Author Topic: Eric Trump: My father will improve inner cities  (Read 4906 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Eric Trump: My father will improve inner cities
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2016, 04:10:40 pm »
What does the president have to do with it?  Congress is the one who appropriates federal funds last I heard.

This.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

geronl

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2016, 04:13:38 pm »
What does the president have to do with it?  Congress is the one who appropriates federal funds last I heard.

Ask McConnell who went to bat for ObamaCare and spent more effort fighting Cruz efforts to defund it than he or Boehner ever fought against Obama. WHy? Basically McConnell was saying they could not defund ObamaCare because of Obama.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2016, 04:33:48 pm »
Ask McConnell who went to bat for ObamaCare and spent more effort fighting Cruz efforts to defund it than he or Boehner ever fought against Obama. WHy? Basically McConnell was saying they could not defund ObamaCare because of Obama.

McConnell was absolutely right in saying that they could not defund Obamacare because of Obama's veto, BECAUSE they lacked sufficient votes in Congress to override a Presidential veto.

Asking Congress to end Federal funding of schools is a pipe dream. Too many votes in Congress from too many States that do not want to end the funding to make that dream a reality.

Getting your State to stop accepting Federal funding is a far easier fight to win, which i the process diminishes the Feds' power over the States by strengthening the State's power over the Feds .
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

geronl

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2016, 04:38:20 pm »
McConnell was absolutely right in saying that they could not defund Obamacare because of Obama's veto

So they should not try. Right. They should not even attempt to get a compromise out of Obama, I guess.

The way McConnell and Bonehead fought for ObamaCare should never be forgiven.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2016, 04:48:25 pm »

For one thing its the Dept. of Education which is providing the incentives to the states who develop and adhere to Common Core.

The Dept. of Education funds Common Core by funneling money from another Obama program called Race to the Top which was started in 2009 with funds from the economic stimulus package.

So yes, the President does have something to do with it, and in the case of Common Core Obama has a lot to do with it.

Why Congress allows this type of crap to continue is another story.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2016, 04:49:51 pm »
Well we know nothing will improve under Hillary.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2016, 04:55:40 pm »
So they should not try. Right. They should not even attempt to get a compromise out of Obama, I guess.

The way McConnell and Bonehead fought for ObamaCare should never be forgiven.

What's there to forgive?  They both recognized they didn't have the votes.

That's the mistake Cruz made.  Thinking Obama was going to compromise on Obamacare was nothing but political opportunism by Cruz.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2016, 04:58:29 pm »
Getting your State to stop accepting Federal funding is a far easier fight to win, which i the process diminishes the Feds' power over the States by strengthening the State's power over the Feds .

Complete nonsense of course...its much harder for state governments to stop taking federal funds and difficult to resist taking them in the first place.

Ask Kasich...if you can get him to stop eating

geronl

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2016, 04:59:34 pm »

That's the mistake Cruz made.  Thinking Obama was going to compromise on Obamacare was nothing but political opportunism by Cruz.

Losing a vote would be fine, but they went to bat for Obama. They never fought liberals as viciously

geronl

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2016, 05:00:48 pm »

?

The mistake Cruz made was thinking the GOP was on the same side as him. I will cheer when the Republican Party is destroyed. Loudly.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2016, 06:13:15 pm »
Complete nonsense of course...its much harder for state governments to stop taking federal funds and difficult to resist taking them in the first place.

Ask Kasich...if you can get him to stop eating

Zero substance to your posts.

According to you, the john is a victim of the prostitutes and the pimps.