Author Topic: Donald Trump’s hire of Breitbart News chief is a middle finger to the GOP establishment  (Read 465 times)

Offline unknown

Donald Trump’s hire of Breitbart News chief is a middle finger to the GOP establishment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/17/donald-trumps-hire-of-the-breitbart-news-chief-is-a-middle-finger-to-the-gop-establishment/

Aaron Blake
August 17

Donald Trump has assured us many times in recent days that he isn't going to change his approach to the 2016 election. "I don’t want to change," he told WKBT-TV in Wisconsin on Tuesday. "Everyone talks about, ‘Oh, well you’re going to pivot.’ I don’t want to pivot."

And if there's anything that could symbolize that resolve, it's his decision to bring the head of Breitbart News on board as campaign CEO.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline sinkspur

Trump tweets anti-bigotry pledge yesterday:

Hires head of Breitbart today who thinks this of Bill Kristol:

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:24:56 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Nuthin says finger to the establishment like running with Priebus and endorsing Ryan, McCain, and Ayotte etc.

Offline livius

"Hires head of Breitbart today who thinks this of Bill Kristol....(renegade Jew comment)."

Embarrassing is not the word. Breitbart himself, I always felt, was not a bigot. The guy who took over after Breitbart's death is not the same. And the site is totally Trump, 24/7/365, which I don't think it would have been if Breitbart were still with us.

geronl

Trump has already embraced the GOP establishment, he has endorsed Ryan and McConnell, he has endorsed Ayotte (32% Liberty Score) and has endorsed John McCain for re-election. Interestingly enough Ryan and McCain's primary opponents were full-blooded Trumpers too.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Trump tweets anti-bigotry pledge yesterday:

Hires head of Breitbart today who thinks this of Bill Kristol:

Trump didn't write that tweet. It has complete sentences, words of more than two syllables and everything is spelled correctly.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump didn't write that tweet. It has complete sentences, words of more than two syllables and everything is spelled correctly.
Trump will tell you, they write "good."