Author Topic: This Man Is the Most Dangerous Political Operative in America  (Read 8420 times)

geronl

Re: This Man Is the Most Dangerous Political Operative in America
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2016, 06:14:08 pm »
Cheer up sink. I am not desperate in the least. Matter of fact, I am quite happy to not be helping to pave Clinton's road to the WH.

Bannon is paving that road now.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2016, 06:28:44 pm »
@skeeter
@guitar4jesus

A lot of puzzle pieces are coming together. As pixels morph into more definition, the big picture emerges slowly. We're in worse trouble than I originally feared.

The one silver lining this very dark cloud could produce is God's stepping in and untangling the mess we've created. Contingent upon that, however, is our allowing Him to do so, in which case we'd have to let go of our limited ability to rationalize how we're going to save the world and allow Him to move. What do you suppose the chances of that are? (<--rhetorical question)

Hmmmm.

I gotta say, that is a new one on me. "We" are going to allow God.....???

All righty then.

Wingnut

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2016, 06:38:10 pm »
On the contrary, I think Mr. Trump has found his True Believer, the one man who will follow him right down into the bunker er, uh, right through to the end.  But I suspect that unlike another historical figure, after it's all done Mr. Bannon will walk away, and on to his next endeavor.  10294

Least he could do if he won't bite the pill...is fall on his sword.  Dying Devotion to the King of orange is demanded.  I think it is right above Trumps nondisclosure agreement in his employment contract.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2016, 07:05:28 pm »
@skeeter
@guitar4jesus

A lot of puzzle pieces are coming together. As pixels morph into more definition, the big picture emerges slowly. We're in worse trouble than I originally feared.

The one silver lining this very dark cloud could produce is God's stepping in and untangling the mess we've created. Contingent upon that, however, is our allowing Him to do so, in which case we'd have to let go of our limited ability to rationalize how we're going to save the world and allow Him to move. What do you suppose the chances of that are? (<--rhetorical question)

I still think Trump is a stalking horse and this apparent convergence of Trump, Ailes and now Bannon certainly sounds like the making of a new media network/empire that may have been the original intent.

Yes, God's will be done.  It is often hard to watch things play themselves out but ultimately we trust Him. 

In the mean time I'll keep trying to find as much humor in this monstrosity as I can.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2016, 08:10:40 pm »
Cheer up sink. I am not desperate in the least. Matter of fact, I am quite happy to not be helping to pave Clinton's road to the WH.

You keep right on doing what you're doing.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 08:16:38 pm »

That makes two of us. I'm not helping her either.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 08:17:07 pm »
Jay Cost ‏@JayCostTWS  57m57 minutes ago

Have to admit, I enjoy the fact that Paul Manafort is eating sh*t today.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2016, 08:24:56 pm »

Yes you are.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2016, 08:41:01 pm »
I thought 240B framed perfectly the paradox that is NeverTrump:

"Just to be very, very, clear, I DO NOT WANT HILLARY TO WIN!. But, I do want Trump to lose because he is not a real conservative. So, if Hillary has to win, to keep a person who is not conservative out of the W.H., then that is what we have to do. It is the only thing that makes any sense."

:silly:

Thank you for that gem, @240B! I'm sure the irony of that is lost on sinkspur et al.

(Shhhh. They hate Donald Trump, Don'tcha know?)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:42:39 pm by aligncare »

Silver Pines

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2016, 09:03:15 pm »
Yep, those polls numbers all over the country, in almost every state....they're all the fault of NeverTrump!  We did that, lol.

Offline jedidah

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2016, 10:08:38 pm »

How do you think this will be a game changer? 

After reading the entire article, it's hard not to wonder what Bannon has on Hillary.  He's running an investigative organization that gathers verifiable dirt and feeds it to major media.  He was behind "Clinton Cash."

I have no idea what to think, but it should be fun to watch.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 10:09:19 pm by jedidah »

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2016, 10:44:49 pm »
For perspective.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8441/i-know-trumps-new-campaign-chairman-steve-bannon-ben-shapiro

First hand experience, Ben would know.  Bannon's just another guy with no campaign experience trying to tag along to see what he can get out of it for himself.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2016, 10:49:10 pm »
Yes you are.
Ah, Bellamy, for cryin' out loud. That's the the stinking, most awful, stupid joke and you're always pullin' that stinking awful stupid joke. You don't want in this thing, you don't get in this thing. I cut you out of everything. I don't need you. Sixty feet of bridge I can get almost anywhere. Schmuck!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2016, 11:38:54 pm »
Is this the same Trump who recently had his delegates vote in lockstep with every single rules change the RNC put forward at the GOP Convention?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2016, 11:44:43 pm »

Yes you are.

No, Trump is.  Any campaign against Hillary Clinton should easily be a slam dunk.  Yet Trump commits unforced error after unforced error after unforced error.  Trump is literally driving voters away every time he opens his mouth.  Trump is the best campaign commercial the Hillary camp could have ever created.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:46:28 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2016, 12:17:14 pm »
Yep, those polls numbers all over the country, in almost every state....they're all the fault of NeverTrump!  We did that, lol.

As you say with glee....

Oceander

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2016, 12:24:14 pm »
I thought 240B framed perfectly the paradox that is NeverTrump:

"Just to be very, very, clear, I DO NOT WANT HILLARY TO WIN!. But, I do want Trump to lose because he is not a real conservative. So, if Hillary has to win, to keep a person who is not conservative out of the W.H., then that is what we have to do. It is the only thing that makes any sense."

:silly:

Thank you for that gem, @240B! I'm sure the irony of that is lost on sinkspur et al.

(Shhhh. They hate Donald Trump, Don'tcha know?)

So now you're tarring and feathering anyone and everyone who does not support Trump, including people who will, and have always, voted for a third party.  Somebody who votes third party because they cannot stand either the GOP or the DNC candidate is not "really" wishing for Clinton to win.  That is a logical fallacy that has been laid bare many times before; too bad you haven't the sense God gave you to use your brains instead of your fear, spite, and hatred.  Mr. alt-right.

Boy, it must be nice having such a black-and-white view of the world; no ambiguities - or realities - to deal with; just your own omphalos. 

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2016, 12:32:40 pm »
So now you're tarring and feathering anyone and everyone who does not support Trump, including people who will, and have always, voted for a third party.  Somebody who votes third party because they cannot stand either the GOP or the DNC candidate is not "really" wishing for Clinton to win.  That is a logical fallacy that has been laid bare many times before; too bad you haven't the sense God gave you to use your brains instead of your fear, spite, and hatred.  Mr. alt-right.

Boy, it must be nice having such a black-and-white view of the world; no ambiguities - or realities - to deal with; just your own omphalos.

"fear, spite, and hatred" sounds suspiciously like the Never's narrative.

"Trump is going to start a nuclear war"

"People who vote for Trump are siding with morons"

"Trump is the most evil candidate ever"

Listen to yourselves! You have no room to talk.

Silver Pines

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2016, 01:02:43 pm »
As you say with glee....

@wolfcreek

Are NeverTrump people to blame for them or not?

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2016, 01:12:36 pm »
@wolfcreek

Are NeverTrump people to blame for them or not?

Were' they polled?

Silver Pines

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2016, 01:18:11 pm »
Were' they polled?

Are NeverTrumpers responsible for the polling results in all of these states?

What do you think?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2016, 03:21:06 pm »
No, no you got it all wrong. It is all my fault. Everything. Earthquakes, hurricanes, smog. Everything. Just heave me into the volcano and be done with it.  :smokin:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2016, 03:33:53 pm »
No, no you got it all wrong. It is all my fault. Everything. Earthquakes, hurricanes, smog. Everything. Just heave me into the volcano and be done with it.  :smokin:

Are you a virgin.  Will the white dress fit you?  If so, we are set!  Alll Our troubles will be over!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:34:21 pm by Wingnut »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2016, 03:37:42 pm »
This Man Is the Most Dangerous Political Operative in America

There's already a section for Rush Limbaugh.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2016, 03:39:00 pm »

Nope - Can't get  permit. Sooorreee.