Author Topic: Hillary Told FBI That Colin Powell Recommended She Use Personal Email  (Read 1139 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hillary Told FBI That Colin Powell Recommended She Use Personal Email

Posted By Chuck Ross On 11:32 PM 08/18/2016

Hillary Clinton told FBI investigators last month that Gen. Colin Powell, her predecessor as secretary of state, suggested that she use a personal email account for State Department business.

The New York Times also reported that Clinton asked Powell about his email practices in a 2009 email exchange.

A person with knowledge of the contents of notes taken during Clinton’s three-and-a-half interview with the FBI shared the information with The Times. The FBI gave those notes, which are known as 302s, to Congress earlier this week. They have not been made public, though Clinton’s campaign has expressed concern that they will be.

The Clinton/Powell email exchange is not among the documents that Clinton gave to the State Departmet in 2014. That despite Clinton’s claim that she gave the agency all of her work-related emails.

Clinton has not publicly named Powell as the person who recommended that she use a personal email account for State Department business. She has, however, pointed to his use of a personal email account in order to provide cover for her own email habits — habits which FBI director James Comey has called “extremely careless.”

Clinton did suggest late last month that someone did recommend to her that she use personal email even while in office.

“It was recommended that it would be convenient, and I thought it would be. It’s turned out to be anything but,” she said during a “60 Minutes” interview.

Powell was also interviewed by the FBI as part of its investigation into whether classified information was mishandled through Clinton’s private email setup.

The Times’ article has a separate confirmation of Clinton’s claims about her email discussion with Powell.

That confirmation comes from Joe Conason, a liberal reporter who has long defended Clinton. Conason is set to publish a pro-Clinton book next month.

According to The Times, which received an advance copy of the work:

Mr. Conason describes a conversation in the early months of Mrs. Clinton’s tenure at the State Department at a small dinner party hosted by Madeleine Albright, another former secretary of state, at her home in Washington. Henry Kissinger and Condoleezza Rice also attended.

“Toward the end of the evening, over dessert, Albright asked all of the former secretaries to offer one salient bit of counsel to the nation’s next top diplomat,” Mr. Conason writes. “Powell told her to use her own email, as he had done, except for classified communications, which he had sent and received via a State Department computer.”

According to Consaon, Powell’s comments reinforced a decision Clinton had made months earlier to continue to use her personal email account.

Clinton went several steps beyond Powell’s suggestion, however. She hired Bryan Pagliano, a staffer on her presidential campaign, to set up and manage a private email server which she ran out of the basement of her New York residence.

State Department officials who handled cyber security and diplomatic security issues were not aware of Clinton’s use of the technologically-primitive setup for years into her tenure.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/18/hillary-told-fbi-that-colin-powell-recommended-she-use-personal-email/?print=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Hillary Told FBI That Colin Powell Recommended She Use Personal Email
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 02:47:44 pm »
"Everybody does it!"

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 04:18:29 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/colin-powell-clinton-email-book-227200

Powell has 'no recollection' of Clinton email dinner conversation

By Nick Gass

08/19/16 11:54 AM EDT

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell "has no recollection of the dinner conversation" recounted by Hillary Clinton to FBI agents, as documented by journalist Joe Conason in a forthcoming book.

Conason's anecdote, reported Thursday night by The New York Times, recounts a small dinner party at Clinton's Georgetown home toward the beginning of her time as secretary of state, with former secretaries Madeleine Albright, Henry Kissinger and Condoleezza Rice also in attendance. During that dinner, Conason reports, Albright asked the former secretaries to impart advice to Clinton.

“Powell told her to use her own email, as he had done, except for classified communications, which he had sent and received via a State Department computer," Conason wrote in his book "Man of the World: The Further Endeavors of Bill Clinton,” of which the Times said it acquired an advance copy. Powell, according to Conason's account, told Clinton that "his use of personal email had been transformative for the department" and “thus confirmed a decision [Clinton] had made months earlier — to keep her personal account and use it for most messages.”

A spokeswoman for Powell's office issued a statement following the Time's story: "General Powell has no recollection of the dinner conversation. He did write former Secretary Clinton an email memo describing his use of his personal AOL email account for unclassified messages and how it vastly improved communications within the State Department."

"At the time there was no equivalent system within the Department. He used a secure State computer on his desk to manage classified information," the statement continued. "The General no longer has the email he sent to former Secretary Clinton. It may exist in State or FBI files."

A spokeswoman for Powell referred to a chapter of his 2012 book "It Worked For Me--In Life and Leadership" for further details about Powell's use of personal email. Unlike Clinton, Powell did not use outside contractors or a personal server in his home.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 04:27:56 pm »
Ah, and because Colin Powell is celebrated, special and infallible, that excuses the whole matter, eh?  Hillary's probably lying her claws off about this anyway.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:29:30 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 04:44:53 pm »
The Easter Bunny told me to do insider trading, which I did and made a mint. Then the Bunny told me to send the money to Belize and to store it in the form of gold in an offshore account.

But, according to the 'Hillary Doctrine', because I had no "intent" to break the law, I did not know any of this was illegal, and it cannot be proven that I knew it was against the law and intentionally broke the law with the specific intent to intentionally break the law, according to the FBI, it is impossible to prove that I did anything wrong.

No really. This is not the joke that it seems to be. This is real reality. This is actually what the FBI is saying about Hillary Clinton.

When you add to all of this laughable 'legalese' that the Easter Bunny cannot be contacted to verify the intent, then the case is closed. That's it. There is nothing they can do about it, according to the FBI. I am home free!

I might have to pay a few judges and government officials, but who cares. It is the price of business in America these days.

You gotta love American ... "Law". LOL Welcome to 'America should be like the rest of the world' everyone. We made it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:49:00 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 05:01:05 pm »
"It's OK for me to break the law because......Colin Powell".
Countdown to Resignation

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 06:07:41 pm »
Someone told me to do insider trading, which I did.
Someone told me to send the money to Belize and to store it in the form of gold in an offshore account.
I had no "intent" to break the law.
I did not know any of this was illegal.
It cannot be proven that I knew it was against the law and intentionally broke the law with the specific intent to intentionally break the law.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. There is my testimony "if" anyone (who I can't bribe to hush it up) ever bothers to check into it. If this load of bullshit will work as 'testifying before Congress', I can't see why it would not work for me. Apparently, the FBI is cool with it. They have shown up the way. So, who am I to argue.

You gotta love America, baby! yeah!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 06:11:02 pm »
Well if Hillary said that's what happen then I believe her. She never lies
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline r9etb

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 06:13:14 pm »
“Powell told her to use her own email, as he had done, except for classified communications, which he had sent and received via a State Department computer," Conason wrote in his book "Man of the World:

Clinton's answer to her mother: "Of course I'd jump off a cliff if everybody else was doing it."

Offline Axel

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 06:26:41 pm »
I can't say I'm surprised. When has Clinton ever taken responsibility for anything she did? Where are the armchair psychologists to analyze her compulsive lying?

Oh well. What difference does it make anyway?
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election