Author Topic: Brody File asks Trump: Is this a divine calling?  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Brody File asks Trump: Is this a divine calling?
« on: August 13, 2016, 05:17:09 am »
Brody File asks Trump: Is this a divine calling?

Jenna: You know a lot of Christians believe that you have been chosen for 'such a time as this.' Do you believe that’s true? Have you ever considered that maybe this is a divine calling?

Donald Trump: Well, you know I’ve heard that from others, and I’ve heard it from pastors. I’ve heard it from others. You know I really don’t even want to think about it because it’s too big of a burden. But I can say this, that if I can do what I say I can do, and I’m not only talking with the military and building it up and safety and security, cause our country is in bad shape in so many ways, I’m talking… we can open up the voices of great people and the pastors and the ministers, and the priests and the rabbis and the people of religion. I think that will be something I will be so proud of.     

http://www1.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2016/08/12/brody-file-asks-trump-is-this-a-divine-calling

Has he been coerced to believe he is God's divine choice?   I am at a loss for words. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Brody File asks Trump: Is this a divine calling?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 05:40:03 am »
I've mention this before but my sister and her husband both charismatic Christians firmly believe that Trump is annointed and sent by God to save America just as Isreal was freed from bondage in The book of Isaiah.  Google Trump and Isaiah and see some really crazy stuff. 

Oh and it's Isaiah 45 and Trump would be the 45th President, more absolute proof that he is the new Cyrus. :silly:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 05:44:33 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 09:29:49 am »
I've mention this before but my sister and her husband both charismatic Christians firmly believe that Trump is annointed and sent by God to save America just as Isreal was freed from bondage in The book of Isaiah.  Google Trump and Isaiah and see some really crazy stuff. 

Oh and it's Isaiah 45 and Trump would be the 45th President, more absolute proof that he is the new Cyrus. :silly:
Wasn't that whole 'Anointed of God' thing used against Cruz, even though the quote was allegedly said by his father? It seems to me that 'story' broke about the same time as the mistress article in National Enquirer, in time for the Bible Belt primaries, where Cruz performed far worse than expected among Christians. (IOW, that stuff hurt him).

Now they are saying Trump is 'anointed by God'?   **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 11:53:59 am »
Wasn't that whole 'Anointed of God' thing used against Cruz, even though the quote was allegedly said by his father? It seems to me that 'story' broke about the same time as the mistress article in National Enquirer, in time for the Bible Belt primaries, where Cruz performed far worse than expected among Christians. (IOW, that stuff hurt him).

Now they are saying Trump is 'anointed by God'?   **nononono*

Yup, just like their hatred for the establishment but are now kissing some establishment butt.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 12:02:29 pm »
Trump is truly a cult of personality.  These people are all sick.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 02:06:06 pm »

The story on Ted Cruz was not the same by a long shot.  Ted Cruz decided to run for president after God spoke to his wife, Heidi. Rafael Cruz, Ted's father and a born-again pastor, described his son's decision-making process. The elder Cruz recounted that during a Sunday prayer session at a Texas church, Ted Cruz and his family sought God's guidance as to whether the senator should enter the presidential race, and after two hours of praying, God sent a message to Heidi that essentially said: Go for it. 
This is a direct quote:  "At the end of that time, a word came through his wife, Heidi. And the word came, just saying, "Seek God's face, not God's hand." And I'll tell you, it was as if there was a cloud of the holy spirit filling that place. Some of us were weeping, and Ted just looked up and said, "Lord, here am I, use me. I surrender to you, whatever you want." And he felt that was a green light to move forward."

It was the media with the help of Trump followers that fabricated this into a "Cruz is a Crazy Christian" story, and lied that God told him he wants him to be President. He was seeking Spiritual guidance when faced with a big big big decision, which we all should do. That's it. There is nothing more to the story except for all the fabrication and put-downs of Cruz, his supporters,  and Christians.

Now Trump's divine intervention story has turned into a cult-like belief and it has a huge following. Believe me, I have had my sister call me, knowing I was not a Trump supporter, and explain the connection with Trump and Isaiah 45, reading me supposed prophetic messages from God about Trump, and how he WILL become president.  GOOGLE "Trump and Isaiah 45" and see how crazy this has got. Story's of Charismatics pastors all over the country sharing prophetic messages direct from God about Trump.

Here is one from Kim Clement who has tens of thousands of devout followers including 2 of my 3 sisters, believing his every prophetic message he gives. Ignoring those that did not happen.   

This is GOD speaking now..... :silly:
"I am God and you have called to Me, and many from this Nation have said "enough, enough of religion, enough, enough of dead speech." The Spirit of God said, this is a moment of resurrection. For the Spirit of God says, honor Me with your praise and acceptance of this that I say to you. This that shall take place shall be the most unusual thing, a transfiguration, a going into the marketplace if you wish, into the news media. Where Time Magazine will have no choice but to say what I want them to say. Newsweek, what I want to say. The View, what I want to say. Trump shall become a trumpet, says the Lord! I will raise up the Trump to become a trumpet and Bill Gates to open up the gate of a financial realm for the Church, says the Spirit of the Living God! "

https://www.kimclement.com/prophecyview.php?id=11&search=trump

There are others, many others.  Again Google it.

This is a lot different than a "Seek God's face, not God's hand" message, which simply says keep your focus on Me as you are doing for I have a plan for your life -  and don't ask Me to help you be President. For the rest of us it may be a job promotion, the blonde at work you have a crush on, winning the Powerball.  Sound advice for all of us.   For the secular world queue the Que Sera, Sera song.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 02:19:24 pm »
Trump is truly a cult of personality.  These people are all sick.

Yup!

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 02:26:57 pm »
I think Steve Deace is right when he says the evangelical church in America is sick.  These people think that deliverance will come from a pathological liar and strip club owner who mocks Christianity.

It's instructive to watch how they react when pressed on their conviction that Trump is God's anointed.  Usually the response is anger.  When Jerry Falwell, Jr. receives twitter pushback from his university students on his Trump support, he blocks them.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 02:27:58 pm »

Oh, but there is silly, then there is freeper level silly... Trump Pence = Trumpet = Revelation 11:15-18 - And the seventh angel sounded [the Trumpence]; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

IE, Trump Pence is God's Trumpet

Yep, freeper level silly.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 02:30:31 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 02:44:22 pm »
I see more of a parallel to 1 Samuel, where the ignorant throngs of phony believers refused to listen to God or his prophet Samuel and demanded a king—and got Saul, a certifiable psychopath.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2016, 03:01:38 pm »
This is the sentiment in heaven:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 03:12:50 pm »
I think Steve Deace is right when he says the evangelical church in America is sick.  These people think that deliverance will come from a pathological liar and strip club owner who mocks Christianity.

It's instructive to watch how they react when pressed on their conviction that Trump is God's anointed.  Usually the response is anger.  When Jerry Falwell, Jr. receives twitter pushback from his university students on his Trump support, he blocks them.

So true and so sad.  I used to identify as Evangelical or just simply Non Denominational.  That is what I am Non Denominational.  I only identify with Jesus.  What a bunch of hocus pocus that is being pushed.  I believe it is false worship.  Witchcraft.

Don't worship the golden calf.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 03:20:54 pm »

Its kinda like Alex Jones calling Trump the leader of the "Liberty Movement"

If your liberty movement needs an iron fisted authoritarian to lead it, you're doing it wrong.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 03:27:07 pm »
So true and so sad.  I used to identify as Evangelical or just simply Non Denominational.  That is what I am Non Denominational.  I only identify with Jesus.  What a bunch of hocus pocus that is being pushed.  I believe it is false worship.  Witchcraft.

Same here, I identify with and go to a Non Denominational church.  Not even sure what "evangelical" means anymore.   What it use to mean is spread the Good News to all the world. Morphed into a political movement, and a powerful one at that.

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2016, 04:09:32 pm »

That's exactly what it's become for some Trump supporters.  It was stunning for me to see the speed with which they abandoned themselves to it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 04:10:37 pm »

If your liberty movement needs an iron fisted authoritarian to lead it, you're doing it wrong.

How can Trump be leading a Liberty Movement when he has yet to mention the word "liberty"?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 07:50:27 pm »

False profits, false prophets...

2 Thessalonians 2:11King James Version (KJV)

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 07:55:30 pm »

It's just like anti-semites running hook, line and sinker to a man who married his daughter off to a Jewish media magnate. Under their own values, it just doesn't make any sense. There's a grand conspiracy, yet Trump, who has a documented closeness to the Clinton machine, is somehow not a part of it.

It just goes to show how much of a fraud these conspiracy-theory types really are.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2016, 07:57:20 pm »
It's just like anti-semites running hook, line and sinker to a man who married his daughter off to a Jewish media magnate. Under their own values, it just doesn't make any sense. There's a grand conspiracy, yet Trump, who has a documented closeness to the Clinton machine, is somehow not a part of it.

It just goes to show how much of a fraud these conspiracy-theory types really are.

Here the "Anti Establishment" candidate embraces the establishment Chairman.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 03:06:32 am »
Same here, I identify with and go to a Non Denominational church.  Not even sure what "evangelical" means anymore.   What it use to mean is spread the Good News to all the world. Morphed into a political movement, and a powerful one at that.

I am not sure either.  BTW I am a fellow Washingtonian.  Yes the Evangelicals have morphed into politics.  I was thinking this morning while at work about how the people expected Jesus to be a warrior against Roman rule.  And the people are still looking for a false savior.

Since people are using the Isaiah as justification to call Trump the anointed one I would like to take a look at Triumphant Entry.

Here is a portion of a sermon. (found on internet)

Oh but the expectations were exponential. They were off the chart. The waving of palm branches is significant, because this is what was done when the Maccabees those great war heroes had recaptured Jerusalem in the second century B.C. The people wanted to see Jesus as the conquering hero like Simon Maccabee, but Jesus’ choice of steed, and Scriptural allusion augured something else altogether—a king of peace, a kingdom of non-violence, a kingdom where self-sacrificial suffering and martyrdom not killing was the means of salvation and redemption, a kingdom where the swords will be beat into plowshares and we shall study war no more, was what Jesus had in mind. Jesus did not come to meet the people’s expectations, he came to meet their needs.

The cry Hosanna (see Ps. 118.25) seems to in fact be a plea in Hebrew meaning “Save Now!”. The crowds were crying out for a particular kind of political liberation it would appear on the spot, but Jesus had another idea in mind entirely of what made for peace, what made for pacification of our warring madness, what made for liberation and redemption. The real enemy was not Romans or Greeks, or foreigners in general. The real enemy lurked within the hearts of every fallen person—it is called sin.

http://benwitherington.blogspot.com/2007/04/hinge-of-history-palm-sunday-sermon.html

I see believers being whipped into a frenzy over Trump.  Trump not rolling in on a donkey but being the false prophet he comes in all his riches promising to save all the people.  Making all kinds of promises.  See them waving the branches? 

I was wondering if anyone caught this? Quoting Trump from lead post:

"we can open up the voices of great people and the pastors and the ministers, and the priests and the rabbis and the people of religion. I think that will be something I will be so proud of".     

Oh I just wanted to say I am not endorsing any church, pastor or sermon.  I took a snippet of a sermon off the internet to make a point about Triumphant entry.  And only the snippet represents what I have said.  It is a good sermon though and worth a read.  I think that it is good insight to the campaign.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 03:22:12 am by Chosen Daughter »

geronl

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 12:08:40 pm »
You know I really don’t even want to think about it because it’s too big of a burden

Thinking is hard