Author Topic: Report: Trump to propose ideological tests for immigrants  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: Report: Trump to propose ideological tests for immigrants
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 02:28:52 am »
A: Are you a terrorist?
B.Are you planning to become a terrorist?
C. Do you believe in freedom of religion?

No, the ONE question will be, "Do you LOVE President Donald Trump?  A yes answer gets you into the US with a Donald hat.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2016, 02:43:57 am »
Unless an immigrant is in favor of gay rights, he/she won't be admitted.

That's in the proposal.

Wait a minute.  Who's American values is he using for this test? 

I believe this.  I believe all of Gods Word and there are lots of sins.

Romans 1:26-27New American Standard Bible (NASB)

26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is [a]unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in [c]their own persons the due penalty of their error.

If I answered the question by stating my belief the Bible is true can I still be an American?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2016, 02:45:05 am »
It's not like they would ever lie on the questionnaire  :silly:

Of course they would.   I was just addressing the fact that he said something right.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2016, 02:46:03 am »
There's that taqiyya thing-muslims have no problem lying to gain the trust of "non-believers"in order to use our values and freedoms against us with the goal to impose their socio-political system on us.
"Dangit, you got me!!! Yes, I am a terrorist and I want to come to your country to commit terrorism and bring Sharia Law."

Oceander

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2016, 02:48:48 am »
Of course they would.   I was just addressing the fact that he said something right.

I don't know if he said it right, but he certainly raised a legitimate issue in a way that was not reality TV.  If this were his bottom, instead of his top, then maybe I could have supported him.  Tomorrow I'm sure we'll be back to reality TV type squabbling.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 03:02:46 am »

Nope, can't acknowledge that. Gotta be anti-trump all the time. Even when he's a stopped clock, toss out your principles, he's still wrong.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2016, 04:27:51 am »
Russia currently is relatively friendly with Israel but they could go either way.

I am concerned with some of what has come out of the Trump camp regarding Israel. For instance, General Flynn who has suggested that Israel needs to disarm to bring peace to the mideast.

I was talking about Ezekiel prophesies

For anyone that follows Bible Prophesy. 

http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/51078/do-putins-actions-in-syria-fulfill-the-prophecy-of-ezekiel-regarding-gog-and-magog-middle-east/#YOXErwWfci4614jd.97
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2016, 04:39:58 am »
I think that Christians should acknowledge the conflict in what Trump says.  This is a religious infringement.  I don't worry about homosexuality but I don't want it crammed down my throat.  So much for the non PC candidate.  Its the American social engineering experiment of Donald Trump.  See if everyone can fit in.

I stated is a previous post I believe the whole Bible is true and therefore I believe homosexuality is a sin.  It isn't my sin so it doesn't bother me.  I only need to worry about me and what I do.  But believe me this is the beginning of limiting Gods Word.

Believe me, yuuuuuuuge religious liberty infringement.  And on the side note,.. Putin also enacted a non proselytization law in July.  It is nearing the same with Trump if you cannot say the Bible is true. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:45:17 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2016, 06:33:48 am »
Just what questions does Trump propose be asked about gender equality and gay rights? 

And, unless he can guarantee applicants won't lie, this kind of thing is essentially meaningless.
Only one question in the short version: "Just kiss the frigging ring, pal, or go home."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2016, 01:07:56 pm »
As for "gay rights", they do have the right, at least here, to not be thrown off of buildings for being gay.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2016, 01:48:42 pm »
As for "gay rights", they do have the right, at least here, to not be thrown off of buildings for being gay.

I have a gay brother I love.  I am not talking about the right to choose to live their life the way they want.  I am talking about a test.  What exactly is a test about gay rights?  What do they ask?  I am saying if you believe that homosexuality a sin as it is stated in the Bible can you still be an America?  Nobody is talking about hurting people.  That is not what Donald said in his speech.  He said gay rights and you can be listed a homophobe if you believe the Bible is true.

Look the Bible isn't about one specific sin or another.   And it isn't for the sinners it is for the ones who choose salvation.  Those are the ones who are supposed to live by it.  The Bible tells you we are not the ones to judge the sinners.

What I am saying is Trumps policy is an open policy that can fuel division among Americans.  It can push the idea that people don't have a right to believe the Bible.  As I said I don't worry about what homosexuals are doing as long as they are following the laws.  I was equally hurt and prayed for the victims of the shooting in Florida. 

Gay rights is not appropriate for a test.  What is appropriate is gauging a persons mindset of whether they feel that anyone deserves punishment for living differently than others.  Leave gay out of it.  Gays do have an agenda to make everyone accepting of them.  I don't have to accept that homosexuality is good to know that everyone has a right to liberty and life.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 01:50:34 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2016, 02:29:54 pm »
During a foreign policy speech in Ohio on Monday, the GOP nominee will say the test to admit people into the country should ask the candidate about issues including religious freedom, gender equality and gay rights, according to the Associated Press.
The tests, which seek values such as tolerance and pluralism, would include questionnaires, social media assessments and interviews with friends and family.

The Republican party I know is the party that believes marriage is one man and one woman.  The party I know it the party of religious freedom to believe and say it is a party of marriage one man and one woman.  The Muslim was right.  Trump should take some time and read the Constitution.  And Christians I would think would see this and warning bells would go off.

All that we are guaranteed is life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Gay right isn't an American value unless you consider liberal judges that want it to be.  We aren't based on the relationship we choose to have.

If I said there just isn't a term Gay marriage they made it up.  Marriage is defined by the Bible.  I don't have to believe that there is a gay marriage for someone to live in a gay relationship.  That is their choice and they can have Civil Unions with the same rights.

Trump just can't come in a define our values as gay.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 02:30:13 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2016, 04:48:18 pm »
During a foreign policy speech in Ohio on Monday, the GOP nominee will say the test to admit people into the country should ask the candidate about issues including religious freedom, gender equality and gay rights, according to the Associated Press.
The tests, which seek values such as tolerance and pluralism, would include questionnaires, social media assessments and interviews with friends and family.

The Republican party I know is the party that believes marriage is one man and one woman.  The party I know it the party of religious freedom to believe and say it is a party of marriage one man and one woman.  The Muslim was right.  Trump should take some time and read the Constitution.  And Christians I would think would see this and warning bells would go off.

All that we are guaranteed is life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  Gay right isn't an American value unless you consider liberal judges that want it to be.  We aren't based on the relationship we choose to have.

If I said there just isn't a term Gay marriage they made it up.  Marriage is defined by the Bible.  I don't have to believe that there is a gay marriage for someone to live in a gay relationship.  That is their choice and they can have Civil Unions with the same rights.

Trump just can't come in a define our values as gay.
Constitutionally, rights were supposed to be rights, no matter who you are. That took some fine tuning, but the basic groups regardless of race, creed, sex, or color pretty much cover everyone without getting into personal habits.

Anything else, (and even the above) are just versions of 'identity politics'. Why would Almighty God give some people more unalienable Rights than others?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2016, 04:34:10 am »
Constitutionally, rights were supposed to be rights, no matter who you are. That took some fine tuning, but the basic groups regardless of race, creed, sex, or color pretty much cover everyone without getting into personal habits.

Anything else, (and even the above) are just versions of 'identity politics'. Why would Almighty God give some people more unalienable Rights than others?

I just can't believe that Evangelicals are looking the other way as Trump makes it absolutely clear that he is about identity politics.  And really what has the Republican party fought for recently concerning Supreme Court cases?  Identity politics.

Why would we think that Trump who is pushing the very things that our party has stood against is going to appoint Conservative Supreme Court Justices?  Trump is out of the closet.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2016, 04:39:40 am »
There's nothing wrong with just saying that we won't admit people from a certain region.

If you run a grocery store, and you find out that there were cases of E Coli in food that came from a certain warehouse/factory,  you take all of the products off of the shelf until you are sure they are safe.  I thought originally this was Trump's plan.

But now it appears he's just going to have some dumb test that people can be easily coached to give the right answers. What's that going to accomplish?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2016, 05:20:00 am »
There's nothing wrong with just saying that we won't admit people from a certain region.

If you run a grocery store, and you find out that there were cases of E Coli in food that came from a certain warehouse/factory,  you take all of the products off of the shelf until you are sure they are safe.  I thought originally this was Trump's plan.

But now it appears he's just going to have some dumb test that people can be easily coached to give the right answers. What's that going to accomplish?

He should have just stuck with the Constitution.  A Constitutional test.  Good enough.  He couldn't do it though because he has no idea.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2016, 05:43:14 am »
He should have just stuck with the Constitution.  A Constitutional test.  Good enough.  He couldn't do it though because he has no idea.
Where does it say in the Constitution that we have to take anyone in from anywhere? 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2016, 05:49:02 am »
I just can't believe that Evangelicals are looking the other way as Trump makes it absolutely clear that he is about identity politics.  And really what has the Republican party fought for recently concerning Supreme Court cases?  Identity politics.

Why would we think that Trump who is pushing the very things that our party has stood against is going to appoint Conservative Supreme Court Justices?  Trump is out of the closet.
I suspected Trump of being a political opportunist in Iowa over the Renewable Fuels Mandate, Cruz was against, caught flak from the local GOP and Trump jumped in for the mandate. (Farmers are an 'identity' group in Iowa) But Trump went one farther and said he'd increase the (ethanol) mandate and use one of the worst Gov't agencies to enforce it. Those were the first signs, aside from Trump's history and even allowing for an epiphany, that there was a problem there. BLM types had him pegged, as did the Stormfront folks, they knew what he was, and no one wanted to read the writing on the wall.

Trump had already made it clear he would

Pander for votes to an identity group (farmers).
His positions were fluid
He saw more rules as the answer
And he'd keep the most anti-industry Government Agency, ever.

even before his people started the whole "Lyin' Ted" thing and CNN made it look like Carson was dropping out, I had Trump pegged. He went from a possible second to zero.

But Trump played to the anger of a frustrated base who had sent people to Washington to stop illegal immigration, were tired of unemployment, and tired of the Government that failed to stop Obamacare, plus other things as well. Angry people do stupid things, and once their anger was engaged, they were listening to no one.

The evangelicals ignored the past of a serial adulterer, incontinent prevaricator, and fellow who had dealt shabbily with contractors in the past while buying political influence, and accepted a claimed 11th hour epiphany "two Corinthians" and all.

2 TImothy3 1-5
But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:  For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Somehow, that sounds familiar.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2016, 05:52:36 am »
I suspected Trump of being a political opportunist in Iowa over the Renewable Fuels Mandate, Cruz was against, caught flak from the local GOP and Trump jumped in for the mandate. (Farmers are an 'identity' group in Iowa) But Trump went one farther and said he'd increase the (ethanol) mandate and use one of the worst Gov't agencies to enforce it. Those were the first signs, aside from Trump's history and even allowing for an epiphany, that there was a problem there. BLM types had him pegged, as did the Stormfront folks, they knew what he was, and no one wanted to read the writing on the wall.

Trump had already made it clear he would

Pander for votes to an identity group (farmers).
His positions were fluid
He saw more rules as the answer
And he'd keep the most anti-industry Government Agency, ever.

even before his people started the whole "Lyin' Ted" thing and CNN made it look like Carson was dropping out, I had Trump pegged. He went from a possible second to zero.

But Trump played to the anger of a frustrated base who had sent people to Washington to stop illegal immigration, were tired of unemployment, and tired of the Government that failed to stop Obamacare, plus other things as well. Angry people do stupid things, and once their anger was engaged, they were listening to no one.

The evangelicals ignored the past of a serial adulterer, incontinent prevaricator, and fellow who had dealt shabbily with contractors in the past while buying political influence, and accepted a claimed 11th hour epiphany "two Corinthians" and all.

2 TImothy3 1-5
Somehow, that sounds familiar.

Every bit.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2016, 11:48:18 am »
Where does it say in the Constitution that we have to take anyone in from anywhere?

It doesn't.  NO ONE has a "right" to come here, and until recently we only accepted people who could contribute positively to our society. 

This is ridiculous.  I get that y'all don't like Trump; I don't like Trump.  But don't go twisting yourselves into knots to show how wrong he is by taking a wrong position yourselves!  He actually got this one right.

Good grief. 

(Not fussing at you dfwgator.)

Edited to add:  It was a good speech.  I don't know who wrote it, and I don't know how much of it DT believes in and will continue to believe in, but it was a good speech.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:00:52 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2016, 01:44:31 pm »
It doesn't.  NO ONE has a "right" to come here, and until recently we only accepted people who could contribute positively to our society. 

This is ridiculous.  I get that y'all don't like Trump; I don't like Trump.  But don't go twisting yourselves into knots to show how wrong he is by taking a wrong position yourselves!  He actually got this one right.

Good grief. 

(Not fussing at you dfwgator.)

Edited to add:  It was a good speech.  I don't know who wrote it, and I don't know how much of it DT believes in and will continue to believe in, but it was a good speech.

It has nothing to do with hating Trump.  It is just wrong.  Trump is pushing gay rights as a standard of American values.  You may view it as right but I don't. I call it dividing Americans.  It was a declaration of what you are allowed to believe in America and it was Trumps view not mine. 

And I saw that Evan McMullin also said the same thing.  Trumps a divider.   Trump is pushing his liberalism.  Forcing people of faith to hide what they believe is true in order to line up with gay PC police.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:45:59 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2016, 02:14:59 pm »
It has nothing to do with hating Trump.  It is just wrong.  Trump is pushing gay rights as a standard of American values.  You may view it as right but I don't. I call it dividing Americans.  It was a declaration of what you are allowed to believe in America and it was Trumps view not mine. 

And I saw that Evan McMullin also said the same thing.  Trumps a divider.   Trump is pushing his liberalism.  Forcing people of faith to hide what they believe is true in order to line up with gay PC police.

I disagree.  I listened to that part of the speech, and he wasn't pushing gay rights as you are defining them. 

Gays have the same rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness that we all do.  Islamists disagree.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 02:16:39 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2016, 02:41:13 pm »
I disagree.  I listened to that part of the speech, and he wasn't pushing gay rights as you are defining them. 

Gays have the same rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness that we all do.  Islamists disagree.

Nobody said they didn't.  But we don't need to divide Americans by what relationships they choose.  There was no need to bring up homosexuality.   Sharia Law is about oppression of every kind.  All Trump needed to do is say we all have equal rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. 

Furthermore the goon praise the fashion in which Saddam Hussein kept control of his country.  If you are going to list  things that are not American how about some of these.

We don't need to put gay rights above others.  The attack in San Bernardino wasn't against gays.  Any freedom loving American gay or otherwise is a target of extreme Islamic terrorism

http://usiraq.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000867
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 02:43:47 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2016, 02:48:25 pm »
Nobody said they didn't.  But we don't need to divide Americans by what relationships they choose.  There was no need to bring up homosexuality.  Sharia Law is about oppression of every kind.  All Trump needed to do is say we all have equal rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. 

Furthermore the goon praise the fashion in which Saddam Hussein kept control of his country.  If you are going to list  things that are not American how about some of these.

We don't need to put gay rights above others.  The attack in San Bernardino wasn't against gays.  Any freedom loving American gay or otherwise is a target of extreme Islamic terrorism

http://usiraq.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000867

No need to bring up homosexuality?  Really?  The fact that in islamic countries homosexuals are targeted for abuse and grotesque deaths shouldn't be brought up in a discussion as to why to restrict immigration from islamic countries? 

So, there would be no reason to bring up treatment of women either?  Or, children?

I'm not trying to defend DT or beat anyone up, but the overwhelming, knee-jerk "Trump is the devil incarnate" gets repetitive and sort of depressing after a while.  He's not.  He's a feckless, undisciplined, narcissistic, 70 year old man-child, as I have stated many times before.  If we do want to talk evil, we have to go to HRC for that. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 02:53:58 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2016, 07:59:19 pm »
No need to bring up homosexuality?  Really?  The fact that in islamic countries homosexuals are targeted for abuse and grotesque deaths shouldn't be brought up in a discussion as to why to restrict immigration from islamic countries? 

So, there would be no reason to bring up treatment of women either?  Or, children?

Or Christians, burned to death in their churches. Being 'gay' isn't the only requirement for being badly treated by Islamists, but I suppose 'gay' is more PC than "Christian'.

C S Lewis