Author Topic: Is Donald Trump More Conservative Than Conservatives?  (Read 6211 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Is Donald Trump More Conservative Than Conservatives?
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 10:22:49 pm »
Hmm, an authoritarian form of government led by a strong-man dictator, very nationalistic, using the power of government to reward favored businesses and punish out-of-favor businesses, all while the liberty of the individual is more and more restricted... now, where have I heard of that type of government before?  :pondering:

Obama, Juan Peron, Woodrow Wilson?

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 10:38:57 pm »
Obama, Juan Peron, Woodrow Wilson?

I would say that Pres. Obama has not governed in a "nationalistic" manner, but the other two names fit well I think.
Let it burn.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 10:45:27 pm »
Trump is not conservative.

The liberal idiot has said his favorite president was Bill Clinton. I know of no conservative who has ever said that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has given 6-digit figures to the corrupt Clinton Foundation. Trump has. In fact, Trump has given heavily to far left democrat politicians like Charles Schumer, Harry Reid, Anthony Wiener, Hillary Clinton, Democratic National Committee chairman Terry McAuliffe, Rahm Emmanuel, Charlie Rangel, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Tom Daschle and Joe Biden. Sure, he has given to Republicans also, but the majority of his generosity has gone to democrats, and the most corrupt among them.

I am unaware of any conservative who wants to ban "assault weapons". There is no such thing you know. "Assault weapon" is a term created by anti-gun liberals so they could ban guns based on cosmetic appearances...and Trump, being the liberal that he is, fell for it.

I am unaware of any conservative who has said they want to extend the waiting periods to purchase firearms. Trump has.

I am unaware of any conservative who has praised as "Brilliant" gun-grabbing leftist and former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg for "Putting His Money Where His Mouth Is" on guns. Conservatives don't want to take guns, they respect the Second Amendment. Trump said he was for it. Conservative? I think not.

I am unaware of any conservative saying "the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans". Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has said “Bush was probably the worst president in the history of the United States.” Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative saying “I’m very liberal when it comes to health care. I believe in universal health care.” Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has supported nearly every facet of Obama’s disastrous economic agenda.  Trump did just that.

Conservative Supreme Court Justices William Rehnquist, Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas dissented on the 2005 Kelo Decision, which was the taking of a private individual's property, not for "public use" as is normally the case with eminent domain, but to give it to private industry as was done with Kelo (it was taken and given to Pfizer Pharmaceuticals). Being the crony capitalist he is, Trump said he was "100% for it".

From the bank bailouts to the auto bailouts, Trump has supported every facet of Obama’s economic plan.  His contributions to Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi helped get them reelected so they could then foist Obamacare on the nation.  He claims he wants to “Make America Great Again” while in reality, he has supported every liberal who worked to destroy it.

Trump is a liberal, a far left liberal.  He cannot be trusted and only the gullible would believe otherwise.

Offline unknown

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2016, 10:57:45 pm »

This is Ronald Reagan speaking to you from Hollywood.

You know me as a motion picture actor but tonight I’m just a citizen concerned about the national election next month and more than a little impatient with those promises the Republicans made before they got control of Congress a couple years ago. I remember listening to the radio on election night. Joseph Martin, the Republican Speaker of the House, said very solemnly and I quote, “We Republicans intend to work for a real increase in income for everybody by encouraging more production and lower prices without impairing wages or working conditions,” unquote. Remember that promise: a real increase in income for everybody. But what actually happened? The profits of corporations have doubled, while workers wages have increased by only one-quarter. In other words, profits have gone up four times as much as wages, and the small increase workers did receive was was more than eaten up by rising prices, which have also bored into their savings….the Standard Oil Company of New Jersey, which reported a net profit of $210 million after taxes for the first half of 1948; an increase of 70% in one year.

In other words, higher prices have not been caused by higher wages, but by bigger and bigger profits. The Republican promises sounded pretty good in 1946, but what has happened since then, since the 80th Congress took over? Prices have climbed to the highest level in history, although the death of the OPA was supposed to bring prices down “through the natural process of free competition”, unquote. Labor has been handcuffed with the vicious Taft-Hartley law. Social Security benefits have been snatched away from almost a million workers by the Gearhart bill. Fair employment practices, which had worked so well during war time, have been abandoned. Veterans’ pleas for low cost homes have been ignored, and many people are still living in made-over chicken coops and garages. Tax reduction bills have been passed to benefit the higher-income brackets alone. The average worker saved only $1.73 a week. In the false name of economy, millions of children have been deprived of milk once provided through the federal school lunch program. This was the payoff of the Republican promises. And this is why we must have new faces in the Congress of the United States: Democratic faces. This is why we must elect not only President Truman, but also men like Mayor Hubert Humphrey of Minneapolis, the Democratic candidate for Senator from Minnesota. Mayor Humphrey, 37, is one of the ablest men in public life…. Mayor Humphrey is fighting for all the principles advocated by President Truman. For adequate low-cost housing, for civil rights, for prices people can afford to pay, and for a labor movement freed of the Taft-Hartley law.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Oceander

Offline unknown

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2016, 11:00:13 pm »

Ronald Reagan - then a liberal Democrat - campaigns on the radio for President Truman in 1948. He also supports Hubert Humphrey for Senator from Minnesota and opposes the Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 which had been passed by the Republican congress over Truman's veto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJDhS4oUm0M

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2016, 11:03:47 pm »

Yes indeed.  :pondering:

I'd suggest that Donald Trump would implement Directive 10-289 during his first month in office, but why do that? I doubt he's read the book.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2016, 11:05:01 pm »

The liberal idiot has said his favorite president was Bill Clinton. I know of no conservative who has ever said that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has given 6-digit figures to the corrupt Clinton Foundation. Trump has. In fact, Trump has given heavily to far left democrat politicians like Charles Schumer, Harry Reid, Anthony Wiener, Hillary Clinton, Democratic National Committee chairman Terry McAuliffe, Rahm Emmanuel, Charlie Rangel, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Tom Daschle and Joe Biden. Sure, he has given to Republicans also, but the majority of his generosity has gone to democrats, and the most corrupt among them.

I am unaware of any conservative who wants to ban "assault weapons". There is no such thing you know. "Assault weapon" is a term created by anti-gun liberals so they could ban guns based on cosmetic appearances...and Trump, being the liberal that he is, fell for it.

I am unaware of any conservative who has said they want to extend the waiting periods to purchase firearms. Trump has.

I am unaware of any conservative who has praised as "Brilliant" gun-grabbing leftist and former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg for "Putting His Money Where His Mouth Is" on guns. Conservatives don't want to take guns, they respect the Second Amendment. Trump said he was for it. Conservative? I think not.

I am unaware of any conservative saying "the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans". Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has said “Bush was probably the worst president in the history of the United States.” Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative saying “I’m very liberal when it comes to health care. I believe in universal health care.” Trump said just that.

I am unaware of any conservative who has supported nearly every facet of Obama’s disastrous economic agenda.  Trump did just that.

Conservative Supreme Court Justices William Rehnquist, Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas dissented on the 2005 Kelo Decision, which was the taking of a private individual's property, not for "public use" as is normally the case with eminent domain, but to give it to private industry as was done with Kelo (it was taken and given to Pfizer Pharmaceuticals). Being the crony capitalist he is, Trump said he was "100% for it".

From the bank bailouts to the auto bailouts, Trump has supported every facet of Obama’s economic plan.  His contributions to Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi helped get them reelected so they could then foist Obamacare on the nation.  He claims he wants to “Make America Great Again” while in reality, he has supported every liberal who worked to destroy it.

Trump is a liberal, a far left liberal.  He cannot be trusted and only the gullible would believe otherwise.

Correct on every point.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2016, 11:06:55 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline Fantom

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2016, 11:08:14 pm »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2016, 11:16:44 pm »
The author is a social justice advocate (along the lines of Pope Francis).
https://ethikapolitika.org/2015/03/12/the-failure-of-catholic-social-thought-in-alberta/

Wow..

Looking through his articles, I also don't think he views Conservatism as a positive which gives a different light to the OP's post.

:silly:   :silly:   :silly: 

I just read it and you are right. HEY UNKNOWN!!  Do you know you just posted an anti-Trump story?  Did you ever get past the title?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:17:45 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2016, 11:19:15 pm »
This thread is the sort of thread that makes me think it is futile to seek any contemplative thought on this website. 

It just seems to be mostly "attaboy!"  and "Ohhh you burned him!"   sort of juvenile high school stuff,  in the manner we used to refer to as a "circle jerk."   

Can someone please write something that sounds like they at least put some thinking into it? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Fantom

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2016, 11:22:02 pm »

Can someone please write something that sounds like they at least put some thinking into it?

You mean like your ..Hillary = Nazi post...LOL. Yeah, you da Man. That kind of thinkin'? :silly:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2016, 11:24:27 pm »
You mean like your ..Hillary = Nazi post...LOL. Yeah, you da Man. That kind of thinkin'? :silly:

More accurate than most of the crap I see getting flung around.   A lot of you don't seem to have the slightest clue what Hillary has already done with power when she had it. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline unknown

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2016, 11:26:41 pm »

On the liberal Ronald Reagan:

“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”

“I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and who have lived here even though sometime back they may have entered illegally.”

“There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons,”

"Why I'm for the Brady Bill" Ronald Reagan, http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html

As governor, Reagan signed into law the largest tax increase in the history of any state up until that point.

Ronald Reagan signed the Mulford Act, which prohibited the carrying of firearms on your person, in your vehicle, and in any public place or on the street,

Reagan passed the most liberal pro-choice legislation up until that time as governor of California, the Therapeutic Abortion Act, signed on June 14, 1967.

“If you look at my father and you just knew him as governor — raised taxes, signed an abortion bill, no-fault divorce, and a few other things — today, the argument against him would come from the right, not from the left.”

Offline Fantom

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2016, 11:31:03 pm »

More accurate than most of the crap I see getting flung around.   A lot of you don't seem to have the slightest clue what Hillary has already done with power when she had it.

Nor you trump.

His propensity to seek total destruction of any who oppose him in even the slightest manner is the very heart of a fascist person. I would fear trump with the IRS/FBI and any other government power more than I do Hillery.

Neither are good, both are evil. Pick your poison.

You just think  you can "harness" your Ill Douche... that trump is your Fascist. Or you are blind, take your pick. 

BTW, Plenty of trumpansie crap thrown about.. it is what they do. Scream and shout and jump about flinging Poo everywhere.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:41:17 pm by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

HonestJohn

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2016, 11:44:20 pm »
Hmm, an authoritarian form of government led by a strong-man dictator, very nationalistic, using the power of government to reward favored businesses and punish out-of-favor businesses, all while the liberty of the individual is more and more restricted... now, where have I heard of that type of government before?  :pondering:

I can't see *ANY* parallels in history.  Nope.  None at all.   :whistle:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2016, 12:01:41 am »

What a silly accusation.  You actually think that ANY of us don't know exactly who Hillary is??  How arrogant of you.

It should frighten you that, even though we know full well how horrid Hillary is, that we STILL won't vote for Donald Trump.

If that doesn't set off a myriad of alarm bells in your mind, maybe you should open it up a bit to the reality of how bad Trump is.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

geronl

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2016, 12:07:16 am »

Trump and Hillary are political twins.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2016, 12:28:45 am »
Is Donald Trump More Conservative Than Conservatives?

This is the same exact tactic that the Chrislam adherents use to browbeat biblical Christians by stating that Muhammed was more devout to God than Jesus.

And just as stupid and desperate.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2016, 12:37:27 am »

We all know what Hillary and the Clintons are like and it scare the bejesus out of me if  she wins the presidency....that is in itself the one and only reason I will probably vote for Trump.....not because of anything Trump has said or done...just out of my pure hatred of Hillary.....and there are quite a few of us on TBR.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2016, 12:53:47 am »
We all know what Hillary and the Clintons are like and it scare the bejesus out of me if  she wins the presidency....that is in itself the one and only reason I will probably vote for Trump.....not because of anything Trump has said or done...just out of my pure hatred of Hillary.....and there are quite a few of us on TBR.

I can respect that decision. I still cannot sign my name onto Trump though, but living in a state that Hillary will easily win no matter what I do,  I will vote my conscience, and use my right to write-in. Then vote the down ballot.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2016, 01:38:42 am »
I can respect that decision. I still cannot sign my name onto Trump though, but living in a state that Hillary will easily win no matter what I do,  I will vote my conscience, and use my right to write-in. Then vote the down ballot.

...and I respect your decision too.....that is our right as citizens and voters....vote your conscience
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2016, 01:40:48 am »
...and I respect your decision too.....that is our right as citizens and voters....vote your conscience

Chiming in to say I agree with both of you.   :patriot:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2016, 01:43:57 am »

There's a difference between conservative and reactionary.    Well put.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide