Author Topic: ‘New Nationalism’ Amounts to Generic White-Identity Politics...By Jonah Goldberg  (Read 15598 times)

Offline dfwgator

I can tell you right now that the 1.5 million Syrian refugees in Lebanon would go back home *TODAY* if they could. 

The 1.26 million Syrian refugees in Jordan would do the same.  Also, the 2.7 million refugees in Turkey would agree with the compatriots in Lebanon and Jordan.

There are other nations hosting refugees as well... and I'd hazard that, no matter where, the Syrian refugees would like to live in their own land.

(Furthermore, these refugees listed above are living in a country where they don't have to learn a new language or deal with foreign customs.)
Here's the deal.  We Americans are a generous people,  some would say too generous.  Once we let someone in this country, we aren't going to let them suffer like I'm sure they are in Lebanon,  because as Obama would say, "That's not who we are."

And there's the rub, we make it too good for them that they won't want to leave even if things improve there.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The Islamic terrorists have openly stated their intention to infiltrate their members, in with refugees.

Each one of those intends to do what the San Benardino wife did, which was to kill 14 innocent Americans, or more.

So let us consider the odds. On one hand, we refuse entry to any of them, so nobody gets through, or we subject ourselves to a number of dead Americans, to give us the warm fuzzies and feel-goods.

Muslims will lie, to further islam. They call it "Taqiyya," and it is part of their religion.

I experienced Islamic deception first hand, during the embassy hostage taking event in Iran in the 1970s, and will never forget.

I would not risk a single American life, on the chance of making no mistakes with screening/vetting refugees. I simply do not trust them.

We should provide funds and resources for safe places, near their home countries. But no muslim admittance to the US, period. Christians and Jews, fine.

Events spanning the late 70s to now, have only reinforced my concerns about islam. I have had professional dealings with Christians and Jews from Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iran. When they know you well enough to "let their hair down" they will influence you along the lines I speak of.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Unfortunately that thinking combined with the naivete of believing that everyone who wants to come here wants to be an "American"  has gotten us into a big hole.
The time when the majority of people coming here was because they wanted to be Americans has long passed, it really accelerated in the sixties with the democrats pushing their policy of racial division and hyphenated Americans. The vast majority of those coming to America now have absolutely no desire to join in the melting pot of America, they just want the free goodies and good lifestyle, and truthfully they don't have to join in, the democrats have made it so easy for them, they don't have to learn to read and write in English because the schools and government are made to accommodate them in whatever language they want to speak. When my parents came to America they were required to have a sponsor first, they had to swear not to ask for or accept any government aid for five years, they had to learn to speak and read English and have a knowledge of our government before they could become citizens. Now it's just do whatever you want and screw America! :soangry:

Oceander

I thought it was whoever our betters decided it was at the time. Might makes right after all; who needs rights?

Not usually.

Offline truth_seeker

The time when the majority of people coming here was because they wanted to be Americans has long passed, it really accelerated in the sixties with the democrats pushing their policy of racial division and hyphenated Americans. The vast majority of those coming to America now have absolutely no desire to join in the melting pot of America, they just want the free goodies and good lifestyle, and truthfully they don't have to join in, the democrats have made it so easy for them, they don't have to learn to read and write in English because the schools and government are made to accommodate them in whatever language they want to speak. When my parents came to America they were required to have a sponsor first, they had to swear not to ask for or accept any government aid for five years, they had to learn to speak and read English and have a knowledge of our government before they could become citizens. Now it's just do whatever you want and screw America! :soangry:

In the past, a decision to come to America involved crossing an ocean in a wooden vessel, where often 25% died. It also involved financing the journey, borrowing from relatives, or indenturing yourself to a journeyman tradesman or businessman.

If things didn't work out, getting back was another very difficult thing, to undertake.

My mother-in-law came in 1946 - 47, on an ocean liner.

Today hop on an airplane or slip across a border, or overstay a visa and that is the total cost. If scrutiny is lax, as it is now, we are at risk for harm by those who aim to harm us.

It is extremely naïve to let our guards down. We are being urged to do so by liberals, and phony "conservatives" that take the liberal side of almost every issue.

Offline dfwgator

In the past, a decision to come to America involved crossing an ocean in a wooden vessel, where often 25% died. It also involved financing the journey, borrowing from relatives, or indenturing yourself to a journeyman tradesman or businessman.

If things didn't work out, getting back was another very difficult thing, to undertake.

My mother-in-law came in 1946 - 47, on an ocean liner.

Today hop on an airplane or slip across a border, or overstay a visa and that is the total cost. If scrutiny is lax, as it is now, we are at risk for harm by those who aim to harm us.

It is extremely naïve to let our guards down. We are being urged to do so by liberals, and phony "conservatives" that take the liberal side of almost every issue.
Exactly. Knowing the kind of hardships it took to come here and what it took to start over and build a life made people appreciate it being a part of this country all that much more.  People were willing to endure all the hardships because they valued Freedom above all else. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:40:27 pm by dfwgator »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@truth_seeker

After the draft riots in NYC during Mr. Lincoln's War of Northern Aggression,the Yankees filled their rosters with immigrants fresh off the boat. Mostly immigrants from the UK because they (mostly) spoke the same language. I have read there were a lot of Irishmen fighting for the Union because they were told on Ellis Island that they had to enlist in the Union Army or go back to Ireland.

Those people REALLY wanted to come to America.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Exactly. Knowing the kind of hardships it took to come here and what it took to start over and build a life made people appreciate it being a part of this country all that much more.  People were willing to endure all the hardships because they valued Freedom above all else.

@truth_seeker   @dfwgator  @GtHawk  @Oceander  @Idaho_Cowboy

>>People were willing to endure all the hardships because they valued Freedom above all else. <<

BINGO! The KEY factor that all of us overlook too often. America was built as a free nation because the people that created America wanted to live free. So did every immigrant that came after them right up to the 1960's.

Muslims do NOT want to be free,and in FACT,hate the whole concept of freedom. WTH are we doing allowing these retards into our country?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Jazzhead wrote:
"ISIS is cheering your every word."

Nonsense.
It's dupes like YOU that they are cheering on.
Your naivety facilitates the ever-increasing islamic expansion into dar al-harb.
You prove to them that their efforts are worthwhile and that their chances are good.

Your attitude is identical and indistinguishable from that of the left.

Insofar as the approach to muslim immigration is concerned, I prefer "The Japanese solution" to the German/Western European one...

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Westboro,

I won't take the time to do it, it's easy to find that the head of WBC was good friends with Gore, Fred Phelps also ran as a Democrat.

People probably already know this actually, so repeating. Some of this is in his wiki bio.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Demographics need to be heeded; the Northern states (not the Border States, Missouri and so on) largely abandoned slavery. The slaves were going to outnumber the citizens. It's really wrong that the slaves got dumped in the North, the South should have had to deal with the situation of being outnumbered and confronted this demographic Armageddon, not Chicago, New York City or Detroit. Lincoln was moral, Slavery was very much out of place by 1860. Really not that long ago. Yet, we still put up with problems caused by the Democrats immorality from back then.

The North became a sort of safety valve for fleeing slaves the way the US is a bit of a safety valve for Latin America.

In the end, a lot of drawbacks in that. The crime to smuggle humans in Northern Mexico and all of the trials these people go through alone is totally inhumane. The criminals, the smugglers need to be attacked.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 02:06:06 pm by TomSea »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Jazzhead wrote:
"ISIS is cheering your every word."

Nonsense.
It's dupes like YOU that they are cheering on.
Your naivety facilitates the ever-increasing islamic expansion into dar al-harb.
You prove to them that their efforts are worthwhile and that their chances are good.

Your attitude is identical and indistinguishable from that of the left.

Insofar as the approach to muslim immigration is concerned, I prefer "The Japanese solution" to the German/Western European one...

And you're the most obvious alt-right white nationalist on this site.   You and your buddies go vote for Trump and I'll vote for someone else.

Even McMullin is right -  we would never have achieved any counterterrorism success without partnering with Muslims.  Muslims have suffered at the hands of the Islamofascists far more than any other group.   You're entitled to spout your bigotry and I'm entitled to say that it is folly to treat this like a new Crusade against the culture of billions.       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Even McMullin is right -  we would never have achieved any counterterrorism success without partnering with Muslims.  Muslims have suffered at the hands of the Islamofascists far more than any other group.   You're entitled to spout your bigotry and I'm entitled to say that it is folly to treat this like a new Crusade against the culture of billions.     

@Jazzhead

WHY are you swallowing this nonsense whole and without question? Is it because of your own ethnic background makes this the kneejerk response from you? PLEASE note that I have a great deal of respect for your intelligence,and this is not a hit on you. It's more of a wake-up call.

I know it is easy to accept the media mantra without question because they always phrase their anti-America/Pro-Globalist brain farts in such reasonable-sounding terms,but ask yourself this. Did we need the cooperation of the Nazis,the Japanese,or the Soviets to defeat them? What makes defeating a bunch of goat humping backwards illiterates more difficult to the point we need them to help us? Hell,defeating these goobers would be falling off a log simple if we really wanted to do it. All we would have to do would be kill a few dozen of the top money men in the Muddle East and the west,and their funding would dry up and the remaining intellectuals that lead them would then be ripe for the picking.

Take away their financing and their leadership and they go back to doing what they do best,murdering each other.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 02:55:12 pm by sneakypete »

Offline truth_seeker

The "alt right" label is just one in a long line of GOP establishment attempts to discredit the movement that cleaned their clocks.

Kristol, Jeb Bush, Romney, Kasich and others simply come up with one thing then another. Where is the guy "French?"

What happened to Sea Island? Did they put "alt right" on the list way back then?

Their followers include rich eastern lawyers, lobbyists who's gravy trains and power are at risk.

Essentially they are phony conservatives, who take the liberal position on almost everything.

National security and border security are two examples. They spew the liberal lines.

Oceander

The "alt right" label is just one in a long line of GOP establishment attempts to discredit the movement that cleaned their clocks.

Kristol, Jeb Bush, Romney, Kasich and others simply come up with one thing then another. Where is the guy "French?"

What happened to Sea Island? Did they put "alt right" on the list way back then?

Their followers include rich eastern lawyers, lobbyists who's gravy trains and power are at risk.

Essentially they are phony conservatives, who take the liberal position on almost everything.

National security and border security are two examples. They spew the liberal lines.

Actually, no, it's not.  Why don't you try reading up on it first before you post.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@truth_seeker

:amen: :amen: :amen: