Author Topic: 'It absolutely could be a flakka case': Police suspect 'normal' teen took zombie drug before storming out of restaurant (truncated)  (Read 2167 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'It absolutely could be a flakka case': Police suspect 'normal' teen took zombie drug before storming out of restaurant dinner with his parents to kill and face maul random married couple sat at home

Austin Harrouff allegedly stabbed Michelle and John Stevens to death
    Earlier that evening, Harrouff was out at a a sports bar with his parents, but got agitated and stormed off, prompting them to call police
    Harrouff was found on top of John, biting the flesh off his face, before a stun gun, four police and a K-9 were used to pull him off
    Harrouff also allegedly stabbed Stevens' neighbor, Jeff Fisher
    Fisher heard screams, rushed over to help, and gasped for air during 911 call where he told dispatcher he was 'bleeding profusely' 
    The 19-year-old Florida State University student was a former high school football player and wrestler, described by police as 'abnormally strong'
    Sheriff believes Harrouff could have been on flakka, a synthetic drug that causes hallucinations, psychosis, and 'superhuman' strength
    Harrouff may have ingested something causing 'intestinal problems' and may not survive after being sedated and intubated in hospital

A 19-year-old frat boy who was found at the scene of a double homicide on Monday biting flesh off a victim's face could have been on the synthetic drug flakka, authorities believe.

Austin Kelly Harrouff, whose condition is deteriorating in the hospital, was arrested Monday night after allegedly stabbing married couple Michelle Stevens and John Stevens III to death inside their Jupiter, Florida, home.

Sheriff William Snyder said a toxicology report would not be immediately available, but added: 'It absolutely could be a flakka case. We don’t know...I would not be surprised though if we end up finding that is the case.'

The synthetic drug swept Florida in 2013, gaining the nickname 'five dollar insanity' because it causes hallucinations, psychosis and 'superhuman' strength.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3743667/Florida-college-student-19-stabbed-death-married-couple-biting-husband-s-face-growling-random-attack.html#ixzz4HY9AUON5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Unbelievable, reminds me of the "bath salts" drug of a few years ago.

The poor victimized couple whom I would be sure were good people to have something this freaky happen to them.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:53:18 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

From Last December 21, NBC:

'Devil's Drug': Flakka Is Driving Florida Insane

An emergency room doctor calls it as "five-dollar insanity." A rehab director says it's the "devil's drug."

On the street, it's known as flakka — a synthetic crystal imported from China that is wreaking havoc in South Florida and threatening to spread its misery and profits across the country.

It's cheap, crazily addictive and terrifying. A single dose smoked, swallowed or snorted can give a user a potent but fleeting rush — or turn them into a paranoid zombie with superhuman strength and off-the-charts vital signs.

In the 14 months since the epidemic began in Broward County, 60 people have died. Hospitals are getting dozens of patients a day. And some nights, half the calls to police are flakka-related emergencies.

Homeland Security has a Florida unit devoted to the drug, and United Way of Broward County launched a multi-agency task force to crack down on the scourge.

Read More At: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/devils-drug-flakka-driving-florida-insane-n471531

The article goes on to mention a young lady who took the drug and during her first experience, jumped off a bridge, she lived and is in rehab.

geronl

The obvious symptoms are

teeth turn gold and alarm clocks on gold chains appear around their necks and they screech in a high voice "I'm Flakka Flak!"

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Like meth, this stuff is composed of completely non-organic chemicals that the human body was never intended to ingest.  These substances immediately and permanently rewire your nervous system, and you will never, ever function right again, IF you survive your first dose.

Bad, bad stuff.  Russia has been dealing with this stuff for several years.  They called it flaka because it makes your skin flake like crocodile scales.

:smokin:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 02:22:07 am by Chieftain »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

Forbes article on the drug here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2015/04/04/flakka-the-new-drug-you-need-to-know-about/#43bddbd820bf It sounds a lot like "bath salts" but isn't the same thing.

The Forbes article reads:
The khat plant, which grows in parts of the Middle East as well as Somalia, is the source of cathinones. The leaves of the plant are often chewed to achieve euphoria or a high.

This plant has been known here with the influx of refugees and immigrants from that part of the world. I'd just vaguely heard about it.     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khat

Maybe it is tame in comparison at least to this heinous crime; but synthetic marijuana I believe has ended up killing people.

--------------

One article above said it came from China, that perhaps people even buy it through the mail. If it is coming from China, our federal laws, customs, someone needs to crack down on this severely.

--------------

Another thought that crossed my mind is something about this drug that is being used in the Middle East, especially the Syrian war with ISIS and other parties.  Captagon, that is the name for anyone who wishes to check further.

--------------

Lastly, I know this is a long post, it makes one wonder why it has gained such a foothold in Florida versus other parts of the US; perhaps it is spread more widely.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Is Yemen Chewing Itself to Death?  By Andrew Lee Butters  Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2009
http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1917685,00.html

Khat, which I have always heard pronounced like Gaat, is a shrub and produces a mild simulant effect when chewed. It grows wild all over the place and is found everywhere in the ME. It has been used there for thousands of years.

Also, in New Guinea there is the Beetle Nut, or the Betel Nut which is chewed all over the country. It is a wild seen because it makes the user's mouth bright red, and their spit is bright red as well. It is sold in all the street markets there. Be warned that the first few times you use it, you are going to get pretty bad diarrhea. Again, mild effect and used for thousands of years and it is very, very, common.

What You Need To Know About Captagon, The Drug Of Choice In War-Torn Syria
http://www.forbes.com/sites/carmendrahl/2015/11/21/what-you-need-to-know-about-captagon-the-drug-of-choice-in-war-torn-syria/#79aac5951697

What is Captagon?

Captagon is one of several brand names for the drug compound fenethylline hydrochloride. Captagon is not a new drug. The Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Encyclopedia places its debut in 1961, when it was manufactured by Chemiewerk Homburg, a subsidiary of specialty chemicals company Degussa. The patent for its production dates to 1962, according to the Merck Index.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 02:02:11 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline uglybiker

The obvious symptoms are

teeth turn gold and alarm clocks on gold chains appear around their necks and they screech in a high voice "I'm Flakka Flak!"

Careful. You might 'OG'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vInmy1-i-w
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline TomSea

Just reporting the facts,

Apparently, when in the restuarant,  the accused Austin Harrouf was wearing a Trump "Make America Great" cap, looks like he was wearing it backwards. It is stated in the Daily Mail article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3749553/Chilling-footage-shows-cannibal-killer-leaving-Florida-restaurant-just-moments-murdering-neighbors-eating-one-victim-s-faces.html  (pictures)

Also, the Sheriff or City Attorney,  is saying he will be tried on two counts of murder; one can look that up.

The woman killed was something like the daughter of a former mayor, double check the news for the exact details.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 03:47:06 am by TomSea »

geronl

Also, the Sheriff or City Attorney,  is saying he will be tried on two counts of murder; one can look that up.

The woman killed was something like the daughter of a former mayor, double check the news for the exact details.

good! to the first line and awful! to the second