Author Topic: What would Donald Trump say if he quit the presidential race?  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What would Donald Trump say if he quit the presidential race?

Excerpt:

By Walker Lundy

Special to the Observer

In a turn of events that shocked the political world and threw the presidential race into unprecedented turmoil, Donald J. Trump announced yesterday that he is quitting the race and endorsing Hillary Clinton.

Trump said the only point of his campaign was to show how stupid and gullible many Republican voters are.

“I’ve been a Democrat all of my adult life,” Trump told a packed and boisterous news conference. “But I knew if I ran as a Republican and said increasingly ridiculous, idiotic, racist and sexist things that I would get a lot of votes.”

But he said he had no idea he would be able to win the Republican nomination and poll 40 percent or better in a national race against Clinton.

“Did people really believe that I could build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico and get the Mexicans to pay for it?” Trump asked, “and that we could deport 11 million illegal aliens? That’s ridiculous. How could we possibly do that?”

Trump said he wanted to show just how gullible the far-right wing was and how weak-kneed Republican leaders were.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/op-ed/article94019107.html?ref=yfp#storylink=cpy

The irony is that this is probably true.  He just hasn't done it yet.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: What would Donald Trump say if he quit the presidential race?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 05:15:30 pm »
what would DJT say?????

Your're welcome Hillary.  Our plan worked to a "T".  Send the Clinton Foundation check to my accounts in Europe please.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 05:16:10 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 05:17:20 pm »
I predict, as I've been doing so, that he will boost his 'downside' investment for a media venture by making himself appear a victim and a savior. "I tried but the establishment forces were out to destroy me and my family.... these are the same people against YOU the people... we made a difference and we will continue to fight... tune in to my new media venture on DirecTV channel 349 and subscribe to my newsletter to help keep the fight going...  I will be here for you if you continue to tune in to me... let me tell you what to think... pay attention to me... "

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 05:22:27 pm »
I predict, as I've been doing so, that he will boost his 'downside' investment for a media venture by making himself appear a victim and a savior. "I tried but the establishment forces were out to destroy me and my family.... these are the same people against YOU the people... we made a difference and we will continue to fight... tune in to my new media venture on DirecTV channel 349 and subscribe to my newsletter to help keep the fight going...  I will be here for you if you continue to tune in to me... let me tell you what to think... pay attention to me... "

Unfortunately, I think you are absolutely correct ... he will continue to profit off this 'venture' with Clinton and use a 'newsletter' to solicit funds to continue to combat conservatism. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »
He would blame it all on Cruz for not endorsing him.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 05:28:23 pm »
If and when he drops out, he will blame the legacy Republicans who were not taken in by his carnival act.  I don't buy into the evil genius theory.  Trump's an overgrown child and a dumbass, and I think a lot of people found that to be entertaining.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 05:29:29 pm »
He would blame it all on Cruz for not endorsing him.

With Trump's psycho obsession with Cruz, watch him move to Texas to run against him in '18. :silly: :silly: :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 05:29:58 pm »
Unfortunately, I think you are absolutely correct ... he will continue to profit off this 'venture' with Clinton and use a 'newsletter' to solicit funds to continue to combat conservatism.

I don't think it will be just a newsletter, he'll buy an entire TV network. This time next year, we'll see The Trump Network, all about Trump with his opinions, his name and likeness and all his shows from Ms. America to WWE. He is working on establishing a customer base now.

Remember, this is a guy who has absolutely no problem in losing, as long as his downside is protected and it builds his brand. He takes on a lot of losing ventures (like his prior Presidential run, Trump the Game, Trump the Magazine, yadda yadda) that he knows won't succeed as a way to build his brand which is always his true goal.

He wins by losing.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 05:42:03 pm »
With Trump's psycho obsession with Cruz, watch him move to Texas to run against him in '18. :silly: :silly: :silly:

Oh my! I will have nightmares now.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 05:44:16 pm »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 05:45:33 pm »
God help you if you ever sent your email address to the Trump campaign.

The junk emails will flow after the campaign.  Some think that's the only reason he got into this, so he could build up a massive email list to sell.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 06:28:07 pm »
Well it would be an interesting situation, because then we would have to try and figure out the difference between Trump and Castro since it would be two democrats running against a true Conservative. :tongue2:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 06:29:06 pm by GtHawk »

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 07:14:21 pm »

geronl

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 07:20:23 pm »
He would congratulate Hillary and say he always liked a winner like her.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 07:29:21 pm »
He will feign a fall, suffering a 'hip  injury' or similar wholly repairable malady, excusing himself as being no longer able to continue on the campaign trail.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 07:30:18 pm »

Yes he did actually say that.  He believes the polls.  See the entire exchange.

http://www.snopes.com/trump-polls-drop-out/
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 07:31:33 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 07:49:08 pm »

The way he is trying to destroy conservatism, I think he'll encourage people to boycott the election if he's way down.  He wants to hurt the down-ticket candidates, too.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 07:54:25 pm »

The way he is trying to destroy conservatism, I think he'll encourage people to boycott the election if he's way down.  He wants to hurt the down-ticket candidates, too.

He has been trying to destroy the Republican party since the start.  That is the plan I believe.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 08:33:35 pm »
He has been trying to destroy the Republican party since the start.  That is the plan I believe.

Specifically, the more conservative side.  Though it might not be planned, that's the effect.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

HonestJohn

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 08:55:43 pm »
Specifically, the more conservative side.  Though it might not be planned, that's the effect.

Every side.

For conservatives, there will be no party to call home.  For moderates, there will be no choice but to join the Democrat party.

For the GOP brand *WILL* be that toxic.