Author Topic: Men Are Getting Weaker — because We’re Not Raising Men  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Men Are Getting Weaker — because We’re Not Raising Men
« on: August 20, 2016, 06:59:55 pm »

by David French

August 16, 2016 2:16 PM

Young American males are losing touch with a critical element of true masculinity. If you’re the average Millennial male, your dad is stronger than you are. In fact, you may not be stronger than the average Millennial female. You’re exactly the kind of person who in generations past had your milk money confiscated every day — who got swirlied in the middle-school bathroom. The very idea of manual labor is alien to you, and even if you were asked to help, say, build a back porch, the task would exhaust you to the point of uselessness. Welcome to the new, post-masculine reality.

This morning, the Washington Post highlighted a study showing that the grip strength of a sample of college men had declined significantly between 1985 and 2016. Indeed, the grip strength of the sample of college men had declined so much — from 117 pounds of force to 98 — that it now matched that of older Millennial women. In other words, the average college male had no more hand strength than a 30-year-old mom....

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439040/male-physical-decline-masculinity-threatened?utm_source=NR&utm_medium=SatEmail&utm_campaign=August20french&utm_term=VDHM

Yep.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 07:09:06 pm by Sanguine »

Oceander

Re: Men Are Getting Weaker — because We’re Not Raising Men
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 07:03:36 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 08:03:23 pm »
A "His & Hers" nail salon opened up near where I live.  Not making this up.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 08:04:21 pm »
A "His & Hers" nail salon opened up near where I live.  Not making this up.

OMG...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 08:24:08 pm »

This area shows what the impact the military draft had, on male society. (For thousands of years, too.)

Every guy from early school, knew that one day he might face military service, complete with the rigors that involved.

School playground activity and athletics, provided training for all males, if they liked it or not.

But over time, mandatory physical education classes have been eliminated, and nobody has to serve if they do not want to.

The path to being a soft, pansy-ass nerd is easy. So many follow it these days.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 08:55:09 pm »
This area shows what the impact the military draft had, on male society. (For thousands of years, too.)

Every guy from early school, knew that one day he might face military service, complete with the rigors that involved.

School playground activity and athletics, provided training for all males, if they liked it or not.

But over time, mandatory physical education classes have been eliminated, and nobody has to serve if they do not want to.

Adjusting various aspects of our society to de-emphasize and often eliminate the natural advantages males have is another sad outgrowth of the civil rights movement.

There was much right with it, and there was/is much wrong with it as well. Its too bad society never learned how to separate the good from the nefarious.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 12:31:12 am »
@ truth_seeker  @skeeter

Reminds me so much of something my old mama said to me when we came here back when. I told her, "Mama, we can't cross the Atlantic ocean  like this." She said, "Shut up and SWIM!"
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 04:40:22 am »
Soy in everything and bisphenol a everywhere plays a major role in men going Devo.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 05:05:19 am »
And maybe that is the genetically modified soy.

Fermented Soy, probably not a problem, Okinawa diet.

--------

Yes, our ways in becoming politically correct, reaching for a gender neutral norm, these are damaging.

Being too macho as Latin America has "machismo" is probably damaging too.

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 05:39:04 am »
Fermented foods and ahem, beverages seem to be the ticket, Tom. There's an excellent cookbook out there called "Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon. It is very big on fermenting your food. The only knowledge I've applied is soaking quinoa overnight to sprout. Otherwise it acts as an anti-nutrient.