Author Topic: Biden torches Trump in first campaign appearance for Clinton  (Read 663 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden torches Trump in first campaign appearance for Clinton
« on: August 15, 2016, 06:56:21 pm »
By Jordan Fabian - 08/15/16 02:07 PM EDT

Vice President Biden on Monday championed Hillary Clinton as the best leader for the American middle class as he made his first stop for the Democratic nominee in his birthplace of Scranton, Pa.

Biden drew a series of rousing ovations from the crowd in a folksy speech that played up his and Clinton’s family connections to Scranton, a former mining town that will play a major role in deciding the contest between Clinton and Republican nominee Donald Trump.

“If you care about your job decent pay, if you worry about your children’s education … there’s only one person in this election who will possibly help you, and that is Hillary Clinton,” Biden said at his first joint rally with the Democratic nominee.

Clinton’s father hails from the northeast Pennsylvania town and Biden was born there. Both recalled childhood memories and how they embraced the town’s working-class values.

“What Hillary is all about is making sure every one of you can look your child or grandchild in the eye and say, I mean this sincerely, ‘honey, everything is going to be OK,’” Biden said.

“She gets it.”

Biden also laced into Trump, torching the billionaire as not understanding middle class problems.

“Let’s state the obvious, that is not Donald Trump’s life story,” Biden said. “What bothers me most about Donald Trump, is that his cynicism is unbounded.”

Channeling a memorable line from his speech at the Democratic convention, Biden said Trump’s claim to stand up for the middle class is “such a bunch of malarkey.”

“This guy doesn't care about the middle class,” he added. “And in a sense I don't blame him, because he doesn't understand it. He doesn’t have a clue.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/291475-biden-torches-trump-in-first-campaign-appearance-for-clinton
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online dfwgator

Re: Biden torches Trump in first campaign appearance for Clinton
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 07:11:24 pm »

“This guy doesn't care about the middle class,” he added. “And in a sense I don't blame him, because he doesn't understand it. He doesn’t have a clue.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/291475-biden-torches-trump-in-first-campaign-appearance-for-clinton

As if you and Hillary do, Joe?

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 10:25:50 pm »
Another quote from the article:

“This guy’s shame has no limits,” Biden said. “He’s even showered praise on Saddam Hussein, one of the vilest dictators of the 20th century … He would’ve loved [Joseph] Stalin.”

My first thought on reading that was... well, at least he didn't compare Trump to Hitler.   :laugh:
Let it burn.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 10:26:47 pm »
Another quote from the article:

My first thought on reading that was... well, at least he didn't compare Trump to Hitler.   :laugh:
And Hillary and Biden love Trotsky and Ho Chi Minh.

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 10:32:13 pm »

Do you really think anyone posting here doesn't know that?
Let it burn.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 10:35:14 pm »
Do you really think anyone posting here doesn't know that?
Hard to tell since 90% of the posts here are all about bashing Trump.

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 10:47:32 pm »

The sad thing is that, had we supported Ho Chi Minh right after WWII in his efforts to get the French out of Vietnam...

...we'd never have fought in Vietnam and it would never have gone communist.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:47:48 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 10:50:05 pm »
Hard to tell since 90% of the posts here are all about bashing Trump.

Trump is the New Brand, Hillary is the old, tired, worn-out brand. Someone declaring that Hillary is corrupt, or evil, or in service to the Evil Overlords of Communism is akin to saying water is wet, the sky is blue, and the sun rises in the east.  Someone declaring that Trump would love Stalin... why, I can't recall anyone ever saying that before.   :pondering:

Can you?
Let it burn.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 10:52:14 pm »
The sad thing is that, had we supported Ho Chi Minh right after WWII in his efforts to get the French out of Vietnam...

...we'd never have fought in Vietnam and it would never have gone communist.
More leftist croc.   Ho Chi Minh was a Soviet Comintern Agent from 1917 onwards.   One of the founding members of the French Communist Party.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 10:57:08 pm »
This was nothing compared to Major Garrett's point by point rebuttal of Trump's statements tonight on CBS. The media pivot on Trump has started and it is going to be especially brutal due in large measure to the ammo he has given them.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:00:02 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

HonestJohn

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 11:06:45 pm »
More leftist croc.   Ho Chi Minh was a Soviet Comintern Agent from 1917 onwards.   One of the founding members of the French Communist Party.

He lived in Brooklyn in 1917.

And was working with the OSS in 1945.

And sought help from President Truman later that year to remove the French from Vietnam.

We had a golden opportunity to have Vietnam as a client state in 1945.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:09:56 pm by HonestJohn »

Online dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 11:23:49 pm »
He lived in Brooklyn in 1917.

And was working with the OSS in 1945.

And sought help from President Truman later that year to remove the French from Vietnam.

We had a golden opportunity to have Vietnam as a client state in 1945.

We helped Mao Tse Tung as well,  didn't matter.  Once he took power he went against us.  Ho would have done the same, even if we'd helped him.