Author Topic: Donald Trump’s Lincolnesque Moment... David Horowitz  (Read 2484 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump’s Lincolnesque Moment... David Horowitz
« on: August 20, 2016, 03:54:01 pm »
Donald Trump’s Lincolnesque Moment
A landmark in the emergence of a new Republican Party..

August 19, 2016
David Horowitz

Today in Dimondale Michigan Donald Trump gave what was not only the best speech of his campaign but a speech that will one day be seen as a landmark in the emergence of a new Republican Party – a party finally returning to its roots as the party of Lincoln. If this sounds like hyperbole ask yourself what other Republican leader in recent memory has addressed America’s African American communities in this voice:

The African-American community has given so much to this country.  They’ve fought and died in every war since the Revolution.  They’ve lifted up the conscience of our nation in the long march for Civil Rights.  They’ve sacrificed so much for the national good.  Yet, nearly 4 in 10 African-American children still live in poverty, and 58% of young African-Americans are not working. We must do better as a country.  I refuse to believe that the future must be like the past.

more
http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/263910/donald-trumps-lincolnesque-moment-david-horowitz
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Donald Trump’s Lincolnesque Moment... David Horowitz
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 04:08:33 pm »
Horowitz, in his usual nasty, biting style, just can't let a single article pass without slamming the tiny #NeverTrump contingent. I'm ecstatic that we get on the nerves of these clowns like him and Mark Davis.

Not to forget the #NeverTrumpers on the Republican side. These defectors are among the loudest slanderers, smearing Trump as a racist and a bigot when he is obviously the very opposite of that. In fact, when you look at what Trump is actually saying and actually doing, Never Trumpism appears as the newest racism of low expectations. To turn their backs on Trump conservatives must write off the inner cities and their suffering populations, regarding them as irredeemable, and unpersuadable, while leaveing them to their fate. Fortunately there is a large constituency in the Republican Party that resonates to Trump’s message of a new Republican Party and a new hope for all Americans - white and non-white – who have been left behind

As to Trump and blacks, he's given two speeches this week referencing blacks. Interesting that he would give them surrounded by white folks in cities that have less than 5% black populations.  Guess he knows he'd get booed off the stage if he actually went into an African-American community and said the same things.

If he's so friggin' serious about talking to blacks, why did he refuse to attend the NAACP Conference when he was invited two months ago? 

Trump is not serious about reaching out to blacks.  He's making a show for those moderate Republicans who have turned him off and are using people of color as props.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 04:10:49 pm »
:facepalm2:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 04:31:22 pm »
For the life of me I don't know what is wrong with reaching out to African Americans..Trump said a lot of things no GOP politician has said in public.....as far as where he said it..he is offering an olive branch and maybe will get an invitation to speak in their community...

....geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 04:45:05 pm »
For the life of me I don't know what is wrong with reaching out to African Americans..Trump said a lot of things no GOP politician has said in public.....as far as where he said it..he is offering an olive branch and maybe will get an invitation to speak in their community...

....geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

He spoke someone else's words.  He'll gainsay everything with whatever words are his own soon enough.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 04:46:06 pm »
Trump should talk to the black organizations; having said that, NAACP might be a questionable one for some. I don't know about the National Urban League, I thought he did speak to a group of African American pastors at one point.
Here’s the selected checklist of black organizations, groups and individuals GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump has flatly refused to speak to, reach out to or even acknowledge exist. They include: The NAACP, the National Urban League, The National Association of Black Journalists, Black Pastoral groups, and a host of Black business groups and entrepreneurs most recently in Detroit. His cold-shoulder of Blacks has even puzzled Gregory Cheadle, he’s the man that Trump has famously called “my African-American.” Cheadle, like Blacks within and without Trump’s campaign, have begged him to at least make some nod toward Black voters.

http://thyblackman.com/2016/08/16/please-stop-pestering-donald-trump-to-speak-to-blacks/

Agree or not, an editorial.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 04:47:19 pm »
He spoke someone else's words.  He'll gainsay everything with whatever words are his own soon enough.

We don't know that..he has said similar things like this in the past but never elaborated on it like he did in this speech.
Support the USO

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 04:54:49 pm »
We don't know that..he has said similar things like this in the past but never elaborated on it like he did in this speech.

Yes, we do know that.  It was utterly unlike everything else he's said in terms of thoughts and expression.  It was written by someone else.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 04:58:08 pm »
The problem is that Trump doesn't really belong to the "party of Lincoln".......... he belongs to the party of the KKK.......

Calling him "Lincolnesque" is just silly.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 05:12:30 pm »

Well that may be a stretch..lol
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 06:32:39 pm »
Well that may be a stretch..lol

I can't quite see Lincoln being the host of a reality TV show.  ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

geronl

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 07:15:49 pm »
"Listen here, you down and dirty blacks, your lives are terrible, horrible, not worth living! You need me, see? I can make it better! what have you losers got to lose?" - Trump

-Lincolnesque??

Offline hiram1950

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 03:32:52 am »

I wonder if Lincoln was Lincolnesque before he took office. I think he knew what he wanted to do as President. Did he have any clue how to get there?

If US Grant hadn't come along at the exact right time in United States history, Lincoln may have never become Lincolnesque.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 12:58:04 pm »

I wonder if Lincoln was Lincolnesque before he took office. I think he knew what he wanted to do as President. Did he have any clue how to get there?

If US Grant hadn't come along at the exact right time in United States history, Lincoln may have never become Lincolnesque.

All irrelevant.

Comparing Trump to Lincoln is just as ridiculous as comparing him to Reagan.

NO parallel exists between Trump and any great President, before or after their presidencies.

Offline hiram1950

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 04:19:30 pm »
NO parallel exists between Trump and any great President, before or after their presidencies.

I don't think I would look for traits of anyone who ran this year to stack up to Lincoln. No one, not even FDR,had an army of bad guys tapping on the White House door asking the President to come out and play like Lincoln did.

On the other hand, you can compare anyone to anyone else. Sometimes they measure up. In this type of comparison, usually they don't.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 06:23:13 pm »

I don't think I would look for traits of anyone who ran this year to stack up to Lincoln. No one, not even FDR,had an army of bad guys tapping on the White House door asking the President to come out and play like Lincoln did.

On the other hand, you can compare anyone to anyone else. Sometimes they measure up. In this type of comparison, usually they don't.

I go back to my original (true) statement.

Comparing the creepy leftist Trump to the honorable and strong Republican Lincoln is just silly.

The Trump brigade is desperate to make their small, narcissistic candidate seem like he is what he is not.

But they're failing, and just look silly in doing so.

Edited to reiterate....... Lincoln was in the party that freed the slaves.  Trump belongs to the party that birthed the KKK, Jim Crow, euthanasia, segregation, and poverty.

NO comparison.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 06:24:42 pm by musiclady »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2016, 06:43:15 pm »
Donald Trump’s Lincolnesque Moment
A landmark in the emergence of a new Republican Party..

August 19, 2016
David Horowitz

Today in Dimondale Michigan Donald Trump gave what was not only the best speech of his campaign but a speech that will one day be seen as a landmark in the emergence of a new Republican Party – a party finally returning to its roots as the party of Lincoln. If this sounds like hyperbole ask yourself what other Republican leader in recent memory has addressed America’s African American communities in this voice:

more
http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/263910/donald-trumps-lincolnesque-moment-david-horowitz

Aw geez.

If I end up voting for Trump it won't be because I believe he's suddenly become "Linconesque". It'll be because I think that somehow, whether intentionally or not, he'll do something or some things somewhat better than his opponent will.

geronl

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2016, 06:48:17 pm »
His most Lincolnesque moment wasn't when he threw a little huff after being beaten by a 14 year old in golf??

https://www.quora.com/What-is-Donald-Trump-like-in-person/answer/Adam-Levin-7

He was so embarrassed that he didn't congratulate me or say anything. He shook my hand and didn't even make eye contact. It was definitely the talk of the club for a while.

HonestJohn

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 11:02:46 am »
There is a difference between "actually reaching out and caring about a group of people" versus "my campaign is in shatters and I need to reboot and change my message to improve my chances of reaching the ultimate summit."

He did have a chance to speak at the NAACP gathering and turned it down.    trump's entire campaign up to a few days ago has been the most anti-minority I have ever witnessed. his campaign has welcomed with open arms the alt-right and supremacist groups and had several serving as their delegates, had many working phone banks and other work for the campaign. they have been visible in their t-shirts (Traditionalist Worker Party) in most of his early campaign videos.  trump had repeatedly retweeted supremacist group tweets.

Now, with 80 days left till the election I am to believe he has a change of heart?  This 70 year old man is evil to the core and will say and do anything to further his self-aggrandizement. He is the laughing stock around the world and is hated by large groups of minorities and despised and feared by many devout Christians. Yet, some of the GOP still on the fence are waiting for trump to say a few words (whether they are heartfelt doesn't matter) to make it OK to vote for him and ignore his entire life up until 4 days ago.

This.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 11:30:08 pm »

Sure you can.  Trump compares pretty well to both Huey Long, and to P. T. Barnum.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 04:26:06 am »
All irrelevant.

Comparing Trump to Lincoln is just as ridiculous as comparing him to Reagan.

The only people I would compare to Trump are Huey Long and P.T. Barnum.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 04:28:05 am »
Sure you can.  Trump compares pretty well to both Huey Long, and to P. T. Barnum.
Good grief...I just posted the same comparison without first seeing your post. :beer:

Oceander

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 10:35:49 am »
Good grief...I just posted the same comparison without first seeing your post. :beer:

Great minds think alike!!