Author Topic: Refuse To Choose Evil, Even If They Say It Is A Lesser Evil  (Read 1441 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Refuse To Choose Evil, Even If They Say It Is A Lesser Evil
« on: August 10, 2016, 06:08:05 pm »

Between Trump or Hillary, choosing either one of them is still choosing evil.

I marvel how American Christians having deceived themselves, can compartmentalize sin and evil into acceptable behaviors and choices.  From Adultery to Homosexual Marriage and all the other Commandments that have been ‘done away with’ in the mindset of this people, American Christians absolve themselves of any shame or guilt when engaging in routine sins.   How many self-identifying Christians today think it is okay or even GOOD to lie and deceive others if they think it is in the best interest?  How many who claim Christ  engage in sex outside of the sanctity of marriage and think God is okay with their lifestyle behavior?  How many self-identifying Christians think a woman has the right to kill her baby and that it is a worse sin to "judge" what a woman does with her own body?

American pastors and charlatan evangelists pushing the prosperity gospel have leavened the whole lump of the faith in this country, deceiving their flocks and many others into thinking themselves ‘cleansed’ by simply believing on the Name of Jesus; as if He were a magic talisman that never uttered the words ‘Go and sin no more”, or “To him who overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in my throne…” (Rev. 3:21).

As such, we now have a culture and people in America that have become desensitized to wickedness.  We cannot identify sin or are prohibited from doing so via political correctness, and as a result, we do not recognize real evil anymore.  Like everything else, evil is being redefined by those promoting it.    New definitions of immorality are championed as virtuous and our former national morality that forged us has been consigned to unacceptable evil by the majority.

Christians today engage in classifying sin and evil into categories of bad, badder and worse – or – a necessary evil.  America has fulfilled the Isaiah 5:20 prophecy of woe by declaring evil to be a good, while good is routinely declared to be an evil, by those who claim to read the Word of God no less.

The fruits of this ‘conditioning’ to declare some evils and sins as worse than other evils and sins is perfectly manifested in the two “candidates” running for the Presidency this year.  In fact, it is being preached by the rabid Trump militants that because Hillary is the worst sort of evil, that voting for Trump is no longer a choice – but a moral and patriotic imperative, because his ‘evils’ are lesser, and hers are greater.

I have read the proverb flung from the Trump faithful that insist that the ‘perfect is the enemy of the good’, which declares anyone who will not bend the knee and vote for their champion as an enemy, a traitor to the nation.   They insist that because no candidate is perfect, we must choose one whose personal moral character and behavior is so reprehensible that the candidate himself is unfit to hold any church office whatsoever:

The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of an overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, double-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.  He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God’s church?  He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil.  Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.

Deacons likewise must be dignified, not double-tongued, not addicted to much wine, not greedy for dishonest gain.  They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. And let them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless. – I Timothy 3: 1-10

While Trump may not engage in drunkeness, he has bragged openly about his adulterous affairs and conquests of other men’s wives.  He has not kept his own wedding vows, and routinely demonstrates he is quarrelsome, double-minded, slanderous, a lover of money (braggart that he is on his wealth), undignified and disrespectable.

How can Christians assume that a man who cannot maintain his own personal wedding vows or control his tongue and temper while engaging in the politics of personal destruction, is a man fit to hold the most powerful office in the world?

“But Hillary is worse!”,  it is shouted.

The argument that Hillary’s proclivity for evil is a known fact, and therefore the benefit of Trump is that his use of evil to govern is an unknown evil that is preferable to the known evil.  This is an interesting argument. 

While there is no political record to measure Trump’s fruits by,  his own personal record, interviews and his press events reveal the fruits of a man who apparently admires tyrants.   He asserted that the Chinese government’s massacre in Tiananmen Square was a strength to admire; that Saddam Hussein’s dictatorship and how he dealt with dissidents (or terrorists) was a measure of strength and stability in Iraq. Then there’s praise of North Korea’s dictator Kim Jung Un and of course Trump’s positive views of Vladimir Putin.]Trump’s positive views of Vladimir Putin.  The  common denominator is raw, unapologetic brute force.  Not too dissimilar from Trump’s campaign of personal public destruction of Conservative Republicans who have refused to endorse him.  What happens when such a man has the ability to muster military and police forces to his will?

Trump has revealed he admires statist regimes that crush dissent – the governing by raw force and death.  Based on his words, that is not an unknown evil as the acolytes assert.  It is a known evil that most are choosing to ignore because they fear Hillary more.

Couple that with the facts Trump said he said he could shoot someone in cold blood and he would not lose a single voter; Tweeted and retweeted a quote from Fascist Benito Mussolini and got angry that people were upset over it; and kept a book containing the “My new order speeches” of Adolf Hitler by his bedside for reading pleasure.

Who says and reads such things?  Is that a stable mind worthy of the office of POTUS?

But… but…. HILLARY!

Such is the exclamation with the palpable fears of someone worse than Obama continuing the collapse of the country.  Hillary is indeed a known evil.  One of massive corruption to enrich herself by any and all means, and to further her quest for power.   Trump is just an unknown evil, regardless of the fact he has the mind of a tyrant.    His bizarre and punitive statements advocating expansion of libel laws against anyone who says things that are not nice to him should send up similar alarm bells of those worried about Hillary gutting the Second Amendment.   Trump attacking other Republicans and journalists is routinely ignored and not up for consideration that the fruits of this man are just as reprehensible for a Christian to consider supporting as they are of Hillary.

“But it’s one or the other – you must choose!  If not, your choice will be made for you by someone else and Hillary will win!”

When citing that verse in 1 Timothy as my reason for refusing to vote for either morally reprehensible “choice” this year, I am lectured that we are not voting for a pope or pastor, so the application of scripture is invalid.  A definitive statement made as if the moral law only applies to church people and does not apply to someone ruling over an entire nation.  To demand ‘perfection’ in a political candidate they say is just… evil.   They again utter the ‘perfect is the enemy of the good’ proverb, which in itself is absurd because it renders Jesus’ own admonition to Christians in Matthew 5:8 to be totally null and void. But American Christians today have become experts in justifying all kinds of sin and evil as acceptable and even necessary.

Which brings to mind another admonition from Jesus:

“Why do you call me Lord, Lord and not do the things which I say?” – Luke 6:46

Why indeed?

Christians medicate themselves on the culturally false doctrines that teach repentance and overcoming sin are no longer necessary, and that the only sin by which they think they are held to account is to declare sin for what it is, that dreaded ‘do not judge’ heresy that prohibits Americans from judging good from evil.

Perhaps that is the leading contributor to the newfound belief that choosing evil is a good thing compared to what they think is a greater evil.  It’s how a people decide that sex no matter how they enjoy it, is better than being confined to matrimony and why killing an infant in the womb is better than raising an ‘unwanted’ child.

It perfectly explains the two “choices” of evil that we are presented with this November.   Which I will declare ladies and gentlemen (and transgendered… whatever you call yourselves), is an indictment of We The People.  Both of those horrible candidates are a reflection of the character of the people in this country who selected them to rule us.

“Vote Trump to save SCOTUS!  We know Hillary will turn the Supreme Court and our rights will be declared unConstitutional!”

I do not share the blind faith and belief that Trump is going to nominate Justices that will uphold and defend what is left of the Constitution. The fact so many have already surrendered to the belief that SCOTUS can write law, decree law and strike down whatever it disagrees with and therefore make law by gavel, engenders the desperation to save the high court from dissolving our liberties. Which proves two things: we already live in a tyranny – and that this people are as ignorant of the Constitution and their inalienable rights as the Leftists are.

The “binary choice” of either Hillary or Trump is no different than being presented with the "binary choice" of being boiled alive in oil, or being burned alive at the stake.  Which would you take?  The end result is exactly the same no matter which one you choose. 

I refuse to make that choice and I have other plans. Should such a choice be ‘forced’ upon us via shaming and intimidation – then it simply confirms the fact that your countrymen do not think much of liberty and/or that you cannot be trusted with it.  As such, we have grown comfortable with living in a tyranny devoid of liberty and would apparently applaud more heinous forms of despotism if it assuages fears.  Another ‘unknown evil’.  Which is really not an unknown.  History is replete with many lessons when demagogues who prey on a people's fears are lofted into power.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:21:00 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

Re: Refuse To Choose Evil, Even If They Say It Is A Lesser Evil
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 10:43:19 am »
As between two evils, there is almost always a greater and a lesser:  theft is evil, but less evil than murder.  However, it seems to me that at a certain point the distinction no longer matters, and all you have left is evil:  an assassin - a person who kills in cold blood for pay - may be more evil than someone who murders out of hate, but the distinction is meaningless because murder is simply evil, no matter how its down or by whom.