Author Topic: I Know Trump's New Campaign Chairman, Steve Bannon. Here's What You Need To Know.  (Read 2466 times)

Silver Pines

I Know Trump's New Campaign Chairman, Steve Bannon.  Here's What You Need To Know.

By Ben Shapiro
08/17/16

On Wednesday, the Trump campaign shifted top campaign staff: the new CEO of the campaign is, predictably and hilariously, Steven K. Bannon, the current chairman of Breitbart News. I have a bit of experience with Bannon, given that I was the editor-at-large of Breitbart News for four years, and worked closely with Breitbart and Bannon.

Here’s what you need to know about Bannon, as well as new campaign manager Kellyanne Conway.

1. Steve Bannon Turned Breitbart Into Trump Pravda For His Own Personal Gain. Back in March, I quit Breitbart News when it became clear to me that they had decided that loyalty to Donald Trump outweighed loyalty to their own employees, helping Trump smear one of their own reporters, Michelle Fields, by essentially calling her a liar for saying that she had been grabbed by then-Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski. Here’s what I wrote at the time:

Andrew built his life and his career on one mission: fight the bullies. But Andrew’s life mission has been betrayed. Indeed, Breitbart News, under the chairmanship of Steve Bannon, has put a stake through the heart of Andrew’s legacy. In my opinion, Steve Bannon is a bully, and has sold out Andrew’s mission in order to back another bully, Donald Trump; he has shaped the company into Trump’s personal Pravda…the facts are undeniable: Breitbart News has become precisely the reverse of what Andrew would have wanted. Steve Bannon and those who follow his lead should be ashamed of themselves.

Not to say "I told you so," but I did tell you so.

Read more at:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8441/i-know-trumps-new-campaign-chairman-steve-bannon-ben-shapiro

Silver Pines

How long before Trump's speeches start referring to '"renegade Jews?"

Offline r9etb

Kellyanne Conway:

She looks just like an older version of Reese Witherspoon in Election....

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
We've been calling it Trumpbart for months.

Offline musiclady

Andrew built his life and his career on one mission: fight the bullies. But Andrew’s life mission has been betrayed. Indeed, Breitbart News, under the chairmanship of Steve Bannon, has put a stake through the heart of Andrew’s legacy. In my opinion, Steve Bannon is a bully, and has sold out Andrew’s mission in order to back another bully, Donald Trump

This is one of the saddest things I've read in a long time.....    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline r9etb

OK, so we obviously need to apply a hefty discount here: Shapiro is clearly settling some personal scores with this article.

Nevertheless, in the main his description of Bannon rings true, and the implications are rather alarming.

If there was a way to drag the entire GOP down with a Trump electoral disaster, this sounds like the most likely way to do it, by so connecting the party with lunacy that GOP candidate can escape it.

The GOP should take action now ... but they won't.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 03:11:58 pm by r9etb »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Agreed.  AB was an iconic conservative hero.  Trumpjacking of his cause is beyond sad.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

OK, so we obviously need to apply a hefty discount here: Shapiro is clearly settling some personal scores with this article.

Nevertheless, in the main his description of Bannon rings true, and the implications are rather alarming.

If there was a way to drag the entire GOP down with a Trump electoral disaster, this sounds like the most likely way to do it, by so connecting the party with lunacy that GOP candidate can escape it.

The GOP should take action now ... but they won't.

Shapiro doesn't strike me as the vengeful type.  That's Trump.  Shapiro comes across as a guy who says his piece and moves on.  I think he's simply being honest in this article.

I'd pay money to be a fly on the wall in Priebus's office.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

And I hope this is being stenciled on his forehead......

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline r9etb

Shapiro doesn't strike me as the vengeful type.  That's Trump.  Shapiro comes across as a guy who says his piece and moves on.  I think he's simply being honest in this article.

Not generally, no.... but this article conveys more than a little personal spite.

I think maybe Priebus is beginning to understand a little better how Neville Chamberlain felt.

Offline Cowboyway

Agreed.  Ben Shapiro is a principled and courageous conservative who would make a darn fine president himself.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
I believe his prediction in point number seven will prove to be true.

Silver Pines

And I hope this is being stenciled on his forehead......

LOL

Silver Pines

Agreed.  Ben Shapiro is a principled and courageous conservative who would make a darn fine president himself.

Completely agree with that. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Everybody on the #Nevertrump side is principled and courageous and wonderful beyond imagination.

Everybody else is scum. (Rumsfeld, Gingrich, Sessions, Huckabee, Walker, Perry et al.)

Obama=Hillary (four more years)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Everybody on the #Nevertrump side is principled and courageous and wonderful beyond imagination.

Everybody else is scum. (Rumsfeld, Gingrich, Sessions, Huckabee, Walker, Perry et al.)

I noted it on another thread.

Trump loyalists don't do sarcasm well.  I suppose it's because loving the guy takes all the humor in life away......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

Ain't politics grand! ...it's fun watching neverTrump juggle their feelings of anger, dissonance and sanctimony at the same time. Shhhhh...let's watch....who will be the first to drop the ball?

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
I believe his prediction in point number seven will prove to be true.

Yes, I agree, I think that's a likely outcome of a Trump loss.
Let it burn.

Offline aligncare

So, in addition to bestowing heretofore untapped precognition, does neverTrump give out decoder rings, too?

Offline r9etb

Ain't politics grand! ...it's fun watching neverTrump juggle their feelings of anger, dissonance and sanctimony at the same time. Shhhhh...let's watch....who will be the first to drop the ball?

Here's an interesting article about Narcissistic Personality Disorder: http://asourparentsgrowolder.com/narcissistic-personality-disorder/.  Describes Trump very accurately.

Of particular interest to you will be the section on what narcissists demand from their followers:

No matter how badly a narcissist behaves, their fans and subordinate “yes men” will cheer them on and publicly declare how “awesome” they are, etc. People (unconsciously) sense they have a dangerously fragile self-concept, and are intuitively afraid of getting on their “sh*t list” — so they tend to leave lots of ego stroking (“You rock!”) comments. Once you get on their sh*t list, there is no way off without heavy butt-kissing and contrition. (Unless you get access to something they desperately want.)

Silver Pines

Anger over what, exactly?  I don't understand.

Speaking for myself, I'm sitting back and laughing at the show.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I don't think straw men juggle.  :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour