Author Topic: Trump Is Losing, and Losing It  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Bunny Watson

Trump Is Losing, and Losing It
« on: August 14, 2016, 03:13:48 pm »
This entire article is worth reading, but it's the bald truth expressed in the paragraph below that makes me want to weep for my family and my country.
Trump’s descent into full-bore toddler mode is not unexpected: He already is making excuses for losing in November and boasting that it doesn’t matter that much to him, because, as he put it, “I go back to a very good way of life.” And the people who supported him go back to seeing their liberties curtailed and their constitutional order perverted by an old-fashioned Democratic machine politician who could have been beaten by a dozen actual conservatives from whom Republicans had the opportunity to choose.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/438962/donald-trump-media-supporters-loss

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump Is Losing, and Losing It
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 03:32:58 pm »
From the article:

Trump cannot imagine — cannot even entertain the notion — that this is Trump’s fault. He blames the media, for making him look nuts by reporting the things he says — which are nuts. Talking with Hannity, he moaned: “I’ll say something at a rally and I look out and see all these TV cameras taking every word down. No one in politics has ever been subjected to this kind of treatment.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 03:36:53 pm »
It’s too early to begin the bloody and tearful recriminations — but there will be a time. Not to blame Trump for being Trump, which is exactly what anybody with a lick of sense would expect him to be. But those who enabled him, who plumped him and the largely fictitious establishment-vs.-the-base soap opera for their own personal audience-building and money-making agendas? We are going to need to have a word about them, come November.

Yep.  Trump pimps should be treated like pimps. 

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 03:42:32 pm »
Come November 8th, Mr. Trump is going to make George McGovern's run for the Presidency look like a tight race.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 03:51:47 pm »
Yep.  Trump pimps should be treated like pimps.
I think it is fair to recognize that many Trump supporters have allowed themselves to be snookered, and their emotions manipulated by a master manipulator as well as by his enablers.

That does not make them bad people, and certainly not bad Americans. Mr. Trump rose to prominence based upon some very real problems, concerns, and grievances. These issues - including illegal immigration, job losses, social disintegration, and governmental excess - have been frequently misdiagnosed by one side, and ignored or denied by the other.

You are essentially correct that the Trump Boosters: the Sean Hannitys, Jeffrey Lords, Matt Drudges and their ilk, will have a great deal to answer for. That they will blame someone other than themselves is perhaps inevitable.

But they all need to take a good hard look in the mirror before casting aspersions at those of us who warned that the Orange Emperor not only had no clothes, but planned all along upon nothing more than building his brand, while enjoying a good laugh at the expense of those who danced to his tune.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:32:29 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 03:53:31 pm »
Personally, I think those of us with doubts aboit Trump should wait until November to have such conversations.  Otherwise, the fingers are going to be pointed at us.  And rightly so.  This only serves Hillary at this point.

We don't have an 0bligation to help Trump but I think we are obliged not to help Hillary.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 03:57:11 pm »
Just this morning:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 03:58:39 pm »
The NY Times prints fiction.  This is the paper Trump thinks deserves a Pulitzer:

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 04:12:16 pm »
Two things are almost-certain to come of this:

Her Hillaryness is going to be President.

The nation will come apart quickly.  Even when in good health, body and mind, she had neither the skills not the intelligence to be a good leader.  She's dying of Parkinsons or some other ailment; and Bubba has one foot in the grave; and the nation is already coming apart.

THIS is the reason FOR the Electoral College.  The Presidency was NOT intended as a popularity contest - it was a responsible, unglamourous job managing the Federal Government apparatus.  The States were to pick Electors, who were supposed to be leading citizens, not political hacks.  The Electors were not to be pledged but were to consider the best person for the job.

With 320 million Americans, THESE TWO IMBECILES are the best we can find?

It's over.  Gird your loins.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 05:26:10 pm »
I think it is fair to recognize that many Trump supporters have allowed themselves to be snookered, and their emotions manipulated by a master manipulator as well as by his enablers.

That does not make them bad people, and certainly not bad Americans. Mr. Trump rose to prominence based upon some very real problems, concerns, and grievances. These issues - including illegal immigration, job losses, social disintegration, and governmental excess - have been frequently misdiagnosed by one side, and ignored or denied by the other.

You are essentially correct that the Trump Boosters: the Sean Hannitys, Jeffrey Lords, Matt Drudges and their ilk, will have a great deal to answer for. That they will blame someone other than themselves is perhaps inevitable.

But they all need to take a good hard look in the mirror before casting aspersions at those of us who warned that the Orange Emperor not only had no clothes, but planned all along upon nothing more than building his brand, while enjoying a good laugh at the expense of those who danced to his tune.

goopo

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 07:34:54 pm »
Personally, I think those of us with doubts about Trump should wait until November to have such conversations.  Otherwise, the fingers are going to be pointed at us.  And rightly so.  This only serves Hillary at this point.

We don't have an 0bligation to help Trump but I think we are obliged not to help Hillary.

We also have no obligation to remain silent to convenience a country that, for whatever perverse reasons,
offered us nothing better than a choice between a crank and a crook for the White House, when several
better-seeming choices were available to send up against Hilarious Rodent Clinton. Especially
because Donaldus Minimus doesn't need the help of his critics to look lame enough to hand
Hilarious Rodent Clinton the White House---he's managing that all by himself.

"None of these candidates," the voting option available in Nevada, just keeps looking better every minute.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 07:52:44 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 03:17:01 am »
OMG, he actually complains that reporters are writing down what he says at rallies. This has never happened to anyone before!! lol  :silly: :silly: :silly:

How horrible.

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 03:18:47 am »
Personally, I think those of us with doubts aboit Trump should wait until November to have such conversations.  Otherwise, the fingers are going to be pointed at us.  And rightly so.  This only serves Hillary at this point.

Oh, don't worry.  The payback will be swift, merciless, and the world's biggest, baddest b*tch.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2016, 04:41:21 am »
Two things are almost-certain to come of this:

Her Hillaryness is going to be President.

The nation will come apart quickly.  Even when in good health, body and mind, she had neither the skills not the intelligence to be a good leader.  She's dying of Parkinsons or some other ailment; and Bubba has one foot in the grave; and the nation is already coming apart.

THIS is the reason FOR the Electoral College.  The Presidency was NOT intended as a popularity contest - it was a responsible, unglamourous job managing the Federal Government apparatus.  The States were to pick Electors, who were supposed to be leading citizens, not political hacks.  The Electors were not to be pledged but were to consider the best person for the job.

With 320 million Americans, THESE TWO IMBECILES are the best we can find?

It's over.  Gird your loins.

Yep - nailed it.

This is a true descent into an Idiocracy if I ever saw one.

Hey - whycome you no have tattoo???
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2016, 05:31:05 am »
Yep - nailed it.

This is a true descent into an Idiocracy if I ever saw one.

Camacho for President.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 09:38:04 am »

Never saw anything I wanted to wear that long.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis