Author Topic: Iran Forces Kill IS-linked Fighters Near Iraq Border, Tehran Says  (Read 340 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The other day it was in the news that Iran may well have as many as 100,000 fighters in Iraq. They are not all Iranians, they may be Afghanis, etc. but they are fighting for that side.

Iran Forces Kill IS-linked Fighters Near Iraq Border, Tehran Says

Iranian forces killed three men allegedly linked to the Islamic State group Tuesday in a border town near Iraq, Iranian media reported.

The men were reportedly found hiding in a house in Kermanshah province, about 60 miles from the Iraqi border. Iranian forces also arrested six men accused of sympathizing with IS and seized belts armed with explosives and a weapons cache, Kermanshah province Governor Asadollah Razani was quoted as saying by state news agency IRNA.

Iranian Intelligence Minister Seyed Mahmoud Alavi told Iranian media that forces had killed an “instrumental” IS member and had prevented an IS cell from infiltrating from Iraq.

Read More At: http://www.voanews.com/a/iran-forces-kill-islamic-state-linked-fighters-near-iraq-border-tehran-says/3467954.html

I admit I don't understand Iran totally, they do not seem to be nearly as menacing as ISIS, etc.

For some reason, they've had it in for Israel though for decades and have committed and are backing up terrorism against Israel, funnelling arms to Hamas and Hezbollah through Syria, this is the "Shia Crescent".

So they are causing trouble or have done so in Israel and indeed Lebanon too; I thoroughly disagree with that. They just don't seem as bad though otherwise. Some people say they are the greatest terrorist threat. Maybe those people are right.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 03:58:19 pm by TomSea »