Author Topic: ‘New Nationalism’ Amounts to Generic White-Identity Politics...By Jonah Goldberg  (Read 15595 times)

HonestJohn

Unfortunately that thinking combined with the naivete of believing that everyone who wants to come here wants to be an "American"  has gotten us into a big hole.

It made us the best and most powerful nation on the planet, too.  We could never have become as strong as we are without it.  Look at your own families. 

How many of them started from immigrants?

HonestJohn

Somebody want to explain to me why it's just peachy keen for Jews to have Jewish-Identity Politics,blacks to have Black-Identity Politics,His and Her-Panics to have His and Her-Panics to have His and Her-Panic Identity Politics,Muslims to have Muslim-Identity Politics,fundie Christians to have Fundie Christian-Identity Politics,unions to have Labor-Identity Politics,homosexuals to have Homosexual-Identity Politics,etc,etc,etc,but the instant two white guys get together and agree on what is best for them,suddenly Identity Polics equals "Nazism and KKK Identity Politics"?

And some of you still wonder why white people are pissed???????

Most of those politics involves demands for goods/services/whatever that are enjoyed by the majority.

White identity politcs involves *KEEPING* that away from everyone else.

When that changes to just asking for the same as the majority, then views may change.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I sure haven't seen a large "white nationalist" movement with Trump any more than Black Lives Matter supports the Democrats or say, someone like Occupy Wall street.

No one is as anti-immigration, especially illegal immigration as the Constitution Party, just saying.

One  may not be arguing consistent points if the Constitution Party is whom they support.

Goldberg really throws out anything against Trump he can, he's cutting off the branch while, he Goldberg is sitting on it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:17:04 pm by TomSea »

Online roamer_1

You should be. Every evil that has happened in the last 1,000 years or so is being laid at the feet of your ancestors,and everybody else is their victims,and you owe them.

Let them come get it then.

Agreed,but being a conservative IN AMERICA means you are a classic liberal. That is an honorable term that has been successfully stolen by the fascist left to hide their true nature. We can't blame them for doing what they do any more than we can blame a snake for biting us,but we can damn sure blame our fellow conservatives for allowing the fascist left to get away with it unchallenged.

Who is leaving it unchallenged? Not Conservatives.

ANY time you allow the enemy to control the dialogue you have surrendered control to them,and they WILL win the argument and the support of the non-thinking public.

Don't look at me - It ain't me hiring these simpering spineless Republicans, who are supposed to be my voice. I have said over and over: Liberalism does not win by merit - it wins because there is no opposition.

Which means you need to stand up on your hind feet and scream "FOUL!" as loudly as you can anytime someone else starts playing THEIR special interest identity game while screaming "racist" or "bigot" at you for being white or preferring to associate with your fellow white people,people who share your political views,people who share your religious views,sexual orientation,etc,etc,etc.

I just did stand up and cry foul.

If it's ok,and even a POSITIVE thing for everyone else,WHY is it evil for you?

That's the point - it isn't a positive thing for anyone.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:25:43 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Wow, just wow.

I hope this forum lives up to being a "Conservative Forum", not Democratic Underground 2.0.

And listening to Mark Levin last night , for his fans, I think he might peek in at this forum.

Oh, Mark Levin, shows himself with an American flag. Unfortunately, it seems that's a bad thing to some.

Maybe if you thought harder about the difference between nationalism and patriotism instead of deliberating confusing the two you would get it. 

Are you loyal to a piece of cloth or an idea?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:53:19 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Barcelona Catalonia, voted to leave Spain, not a binding vote, but they are proud of their own nation, heritage and believe they are entitled to their own country.

But, no, anti-diversity is something that makes one like a fascist, unbelievable. The hate really is from the other side.

These very bad people.  Where are their white hoods?
So you think being a nationalist in America is the same as these other countries?

You like pictures go watch Triumph of the Will. Lots of nationalism, lots of flags, right up your ally.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline dfwgator

So you think being a nationalist in America is the same as these other countries?

You like pictures go watch Triumph of the Will. Lots of nationalism, lots of flags, right up your ally.
A key tenet of Nationalism is respecting the borders, language and culture of other nations,  the Nazis clearly did not adhere to that.

Offline dfwgator

It made us the best and most powerful nation on the planet, too.  We could never have become as strong as we are without it.  Look at your own families. 

They came here because they wanted to be Americans,  not to just come for an easy payday or to try to remake the country in their own image.

Offline dfwgator

Point taken.

But there's a big difference between now and then.   Back then people that came here understood that nobody was going to take care of them, they had to earn their way.  Now with this Leviathan of a Welfare State that we have, the people coming here expect the taxpayer to take care of them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well now, it is not just the democrat side, screaming racism. It is the phony "conservatives" of the type we hear from on this site. The ones that hold the democrat/liberal position on most issues, but still claim to be "Republicans."

The type that knee-jerk say they can support Gary Johnson, until you list all of his liberal positions. Their ultimate master is the open borders cheap labor express, as dictated by the huge business interests and their lobbies.

In reality they are white-guilt ridden liberal do-gooders. They are descended from the John Anderson wing of the party, NOT from Goldwater-Reagan.

@=truth_seeker

Can't argue with you there. Unfortunately,those are the very people that took over control of the Republican Party the instant Reagan left. America had one more brief bright moment after Newt and the others took back control of Congress,but enough Dims defected from the Dim Party and "became" Republicans  that they were finally able to nullify all the good done,and boot out almost all of the actual conservatives by keeping them off of powerful committees,not backing their runs for re-election,etc,etc,etc.

The party of Goldwater and Reagan is dead,and it was killed by assassins from within.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
lol, Trump isn't interested in things like Constitutional government.

@geronl

Trump isn't interested in anything but Trump,and never will be.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Most of those politics involves demands for goods/services/whatever that are enjoyed by the majority.

White identity politcs involves *KEEPING* that away from everyone else.

@HonestJohn

HorseHillary!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

A key tenet of Nationalism is respecting the borders, language and culture of other nations,  the Nazis clearly did not adhere to that.
That depends on what is best for the nation in question. They were convinced they needed more living space for the good of their nation.

Offline TomSea

The libertarian talk earlier made me think of Rand Paul. Sometimes one just has to go with the cards dealt; I'd be cheering on a Ron Paul or Ted Cruz all the way. Love Marco Rubio but read his foreign policy outlook, a bit hawkish.  Cruz's pro-Israel attitude is a bit strong for me, they are our ally and I support them but we shouldn't get carried away either.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:05:41 pm by TomSea »

Oceander

I'm sorry I couldn't make that out. The white hood muffles everything.

:thumbsup:

HonestJohn

Maybe if you thought harder about the difference between nationalism and patriotism instead of deliberating confusing the two you would get it. 

Trump supporters are *VERY* vocal that America is a bloodline and a piece of land, *NOT* an ideal enshrined by our Founding Fathers within the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and our Bill of Rights.

And that is a fundamental betrayal of America itself.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:36:25 pm by HonestJohn »

Oceander

:thumbsup:

Offline TomSea

Trump is pro-American, black, white, brown.

The Democrats are doing the blacks no favor if at this point, blacks are 12-13% of the population, DNC wants to legalize and possibly give citizenship to 11 million or however many, possibly many more, illegals mainly from Latin America, with that, obviously, the black percentage of the population will shrink even more behind Hispanics.

Democrats, real friends of the Black community.

Oceander

The Democrats are doing the blacks no favor if at this point, blacks are 12-13% of the population, DNC wants to legalize and possibly give citizenship to 11 million or however many, possibly many more, illegals mainly from Latin America, with that, obviously, the black percentage of the population will shrink even more behind Hispanics.

No, Trump is pro-Trump; always has been, always will be.  The room under his bus will be just as capacious as Obama's bus.

HonestJohn

Nice... except Trump's own words proclaim that anyone brown is not American and can never be American.  No matter how many generations have passed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:03:37 am by HonestJohn »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
sneakypete wrote:
"Somebody want to explain to me why it's just peachy keen for Jews to have Jewish-Identity Politics,blacks to have Black-Identity Politics,His and Her-Panics to have His and Her-Panics to have His and Her-Panic Identity Politics,Muslims to have Muslim-Identity Politics,fundie Christians to have Fundie Christian-Identity Politics,unions to have Labor-Identity Politics,homosexuals to have Homosexual-Identity Politics,etc,etc,etc,but the instant two white guys get together and agree on what is best for them,suddenly Identity Polics equals "Nazism and KKK Identity Politics"?
And some of you still wonder why white people are pissed???????"

Thanks Pete for saying it more eloquently than I could.

I find it simply amazin' how much leftism and globalism has crept into the worldview of those who would otherwise call themselves "conservative".

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Trump supporters are *VERY* vocal that America is a bloodline and a piece of land, *NOT* an ideal enshrined by our Founding Fathers within the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and our Bill of Rights.

And that is a fundamental betrayal of America itself.

Apparently Republican Eisenhower missed your memo, when he deported folks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

And democrat FDR missed it too, when he interned folks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_Japanese_Americans

Japanese in some but not all regions, some Germans and some Italians.

Real history fails to match the fairy tale ideals of white-guilt phony do-gooders.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HonestJohn

Apparently Republican Eisenhower missed your memo, when he deported folks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

And democrat FDR missed it too, when he interned folks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_Japanese_Americans

Japanese in some but not all regions, some Germans and some Italians.

Real history fails to match the fairy tale ideals of white-guilt phony do-gooders.

Pointing to others and saying, "But they did it, too!"... never flew in my house.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Pointing to others and saying, "But they did it, too!"... never flew in my house.

@HonestJohn

So,you think Eisenhower was wrong to deport illegal aliens and that King Franklin was wrong to lock away enemy nationals during a time of war?

"We iz da wurld.........

We iz da peep-pulls........"

Oceander

@HonestJohn

So,you think Eisenhower was wrong to deport illegal aliens and that King Franklin was wrong to lock away enemy nationals during a time of war?

"We iz da wurld.........

We iz da peep-pulls........"

Time of declared war is a rather different context, and not applicable to peacetime.