Author Topic: #NeverTrump Presidential Candidate Evan McMullin Makes Utah Ballot  (Read 1323 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The 270 strategy- one doesn't need a third party to have an outright win in a majority of States. You just need the third parties to prevent the two major parties from reaching 270 electoral votes then the House and Senate decide the President and VP- the big red reset button (happened twice in our history). Just a couple of states swinging can accomplish this.

Utah election officials confirm that state native Evan McMullin met the requirement to be on the state’s ballot in November. You can see his official declaration here which was filled prior to the 5pm Mountain deadline.

http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/2016/08/nevertrump-presidential-candidate-evan-mcmullin-makes-utah-ballot/

Online libertybele

Re: #NeverTrump Presidential Candidate Evan McMullin Makes Utah Ballot
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 12:53:50 am »
I take issue with the headline for one ... I am #NeverTrump, but I certainly don't consider McMullin my candidate and that's quite an assumption to call him the "NeverTrump candidate.

According to the article, "According to his campaign’s website, McMullin is also on the ballot in Colorado and Minnesota but has plans to be on all 50 state ballots come November."  Who is he trying to kid?? That's very, very misleading and flat out wrong.  It is impossible at this point for him to be on the ballot in all 50 states as he has missed quite a few deadlines. Also consider that 34 states are allowing early voting; as early as late September. He has either missed the deadlines in the following states or the deadline is in a couple of days; Iowa, Louisiana, Delaware, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, N. Carolina, Ohio, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, W. Virginia, Wyoming.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 11:25:10 pm »
A bit snarky aren't we Cuky?  Look at the darn headline ... it clearly reads "NeverTrump Presidential Candidate" ... it can't get any more clearer than that.  I am #NeverTrump but I don't consider him my candidate.  You are entitled to vote for whom you want.  I prefer to vote for someone who I know something about, that has some sort of track record rather take a shot in the dark on someone.  Who's to say that Hillary isn't promoting him?? 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 11:51:11 pm »
Not snarky, well maybe I was, and I apologize to you for the tone. Its just that words matter and a single word can change the entire meaning. Hence your issue with the headline I am disagreeing with because the headline calls McCullin a #NeverTrump candidate which is different than "the" #NeverTrump candidate of your quote here is your quote .  But that does not excuse my snarky tone.

Of course we are both voting according to our conscience and I have no problem with that.

Again, I apologize to  you if I sounded snarky. I get worked up at times when the topic of conversation is politics.

I also am a little sensitive that someone who appears to be sacrificing his name, sacrificing future work with the GOP, and has sacrificed in the past serving our country risked his life and now is trying to offer an alternative for some conservatives for love of country and not love of money and he is immediately knocked down for it. Plus, I had been reading so many of the vile twitter posts by trump supporters on McCullin.

I have still a lot to learn about the guy, but I like what I have heard so far.

Apology accepted.   :beer: 

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 01:03:14 am »
We keep running into each other. Thank you for accepting the apology.  I need to take a shot of aguardiente so I can stop making an ass of myself tonight.

Hey...all is good.   :beer:   We're basically on the same page; neither one of us wants Hillary or Trump.