Author Topic: The Anti-Trump Right's Sad Quest for Respectability  (Read 483 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

The Anti-Trump Right's Sad Quest for Respectability
« on: August 13, 2016, 12:15:07 am »
The Anti-Trump Right's Sad Quest for Respectability
American Thinker, Aug 8, 2016, Jack Cashill

.../

I have been praying for the wisdom to understand the lace curtain, anti-Trump right – the Weekly Standard, National Review, Commentary, even The American Spectator.  But it was not until I saw the Cato mailer that my overriding sentiment crystallized.  These people are pathetic, deluded, fearful.  They are frightened someone will think them vulgar or nutty or, God forbid, racist.  They are the "bleep" Clint Eastwood warned us about.

Instead of advancing our embattled causes this past year, they devoted much of their time to writing gleeful Trump-bashing editorials.  The common core of these editorials might be distilled as "How could you all be so stupid?"  The "stupid" include not only those who supported Trump in the primary, but also those of us, like myself, who supported Trump after our candidates fell by the wayside.

Willfully oblivious of recent history, the lace-curtain crowd fail to see that if their chosen candidate had been nominated – say, Jeb Bush or Scott Walker or Marco Rubio – the media would have customized an attack strategy to take down that candidate just as savagely.  Even if Carly Fiorina or Ben Carson were the nominee, the media would have somehow managed to portray either of them as "unbelievably racist, misogynistic and homophobic."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/08/the_antitrump_rights_sad_quest_for_respectability.html#ixzz4HANNn6Pr

Offline sinkspur

Re: The Anti-Trump Right's Sad Quest for Respectability
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 12:21:35 am »
Already posted.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 12:25:10 am »
So we aren't supporting Trump because of the media's customized attack strategy for him?  Seriously, that's the dumbest supposed explanation for why conservatives won't support Trump I have heard.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 12:56:20 am »
So we aren't supporting Trump because of the media's customized attack strategy for him?  Seriously, that's the dumbest supposed explanation for why conservatives won't support Trump I have heard.

Trump has been a celebrity lowlife for more than 30 years. I didn't need the modern media to figure him out.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 01:56:39 am »
Willfully oblivious of recent history, the lace-curtain crowd fail to see that if their chosen candidate had been nominated – say, Jeb Bush or Scott Walker or Marco Rubio – the media would have customized an attack strategy to take down that candidate just as savagely.  Even if Carly Fiorina or Ben Carson were the nominee, the media would have somehow managed to portray either of them as "unbelievably racist, misogynistic and homophobic."
The difference is that no one has to customize an attack strategy against Trump. All anyone has to do is turn on the microphones and let him talk. Everything against him is stuff he's already said. No one has to distort it out of context, spread innuendo or anything. It's all public record!

Ironically, he has no record of what he would do when actually IN government.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 02:08:04 am »
Already posted.

She can't keep up.  Busy deleting posts and all.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 02:04:31 pm »
She can't keep up.  Busy deleting posts and all.

Not yet, @Wingnut   888blackhat

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 03:34:28 pm »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.