Author Topic: Jerry Falwell, Jr.: Trump is ‘Winston Churchill,’ Clinton Is ‘Neville Chamberlain’  (Read 3327 times)

Offline musiclady

Every time these idiots say something new and insanely stupid it just reinforces my knowledge that I'm doing the right thing by skipping the top of the ticket.

@Cripplecreek

Sometimes I wonder when they make these outlandish pronouncements if they've totally lost their marbles, or if they are just working too hard to justify their support of an unqualified, amoral liberal.

Falwell, unless he's a complete hypocrite and liar, is most likely a moral man with Biblical standards.  His embrace of Trump has got to be chafing his conscience, and maybe he's just saying dopey things like this to convince himself that he's doing the right thing.

Unfortunately, the result is that he's making a complete fool of himself.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

He obviously didn't graduate from the school of hard knocks.

Elite schools don't mean much to me.  Ivy League graduates are no better than car mechanics or bricklayers.

Wait, let me amend that....we're talking about Trump, who isn't as good as the average mechanic or bricklayer.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Gee, Jerry, where'd you get that idea? Oh, you actually met and talked to him? Well, don't believe your lying eyes. Everyone here knows Trump is a big government liberal and eats puppies.
We're not fooled by cult of personality. Let yourself get too close to anyone, especially a sociopath, and you can easily lose all sense of objectivity.

How do you think Charles Manson did it?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Elite schools don't mean much to me.  Ivy League graduates are no better than car mechanics or bricklayers.
Those universities are social clubs, a way to keep the major institutions out of the reach of the common man. If you're related to someone famous, or are already famous, you can skate into Harvard easily. If you're a commoner? You have to be insanely talented in just about every facet of life.

I once played baseball with a Brown University student—he was a very talented and intelligent athlete. Brown is where actress Emma Watson went to school. Now, I'm sure it is a pretty big campus and it's easy to get lost in it, but this guy never saw her there his whole time. What it tells me is that they simply have different standards for commoners and famous people.

As we know, Trump's father was already well-established in real estate by the time he went to college. So the fact that he was educated at the finest colleges only proves nepotism.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Donald Trump graduated from the finest academies and most prestigious universities. He knows all about Churchhill and Chamberlain. But you all know that -- you're just filled with anger and like to express it through hate and lies.

Never Trump has never been right about anything and this is no different.
I don't know what you and the Trump caucus are talking about.

What we were discussing was the comparison between Hillary Clinton and Neville Chamberlain, and how that was an insult to Chamberlain (i.e. Clinton's even worse than him, a sentiment I would THINK we would agree upon). For the most part, we've left Trump out of this entirely.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sorry Jerry.....

IF you want to compare WW2 leaders to Trump, you might want to check Germany and Russia first.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Wrong side of the channel Jerry.

Offline sinkspur

Donald Trump graduated from the finest academies and most prestigious universities. He knows all about Churchhill and Chamberlain. But you all know that -- you're just filled with anger and like to express it through hate and lies.

Never Trump has never been right about anything and this is no different.

You should be in Trump's PR department.  Trump was sent to a military academy by his father to discipline his out-of-control ass. And, we know he went to Wharton, but,like Obama, refuses to release his transcripts.  So he likely graduated with a 2.0. 

I'm not convinced Trump isn't trying to throw this election by bringing on white supremacist Bannon.  Yeah, he's sending out Conway to sweet-talk women, and he thinks condescending to blacks by saying "you're in poverty, you have no jobs, your schools suck" is going to win them over.

Too much water under the bridge with most people. They know who Trump is and will not be fooled by this faux-exterior Conway's zipped him up in.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 02:23:23 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Donald Trump graduated from the finest academies and most prestigious universities.

So that is where he found the "best words" :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.