Author Topic: New York Times' Dire Warning About Polling Accuracy  (Read 397 times)

Offline unknown

New York Times' Dire Warning About Polling Accuracy
« on: August 18, 2016, 12:21:59 am »

New York Times' Dire Warning About Polling Accuracy
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-17/new-york-times-dire-warning-about-polling-accuracy

Tyler Durden
Aug 17, 2016 5:20 PM

As I demonstrated in yesterday’s article, How Bloomberg Spun its Own Poll Data to Make Hillary Clinton Seem Inevitable, the media is intentionally spinning poll results at best, and completely fabricating them at worst.

While that’s bad enough, there are also some deep, fundamental problems which plague any attempts to conduct accurate polling in 2016. Cliff Zukin, professor of public policy and political science at Rutgers University and a past president of the American Association for Public Opinion Research, wrote about many of these issues in a 2015 New York Times opinion piece titled, What’s the Matter With Polling?

Here are a few excerpts:

{.. snip ..}

Combine all of the above with blatant mainstream media bias and you end up with zero confidence in polling.

It’s going to be an interesting couple of months.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline sinkspur

Re: New York Times' Dire Warning About Polling Accuracy
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 12:25:36 am »
So all of Trump's primary polls were right (and they mostly were), but the general election polls are wrong.

Keep telling yourself that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.