lives Matter justification for this shooting.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline rodamala

A lot of cops sure seem afraid to do their jobs.   Maybe we all need to step back and think about the fear that goes through a cop when making a stop like this.

If I were afraid that I would be sued because I might design a bridge that will collapse, perhaps I may want to pick a different career than Structural Engineering.

Cops are not victims, they are volunteers.

Offline rodamala

Audio cues are crucial while driving. I was almost sideswiped the other day on the highway by a lady who would have hit me had she not heard my horn. Horns are a safety device.

All vehicles on the road, including busses and trolleys (here in Boston we still have trolleys) are legally required to have horns.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

:nono:

Online mountaineer

So shooting a guy at the end of a high speed chase is justified.  Got it.

Unless the cop saw a gun, he was probably acting out of anger, which a police officer should NEVER do.   

So, I say baloney to all this Blue Lives Matter justification for this shooting.
We haven't yet heard the officer's account of how he allegedly felt threatened.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

Why shouldn't it be?  It's certainly not the same as driving while blind.

He was in a Volvo.  Safest cars made. It should of been okay. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
He was in a Volvo.  Safest cars made. It should of been okay.

So you are saying he is should have stayed in his car and he would be alive today.

"Never get outta the effing boat"
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Oceander

Before anyone sprains an ankle jumping to any more conclusions,  please read my two posts above.

I did; unfortunately, it would have been nice if the authors of those posts had heeded the basic point of waiting for more facts.  They're speculating just as much as anyone else; as cops they should know that's not smart.

I'm waiting for more facts because the facts that were made public are perplexing, to say the least; they also do not reflect well on the officer.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Right. Watch the language. And let the anger go. Vote hillary.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

Right. Watch the language. And let the anger go. Vote hillary.

I"m not confrontational Mister; so I didn't quote post #2; but I don't appreciate anyone using our Lord's name in a vulgar way and I did start this thread after all.

Glad you were so concerned to see what one was talking about.

Offline TomSea

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I"m not confrontational Mister; so I didn't quote post #2; but I don't appreciate anyone using our Lord's name in a vulgar way and I did start this thread after all.

Glad you were so concerned to see what one was talking about.

@TomSea

So the whole world is supposed to adjust to and obey your religious dictates?

If there is a God,he is a big boy and should be able to handle things like that. If he can't,he ain't much of a God. If YOU can't handle it,you ain't much of a believer.

This is a political discussion on the internet amongst adults,not Bible School.

NOT trying to be insulting,but not liking being insulted and being told what I have to say and what I can't say,either.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 02:38:36 pm by sneakypete »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
These goddamned cops are trigger happy.  I have cop nephews and they are just dumbfounded at how quickly guns are drawn in traffic stops.  They've been officers for 20 years and, between them, have drawn weapons three times.

If a cop is afraid of a deaf mute, maybe he shouldn't have a friggin' gun.

@Oceander
@sinkspur

I got pulled over last week for the first time in about 20 years.    The cop was acting erratic before he even saw me.   Apparently this middle aged overweight white guy (me) was a huge threat because he was extremely jumpy and his female partner watched me like a hawk.    Even after I advised I was a permit holder (proving I am law abiding) he was still one wrong move from shooting me.  It was very scary.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

So the whole world is supposed to adjust to and obey your religious dictates?

If there is a God,he is a big boy and should be able to handle things like that. If he can't,he ain't much of a God. If YOU can't handle it,you ain't much of a believer.

This is a political discussion on the internet amongst adults,not Bible School.

It's good enough for TOS; nothing wrong with that.

Seeing how EC offered me the mod job for this forum, I guess I now accept.  And we'll see what Your dictates mean.

No, that kind of language is more proper to let's say the left wing websites.

Perhaps, one can see a distinction between those who supported the likes of Cruz, Carson or Trump or Rubio, Christian men with Christian values.

Offline TomSea

TOS guidelines, no profanity, no racism, no name-calling.

I see nothing wrong with that and no, don't give me some rude, go over there then.

There is nothing wrong with civil discussion.

And again, I suppose I would accept modding because we have an example where one has to put up with vulgarity.

NSFW, let's take a vote on it, if one is so adamant for it.

Offline skeeter

Family Forum, watch the language.

I see no problem with observing certain standards for propriety.

Levels of profanity tend to correlate pretty closely with the level of civil discourse.

Offline driftdiver

TOS guidelines, no profanity, no racism, no name-calling.

I see nothing wrong with that and no, don't give me some rude, go over there then.

There is nothing wrong with civil discussion.

And again, I suppose I would accept modding because we have an example where one has to put up with vulgarity.

NSFW, let's take a vote on it, if one is so adamant for it.

@mystery-ak
@Right_in_Virginia

@TomSea you're a mod now?   Why are so many rabid Trump supporters being made mods?   Is criticism of Trump going to be banned here too?

I happen to agree that profanity is often overused but it is appropriate sometimes.   

Offline TomSea

@mystery-ak
@Right_in_Virginia

@TomSea you're a mod now?   Why are so many rabid Trump supporters being made mods?   Is criticism of Trump going to be banned here too?

I happen to agree that profanity is often overused but it is appropriate sometimes.

Who is a rabid Trump supporter?

Drift Driver results to name-calling, pretty ugly.

Also, I am avid against Hillary Clinton, were you not the same person who said Obama, who made fun of the mentally ill as well with his special olympics remarks was better than Trump?

Honestly, your argument is not going to work and I confused this forum with the World Forum but EC did offer me that by email and EC is not a rabid Trump supporter.

So, Drift Driver again, resorts to personal attacks and it is impossible to see whether this individual even qualifies in the mildest form as being a Conservative with this track record.

I support the nominee, as Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich and others do. That does not make them "rabid Trump fans". More disgusting behavior per so-called Never Trumpers.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 02:54:11 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

What's next? Alright to use pejoratives towards a certain ethnicity?

Well, it's my right to say what I want.

Offline driftdiver

@musiclady @sinkspur

@TomSea So you can insult and say what you want but nobody else can.  yep sounds like a mod from TOS.

Your emotional posting here demonstrates exactly the kind of behavior I object too.   At least the profanity is honest despite not being family friendly.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Oceander
@sinkspur

I got pulled over last week for the first time in about 20 years.    The cop was acting erratic before he even saw me.   Apparently this middle aged overweight white guy (me) was a huge threat because he was extremely jumpy and his female partner watched me like a hawk.    Even after I advised I was a permit holder (proving I am law abiding) he was still one wrong move from shooting me.  It was very scary.

@Oceander   @sinkspur  @driftdriver

I got pulled over a couple of years ago for speeding in this rural county by a brand-spanking new state trooper. This was maybe 2 PM on a bright and sunny afternoon. He walks up to the car and I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. I have my window rolled down,I am looking straight ahead,and I have both hands high on the steering wheel where he can see them. He tells me I was speeding,which I didn't really know because the speedo didn't work,and then told me to show him my driver's license. That was when I told him I had a CCW permit and had a gun in my pocket. I did this with both hands still on the steering wheel because I didn't want any misunderstandings. Keep in mine that the senior HP officer in this area once took his new Beretta out of his holster and handed it to me to look at when I asked him about his new gun. Kinda freaked out the tourists in the public business where we were both doing business,but I guess they got over it. 20 years ago I had a sheriff's deputy come to the house at 2 AM one night to ask me if I would grab my 45 and ride along with him and just sit in the car as possible backup while he went to bust up a loud party of drunks.  The sheriff even volunteered to give me a permit to buy Class 3 weapons if I wanted,and told his secretary to just sign off on me getting anything I wanted.

Hell,it was the sheriff that called me when CCW became legal here,and told me he wanted me at the courthouse the next day filling out CCW papers and that he would personally fingerprint me and forward the paperwork to make sure it went through. I had been carrying a concealed gun for close to 20 years at that time,and he knew it because he knew me from before he became a deputy,and because I am the one that changed his mind and got him to support CCW permits. I actually stood in his office and argued with him about it,and when he said he was afraid of people running around with guns in their pockets,I told him I had one in my pocket right then and asked him if he wanted to see it. I also asked him how afraid it made him to know I was in his office with a gun in my pocket,and he had to admit it didn't worry him at all. Remember,we had known each other for decades.

In short,I ain't the guy local LEO's are afraid of being armed.

None of which kept this yahoo from hitting the panic button,pulling his gun,and actually backing out into traffic to get some distance and point his gun at my head with shaking hands. He ordered me to release my seat belt with one hand,and to back out of the car with both hands in plain sight,and then lean against it with both hands on the roof. He was in a full-tilt panic that I could hear in his voice when he asked me what kind of gun it was and where it was. I told him "It's a 22 revolver,and in my right front pants pocket." He wouldn't allow ME to take it out,he had me lean against the car off-balance while HE carefully took this dangerous and sophisticated weapon from my pocket and walked back to lay it on the hood of his patrol car. It's the gun I carry in my pocket to shoot snakes when working out in the yard,and I had forgotten I even had it in my pocket until I was stopped.

He gave me the ticket after calling in to verify my drivers license and CWP,but before he left he told me to go lean against the hood of my car with my hands on it,put my 22 on the trunk lid of the car,and told me to not move until he was in his car and leaving.

I told him "Looky here,bubba. If you are THIS scared stopping a old fat white man with a CCW permit in broad daylight that is by himself,WTF are you going to do when you stop a car with 6 drunk black males in it at 2 AM,and you are by yourself?  You need to be finding another job because you just ain't suited for this one."

Evidently other people told him this too,including his superiors,because the next time I noticed him several months later he was one of those guys that stop truckers and weigh them. Not sure that worked out for him either,because it wasn't long after that he just disappeared. He could have been transferred to another county,but I suspect he quit to avoid being fired.

Wingnut