Author Topic: Poll: Texas Republicans prefer Donald Trump and Rick Perry to Ted Cruz  (Read 4055 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Poll: Texas Republicans prefer Donald Trump and Rick Perry to Ted Cruz
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 09:30:13 am »
What else can tRumpbots do when mean Ol Ted haunts em night and day?

That's funny you say that. #NeverTrump is famously obsessed with Trump 24/7, posting non-stop bile. He's the only subject two-dozen of you antiTrumpsters ever talk about.

You think we're obsessed with Ted Cruz?  :silly:  He's a non-issue; he lost, his political future is in doubt. Not many Trump supporters ever think about defeaTED, much less are haunted by him. He's what was.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 09:49:22 am »
Trump and Perry will be distant memories in 2018 when Ted Cruz easily wins re-election

I see Ted Cruz is the keynote speaker at the Texas Tribune Festival.

https://www.texastribune.org/festival/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1471557391

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 01:59:24 pm »
This is the politics section and maybe some people are interested in Rick Perry, former governor of Texas.

Maybe instead of griping here, if someone feels we can't post this, they should petition the moderator to shut it down.

We already have to read the most vile comments regularly from so-called Republicans, so-called Conservatives and Ted Crude supporters.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:59:54 pm by TomSea »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 02:06:44 pm »
The Trumpers just can't quit Cruz, can they...

Cruz isn't going anywhere - he will continue being the loudest voice for authentic conservatism in the Senate.

It will be funny to watch some of these pro-Trump brainstems continue to badmouth the most prominent representative for issues conservatives are suppose to care most about. Cognitive dissonance defined.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2016, 02:09:47 pm »
Cruz isn't going anywhere - he will continue being the loudest voice for authentic conservatism in the Senate.

It will be funny to watch some of these pro-Trump brainstems continue to badmouth the most prominent representative for issues conservatives are suppose to care most about. Cognitive dissonance defined.

Yup, Ted Cruz is in demand for conservative endorsements while Trumpers are butt kissing the establishment and trying to destroy Ted Cruz.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2016, 02:40:14 pm »
That's funny you say that. #NeverTrump is famously obsessed with Trump 24/7, posting non-stop bile. He's the only subject two-dozen of you antiTrumpsters ever talk about.

You think we're obsessed with Ted Cruz?  :silly:  He's a non-issue; he lost, his political future is in doubt. Not many Trump supporters ever think about defeaTED, much less are haunted by him. He's what was.
Then why are threads like this still being posted if he's so irrelevant?

Trump, last we checked, is still running for President.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2016, 03:05:06 pm »
Then why are threads like this still being posted if he's so irrelevant?

Trump, last we checked, is still running for President.

Ted lives Rent free in the heads of the Trumpanzee crowd.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2016, 03:12:39 pm »
If Trump wins the chances are Rick Perry will go to work in a Trump administration.

If Trump loses, Perry just might want to take Ted Cruz on for his Senate seat.

It behooves Cruz to support Trump now in order to remove Perry as an opponent in 2018.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2016, 03:21:05 pm »
If Trump wins the chances are Rick Perry will go to work in a Trump administration.

It behooves Cruz to support Trump now in order to remove Perry as an opponent in 2018.

If Cruz endorses Trump without a clear apology for Trump's slander then in a way it would validate Trump's tactics.

Cruz is much better served staying far away from Trump. It won't hurt him in the least.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2016, 03:54:11 pm »

Snicker.

Perry can't remember the three things he needed to do this morning. And one of them was got to the bathroom.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2016, 05:12:14 pm »
If Cruz endorses Trump without a clear apology for Trump's slander then in a way it would validate Trump's tactics. Cruz is much better served staying far away from Trump. It won't hurt him in the least.

There's a mile of road between support and endorsement, Cruz just needs to give some sign he supports Trump's effort to stop Clinton.

He doesn't need to do much and it will become telling if he won't even take one step in Trump's direction.

-btw I agree the two should keep their distance.

Offline bilo

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2016, 05:24:12 pm »
The Trumpers just can't quit Cruz, can they...

It's just one more reason why I will never vote for Trump. Sen Cruz is one of the few Pubs who has fought for me since he was elected. Why would I vote for a vindictive little man for POTUS, who if elected would go out of his way to destroy one of the few Pubs who fights for me?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2016, 05:28:32 pm »
There's a mile of road between support and endorsement, Cruz just needs to give some sign he supports Trump's effort to stop Clinton.

He doesn't need to do much and it will become telling if he won't even take one step in Trump's direction.

-btw I agree the two should keep their distance.

Its important to Trump that the distance between the two be shortened but it is not Cruz who needs to take the first step. Trump's ego notwithstanding, it is not Cruz's move to make.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:31:22 pm by skeeter »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2016, 05:39:44 pm »

If Cruz is such a non issue why do sTrumpettes spend so much time searching out negative articles to attack him instead spending all their time attacking Clinton? Me thinks you protest too much.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2016, 05:45:07 pm »
If Cruz is such a non issue why do sTrumpettes spend so much time searching out negative articles to attack him instead spending all their time attacking Clinton? Me thinks you protest too much.

Historically the GOP POTUS candidate gets 89-94% of party base.  Trump is stuck on 80%.  I guess posting anti-Cruz articles is a way the orange cult thinks they can get back at us 20% who realize that Trump is liberal Trojan Horse, and we won't be duped like they are.

Let them keep flailing away.  It's kind of funny.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2016, 05:46:51 pm »

hahaha

Threats aren't going to work. Trump is an anti-conservative as it is possible to get, he and his supporters prove it every day

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2016, 06:43:11 pm »
Perhaps the voters want to vote their conscience!

What do the polls say about Hillary v Trump in Texas?  Shouldn't we be focusing on THAT instead of continuing this obsession with Cruz?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline beandog

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2016, 08:06:28 pm »
Since tRump supporters don't appear to have a conscience, I doubt it's that.

Silver Pines

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2016, 09:00:30 pm »

@TomSea

Tom, I'm sorry, but Cruz still isn't going to bend his knee to Trump.   You're going to have to accustom yourself to that.

Silver Pines

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2016, 09:01:53 pm »

@GHawk
@aligncare

For one simple reason: he refused to bend his knee to Trump, and it continues to eat them alive.