Author Topic: Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke on Riots: ‘This Thing Has Been Hijacked for a Political End’  (Read 277 times)

rangerrebew

Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke on Riots: ‘This Thing Has Been Hijacked for a Political End’

(CNSNews.com) - According to Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, the riots over the weekend in Milwaukee in protest of the fatal shooting of a black man by police have “been hijacked for a political end; it’s a political construct now”

“We get our authority from the consent of the governed, if something’s bothering them we should have discussions about it. But this thing has been hijacked for a political end; it’s a political construct now. I mentioned it two years ago if you want to go back and look at some of the tapes. I said this was a political construct this whole war on police- that in fact a war on police, mirrored what had gone on in the 1960’s,” Clarke said during a press conference on Sunday.

“There’s a lot of misunderstanding I think in terms of what causes these situations. The police use of force serves as an igniter, there’s no doubt, but to an already volatile situation a volatile mix of urban pathologies – failed urban policy that exacerbates inescapable poverty, failing public schools, inadequate parenting, father-absent homes – we all know when fathers are not around to shape the behavior of young boys they often times grow up to be unmanageable misfits that the police have to deal with in an aggressive fashion,” Clarke said.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner/sheriff-clarke-riots-thing-has-been-hijacked-political-end