Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Ship Taking On Water In Texas According To Latest Poll  (Read 18526 times)

Offline flowers

Re: Ted Cruz’s Ship Taking On Water In Texas According To Latest Poll
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2016, 10:50:15 pm »
This makes it sound like you are really just defend the Establishment. Well, your boy George Bush and his neo-cons like Krauthammer, Shapiro and others got the US into a war that saw Christian persecution.  There is no blood on Trump's hands despite any hand ringing

But supporting the party, I supported Bush who ran as a Conservative. I supported McCain, Romney and now Trump;

Can anyone here who is a nevertrump person post info on how many have died under Trump? I am really curious and want to see that info. PLEASE SOMEONE POST THAT INFO ABOUT TRUMP. Links please.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2016, 10:51:01 pm »
One conservative Senator cannot force bill through a liberal-dominated Senate. He has people like McConnell and Sessions fighting to stop anything conservative from passing. Notice that these establishment guys are both on Team Trump.

Excellent post!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline flowers

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2016, 10:53:38 pm »
Tell that to Trump.  He's obsessed with Cruz.
How in the hell is Trump obsessed with Cruz??????????????  @Emjay  Wait I remember Trump has done nothing but post tweets talking about Cruz ever since the RNC convention. Yeah I remember now. I have read all of them. Pffft. Where did you get this idea?

geronl

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2016, 10:55:07 pm »

You worship a man who has thrived by being a crony capitalist, using government to grant favors to his business.

No, I don't worship a man, I support the party as I have done for 25 years or more.

By supporting a man who has quite openly and explicitly said he is going to destroy that party?

geronl

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2016, 10:56:27 pm »
Cruz campaigned with Trump, shared similar views, allied himself with Trump.

They were running against each other for the same post, they did not and do not have the same views. Joint appearances does not mean they were allies.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2016, 10:59:41 pm »
One conservative Senator cannot force bill through a liberal-dominated Senate. He has people like McConnell and Sessions fighting to stop anything conservative from passing. Notice that these establishment guys are both on Team Trump.

Bingo.

Show me what the successful senators have done over the last decade.

At least Ted Cruz was a co sponsor of the bill that is now law that prevents former terrorists from coming to the USA as UN diplomats. It was a bipartisan bill but it was a good bill but it might take money out of Trump's mouth.

(Another case of Trump lying to cover lie after lie. Said he didn't know who the property was rented to, then intended to rent the property to Gadaffi and give the money to charity but never did.)

Offline flowers

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2016, 11:18:46 pm »
Bingo.

Show me what the successful senators have done over the last decade.

At least Ted Cruz was a co sponsor of the bill that is now law that prevents former terrorists from coming to the USA as UN diplomats. It was a bipartisan bill but it was a good bill but it might take money out of Trump's mouth.

(Another case of Trump lying to cover lie after lie. Said he didn't know who the property was rented to, then intended to rent the property to Gadaffi and give the money to charity but never did.)

At least Cruz will go down in history as forwarding the TPP.

geronl

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2016, 11:20:29 pm »

Trump does love him some tyrant dictators.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2016, 11:27:33 pm »
It's pretty sick that people are still pushing an anti-Cruz meme on this board in August. 

Because it appears to have escaped the attention of many Trump supporters.  Cruz is a fellow Republican. Trump is supposed to be running against the Democrat candidate, Hillary Clinton.  You know the opposing party.  Running against your own party is nor likely to have a successful  outcome.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 11:28:40 pm by ConstitutionRose »
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

geronl

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2016, 11:30:45 pm »
It's pretty sick that people are still pushing an anti-Cruz meme on this board in August. 

Trump is running to destroy the Republican Party and conservatism. His minions now support the GOPE and detest actual conservatives, he will have them voting for Hillary by November.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2016, 11:34:25 pm »
Trump is running to destroy the Republican Party and conservatism. His minions now support the GOPE and detest actual conservatives, he will have them voting for Hillary by November.

I would not be surprised if by election day he endorses her. 

Offline flowers

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2016, 11:35:40 pm »

@Cripplecreek wut? Do you have the link for this? Please give me the link.

geronl

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2016, 11:36:05 pm »
The attack on Cruz for having unrealistic expectations was and is also a lie.

The goal was to force Obama to compromise, the fact that the GOP leaders like McConnell went on full attack mode for Obama was the reason it failed.

As the 2013 battle began, Cruz said victory was within reach if Republicans simply stuck together. But Friday night, he explained that what was actually possible was "a middle ground compromise" in which President Obama would have been forced to give way on some aspects of Obamacare. Such a compromise "would have provided some significant relief to the millions of people losing their jobs, losing their health insurance, losing their doctors because of Obamacare," Cruz said.

The same thing happened in the House where the Boehner-led leadership went on the warpath to save ObamaCare funding. Spending bills must come from the House.

"What we did not anticipate was that Senate Republican leadership would actively, vigorously, vocally lead the fight against House Republicans," Cruz said. "Once that happened, it became almost impossible to win that battle."

Once the GOP leadership came out gangbusters to save ObamaCare funding, the fight was no longer winnable. Now these same GOPE leaders are calling for "unity". lol.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-obamacare-defunding-fight-wasnt-winnable/article/256086

Offline flowers

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2016, 11:39:00 pm »
Wut?  Detest? Good grief.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2016, 11:40:04 pm »
Can anyone here who is a nevertrump person post info on how many have died under Trump? I am really curious and want to see that info. PLEASE SOMEONE POST THAT INFO ABOUT TRUMP. Links please.

What has that got to do with anything?  Seriously. What a silly way to gauge someone for the presidency.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2016, 11:42:47 pm »
The attack on Cruz for having unrealistic expectations was and is also a lie.

The goal was to force Obama to compromise, the fact that the GOP leaders like McConnell went on full attack mode for Obama was the reason it failed.

The same thing happened in the House where the Boehner-led leadership went on the warpath to save ObamaCare funding. Spending bills must come from the House.

Once the GOP leadership came out gangbusters to save ObamaCare funding, the fight was no longer winnable. Now these same GOPE leaders are calling for "unity". lol.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-obamacare-defunding-fight-wasnt-winnable/article/256086

@geronl this is the message I get from that link....Sorry, you don't have permission to view this article

Would like a working link. Let me know if it is just me getting that message.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2016, 11:48:43 pm »
What has that got to do with anything?  Seriously. What a silly way to gauge someone for the presidency.

I personally think Trump has the potential to get a lot of people killed simply because he refuses to admit mistakes or accept responsibility. Our military shouldn't have to worry about whether they'll be blamed or hung out to dry for Trump's spur of the moment erratic and contradictory orders.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2016, 11:54:46 pm »
Dumb question, even when repeated in all CAPS. None have died but many have been duped and ripped off by the con man.  trump is no way fit to be POTUS is what is relevant and most non-cultists know that, even the ones who will vote for him to try and stop Hillary like several well respected members on this board. You were an early supporter of this disgrace and took part in bringing what is universally acknowledged as the worse two candidates this country has every had at a single time. The two most unpopular candidates ever.  Enjoy. I certainly am not enjoying, but will survive just fine no matter who wins as I have never left my future in the hands of others.

Trump had some pretty nasty associates in Atlantic City, so it is a bit premature to say that nobody has died because of Donald Trump.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline flowers

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2016, 11:57:10 pm »

Where is the link to Trump giving the money to charity? @Cripplecreek  @geronl

Said he didn't know who the property was rented to,

from the link geronl gave me

but Trump says he has rented part of a large property in Westchester county to Middle Eastern tenants who may be associated with Gadaffi

Trump says right there he knew Gadaffi  people  associated with him would be involved in this.

Offline flowers

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2016, 11:58:29 pm »
Where is the link to Trump giving the money to charity? @Cripplecreek  @geronl

Said he didn't know who the property was rented to,

from the link geronl gave me

but Trump says he has rented part of a large property in Westchester county to Middle Eastern tenants who may be associated with Gadaffi

Trump says right there he knew Gadaffi  people  associated with him would be involved in this.

One more thing...this is 2009 Gadaffi at this point in time was the enemy to teamobama/hillary.

geronl

geronl

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2016, 12:28:29 am »
One more thing...this is 2009 Gadaffi at this point in time was the enemy to teamobama/hillary.

He was also the enemy of freedom and democracy and everything good and positive.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2016, 12:33:44 am »
He was also the enemy of freedom and democracy and everything good and positive.

Yeah, conservatives don't pick and choose enemies according to who the popular girl in school likes.

The Bush administration was working with Gadaffi on terrorism but never had any illusions about him being a friend or ally. Gadaffi was an opportunist and a scumbag.