Author Topic: Nets Cover Muslim Fencer 100x More Than Faith of Christian Gymnasts  (Read 474 times)

rangerrebew

Nets Cover Muslim Fencer 100x More Than Faith of Christian Gymnasts
By Alatheia Nielsen and Katie Yoder | August 12, 2016 | 9:37 AM EDT
shares

Winning is a matter of faith for some of Team America at the Rio Olympics. Except journalists only seemed to care about Islamic faith and almost nothing about Judeo-Christian beliefs. So much so that the broadcast networks covered the Islamic faith of one Olympian more than 100 times more than the Judeo-Christian beliefs of five gold-medal winners.

When the U.S. women’s gymnastics landed a gold medal Tuesday evening, the broadcast networks spent 22 minutes, 35 seconds celebrating the win and interviewing the girls. Only 0.6 percent of the coverage mentioned the girls’ faith, even though several of them clearly expressed that God was their inspiration for competing.

In contrast, the networks dedicated 13 minutes, 25 seconds to Muslim fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad simply because she was the first American athlete to wear a hijab while competing in the Olympics. The networks began covering her a full three days before the Olympics even began.

“For thirty-year-old Ibtihaj Muhammad, identity is important,” CBS News correspondent Elaine Quijano said on the August 2 This Morning, “She’s a Muslim woman, and an African-American and an Olympic fender.”

Source URL: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/alatheia-nielsen/2016/08/12/nets-cover-muslim-fencer-100x-more-faith-christian

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Nets Cover Muslim Fencer 100x More Than Faith of Christian Gymnasts
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 02:33:20 pm »
The oil money that has poured into the Middle East is being returned in bribes of the politicans.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline unknown

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 05:01:55 pm »
“For thirty-year-old Ibtihaj Muhammad, identity is important,” CBS News correspondent Elaine Quijano said on the August 2 This Morning, “She’s a Muslim woman, and an African-American and an Olympic fender.”

hmmmm, is she an American?

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 02:06:35 am »
The oil money that has poured into the Middle East is being returned in bribes of the politicans.

Hmmm... if it were oil money that were to blame for this, then the trend should be easily fixed, since West Texas, a stronghold of the Baptist variety of Christianity now controls the oil market.

I think you misattribute the evil convictions of the left (of which the American media is now a part) to veniality, when, in fact, hatred of the Gospel has been the most fundamental commitment of the left since it got that name from the seating arrangement in the French National Assembly.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.