Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Evan McMullin Makes Utah Ballot for President, Say Local Reports  (Read 1046 times)

cuky

EXCLUSIVE: Evan McMullin Makes Utah Ballot for President, Say Local Reports

http://heatst.com/politics/exclusive-evan-mcmullin-makes-utah-ballot-for-president-say-local-reports/

By Louise Mensch | 12:40 pm, August 15, 2016
Breaking: According to social media, Evan McMullin has gathered the 1,000 signatures needed to place him on the ballot in his home state of Utah.

Local election supervisors are quoted as saying that McMullin already has the signatures he needs to place him on Utah’s ballot. The deadline is today.

A Mormon who attended BYU and acted as a missionary, the former CIA agent could easily win the state as an Independent with Republican leanings if he wins the support of Governor Mitt Romney, the GOP’s former nominee.

Unlike Gary Johnson, previously favored in the normally deep-red state, Evan McMullin is a conservative with a pro-life position.

Winning Utah could conceivably leave McMullin with a shot at the White House, if no candidate won an overall majority and the current House decided to pick a compromise for President.

Local users using twitter hashtag #utpol seemed to agree that McMullin would comfortably make the ballot. If you start with the Obama-Romney result and take Utah out of Trump’s column, he’d have to win not only Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, but also take Virginia (Tim Kaine’s state) to win – or another state like Colorado in which Trump is not even competitive.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I'll tell you one thing right now I would be willing to say I would trust this man McMullin on terrorism over Trump.  I am still looking into Castle also.  Trump is moving in a fascist motion.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline montanajoe

Utah could be the state that he might win. Colorado and Minnesota are Dim enclaves so they will probably go for the Dim. But Utah, traditionally the most Republican state in the nation is another matter. There were a lot of Conservatives in Utah. I was registered to vote there for a few election cycles and this year I would have voted for him in a heartbeat...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

There you have it folks., With 1,000 signatures, this guy is going to be the next President of the United States.

Step aside, Frau Clinton. #Nevertrump arises. Contact Jeb and Bill, Rove, Romney, Kasich. They have this in the bag.

When you exit the ride in BriefingRoomLand, watch your step until your eyes adjust to the clear light of reality.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
There you have it folks., With 1,000 signatures, this guy is going to be the next President of the United States.

Step aside, Frau Clinton. #Nevertrump arises. Contact Jeb and Bill, Rove, Romney, Kasich. They have this in the bag.

When you exit the ride in BriefingRoomLand, watch your step until your eyes adjust to the clear light of reality.

I have just been reading the news and Trump today told a bunch of ministers that there is a problem.  He is having trouble in Utah.  Not only that there are other stories of Trump hinting that he can loose the election.  He is already talking about a long vacation.

Is your head spinning?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline montanajoe

I don't think their are many who think he will be the next POTUS. Personally I've resigned myself to the fact that it will be Hilliary, but in those states where he is on the ballot he gives Conservatives like me an opportunity to vote FOR someone rather than not voting for either Trump or Clinton