Author Topic: Byron York: From Donald Trump, a stunning admission and a new direction  (Read 444 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Byron York: From Donald Trump, a stunning admission and a new direction
By Byron York (@ByronYork) • 8/18/16 9:12 PM

In general, in a campaign filled with controversial statements, it's fair to say Donald Trump doesn't do apologies and he doesn't do regret. Which is why it was extraordinary that in his speech in Charlotte Thursday night — one of his first under a new campaign management — Trump did that rarest of things: he expressed regret for rhetorical excesses of the past and conceded that they may have caused pain for some people.

"Sometimes in the heat of debate and speaking on a multitude of issues, you don't choose the right words or say the right thing," Trump told the crowd at the Charlotte Convention Center. "I have done that. And believe it or not, I regret it. And I do regret it. Particularly where it may have caused personal pain. Too much is at stake for us to be consumed with these issues."

That was new Trump. Very new Trump.

more with video
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-from-donald-trump-a-stunning-admission-and-a-new-direction/article/2599711
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Byron York: From Donald Trump, a stunning admission and a new direction
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 09:29:21 pm »
A new direction?

8-ball says: doubtful

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 09:30:41 pm »

Fox NewsVerified account
‏@FoxNews
.@realDonaldTrump: "At the end of 4 years, I guarantee you, that I will get over 95% of the African American vote."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 09:32:12 pm »
Fox NewsVerified account
‏@FoxNews
.@realDonaldTrump: "At the end of 4 years, I guarantee you, that I will get over 95% of the African American vote."

No way. Gots ta be parody.  :chairbang: