Author Topic: Trump makes a direct appeal to black voters: 'I am running to offer you a better future'  (Read 1211 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump makes a direct appeal to black voters: 'I am running to offer you a better future'
By Gabby Morrongiello (@gabriellahope_) • 8/16/16 10:37 PM

Donald Trump made a direct appeal to African-American voters in a major speech Tuesday night, claiming he will not "take advantage" of the black community like the Democratic Party has.

In remarks that were intended to focus on the violent unrest in Milwaukee, the Republican presidential nominee vowed to restore law, order and peace to inner city communities and poverty-stricken towns across America.

"The main victims of these riots are the law-abiding African Americans living in these neighborhoods," Trump told supporters in the Milwaukee suburb of West Bend, Wis. "It is the first duty of government to keep the innocent safe and when I am president I will fight for the safety of each American and especially those Americans who have not known safety for a very, very long time."

"I am asking for the vote of every African-American citizen struggling in our country today who wants a different and better future," he later added. "To every voter in Milwaukee, to every voter living in the inner city, I am running to offer you a much better future, a much better job and a much higher wage."

Trump charged Democratic politicians with enacting policies that have decimated the black community, while continuing to seek its support.

"The Democratic party has taken the votes of African Americans for granted. They just assume they'll get your support and do nothing in exchange for it," he claimed, adding to rousing applause that "it's time to give the Democrats some competition for these votes."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-makes-a-direct-appeal-to-black-voters/article/2599513
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline dfwgator

This is the kind of speech Trump needed to make a long time ago.

Oceander

We shall see.

geronl

Wingnut

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:17:23 am by Wingnut »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I wonder if he checked with his African American before making this speech.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ArneFufkin

:laugh:

Offline bilo

"The Democratic party has taken the votes of African Americans for granted. They just assume they'll get your support and do nothing in exchange for it," he claimed, adding to rousing applause that "it's time to give the Democrats some competition for these votes."

Conservatives have been doing the same thing for too many years. We supported the Pub candidates even if they weren't close to what we wanted and have seen nothing for it. In fact throughout the process the relentless march of the progressives has advanced. It's time to try something new, like only voting for a conservative nominee.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Wingnut

It was a lukewarm response.

Offline Axel

Trump is completely right about the Democrats use/abuse of minorities. That said, the Democrats have created a culture of dependency that will make it hard for minorities to break from their slave holders. The full scale of their abuse has become painfully obvious since the Democrats have become the champions of illegal immigrants, who directly compete with black americans for jobs. I'm not sure if Trump can peel those voters away from the Democratic Party, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happens sooner rather than later.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline RedHead

It wouldn't have been any less sincere then than is was now.