Author Topic: Will Barack Obama Try To Stay In Office If Donald Trump Wins The Election?  (Read 1819 times)

rangerrebew

Will Barack Obama Try To Stay In Office If Donald Trump Wins The Election?
By Michael Snyder, on August 4th, 2016

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on StumbleUponEmail this to someone

Barack Obama - Public DomainIf Donald Trump wins in November, will Barack Obama leave office and hand over power in an orderly fashion? Normally we would not even have to ask such a question, but these are not normal times. This week, Obama publicly stated that Trump “is unfit to serve as President” and that he is “woefully unprepared to do this job“. In addition, he told the press that Trump “doesn’t have the judgment, the temperament, the understanding to occupy the most powerful position in the world.” If Obama really believes those things are true, would he really just stand aside and hand the keys to the White House to Trump?

Never before have I ever heard a sitting president claim that one of the major party candidates could not function as president. But that is what Obama has just done. The following is an excerpt from a transcript of remarks made by Obama earlier this week that comes directly from the official White House website. I have highlighted certain phrases in bold text, because I want you to truly consider the implications of what he is saying here…

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/will-barack-obama-try-to-stay-in-office-if-donald-trump-wins-the-election
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:05:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Using what authority?  There isn't even any colorable support for such a move, and even Obama's most outrageous actions have always come with a legal fig leaf of some sort.  This won't happen.  No doubt his staffers will engage in the same sort of childish antics Bill Clinton's staffers did, like pulling keys off of computer keyboards and the like, but no, there won't be a coup by Obama.

Offline doblin

I think that Obama remaining in office is a distinct possibility even if Hillary wins. Look for him to telegraph his intent by unleashing the hounds on her before she is sworn in. If the AG goes after her for treason or the like, he can invalidate the election.

If trump wins, Obama can likewise invalidate the election for his already stated reasons. (Trump is unfit to be president)

A sitting president refusing to leave office would not necessarily cause the upheaval that a coup would. Half the electorate and nearly all the media would applaud the move. What percentage of the citizenry would mount an armed revolt? The Obama loyal military would squash any ragtag band of "racist haters" that tried.

After all, permanently overthrowing the government is the endgame in "The Rules for Radicals"; it isn't as far fetched as you might think. It would definitely be in character for Obama given his apparent contempt for the Constitution and for his oath of office.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
No, logistically he can't outside a major state of emergency like a meteor taking out the entire Eastern seaboard, and even that is doubtful that it could result in overturning an election.

Offline doblin

All it requires is moxie and a compliant media.

Look at how Obamacare was passed. The rules don't matter as much as you think. If it requires a Reichstag fire, they'll make it happen.

...I may be paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
No, logistically he can't outside a major state of emergency like a meteor taking out the entire Eastern seaboard, and even that is doubtful that it could result in overturning an election.

I think the secret service would physically remove him themselves. Obama ceases to be the president on inauguration day and I think they would no more allow him to stay than they would allow me to stay if I were to declare myself president.

Offline jedidah

. . . he can invalidate the election.

No.  He cannot "invalidate" the election.  There is no constitutional support for that, whatsoever.

Barry Obama has one vote, just like you and me.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
All it requires is moxie and a compliant media.

Look at how Obamacare was passed. The rules don't matter as much as you think. If it requires a Reichstag fire, they'll make it happen.

...I may be paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?

Here is a bit of a challenge. Think about the logistics of this and list them out.

HonestJohn

Here is a bit of a challenge. Think about the logistics of this and list them out.

He'll use all the Orbital Mind Control Satellites (TM) to brainwash the masses into raising the secret Illuminati Pyramid found in the center of the Bermuda Triangle.

Honest!

(All Hail the Zygonian Overlords!!!)

:tongue2:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:54:11 am by HonestJohn »

geronl

The thought of Trump winning is nauseating enough to tend to hope for a civil disturbance, but really - Giant Meteor!!

Offline doblin

The Giant Meteor is Martial Law.

Invoked because of major BLM rioting in DC or Obama's ISIS friends set us up the dirty bomb in DC or the winner of the general election is under indictment for high crimes and misdemeanors.

A compliant media coupled with bold action and he could do almost anything he wanted. With a fig leaf worth of rationale and US Army troops to enforce it? Believe it.