Author Topic: Khizr Khan asks McCain to rebuke Trump  (Read 1570 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Khizr Khan asks McCain to rebuke Trump
« on: August 12, 2016, 03:47:38 pm »
August 12, 2016, 09:48 am
Khizr Khan asks McCain to rebuke Trump

By Jessie Hellmann

Khizr Khan, the father of a slain U.S. soldier, called on Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and other Republicans to rebuke their party's nominee, Donald Trump.

Khan, who delivered a powerful rebuke of Trump at the Democratic National Convention last month, has said in the past that he greatly admires McCain.

“I implore Sen. McCain ... I continue to implore all of the good Republicans who either support or are going to vote for their party’s candidate, this will be a historic moment in the Republican Party,” Khan said Tuesday during an interview with Cronkite News.

“If you publicly rebuked him, you will look back and you will stand tall in front of the nation and you will say you were not for this, we were for [a] better America,” he said.

Trump attacked Khan and his family following his remarks at the convention, prompting backlash from McCain and others.

But McCain still says he will support the Republican nominee.

“Arizona is watching," McCain said in a statement last week. "It is time for Donald Trump to set the example for our country and the future of the Republican Party. While our Party has bestowed upon him the nomination, it is not accompanied by unfettered license to defame those who are the best among us."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/291234-khizr-khan-asks-mccain-to-rebuke-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Khizr Khan asks McCain to rebuke Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 03:48:39 pm »
This guy just won't drop it and now brings McCain into it...he is a tool for the Democrat Party and is probably on their payroll
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 04:00:06 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 03:52:12 pm »
This guy just won't drop it and now brings McCain into it...he is a too for the Democrat Party and is probably on their payroll

So?  I also ask McCain and Ryan and Ayotte and every other balless Republican to rebuke Trump.  He's dragging them down with him.

Why are they so afraid of Trump's supporters?  There just aren't that many of them.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 03:55:22 pm »
So?  I also ask McCain and Ryan and Ayotte and every other balless Republican to rebuke Trump.  He's dragging them down with him.

Why are they so afraid of Trump's supporters?  There just aren't that many of them.

So one is actually calling Senator Tom Cotton with two tours of Iraq balless? Really??

Trump won the nomination. If one does not care for democracy; there's always North Korea.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 03:57:46 pm »
People in Khan's religion would not think twice about vaporizing an American city, Khan himself is a supporter of Sharia law.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 04:00:03 pm »
So one is actually calling Senator Tom Cotton with two tours of Iraq balless? Really??

Trump won the nomination. If one does not care for democracy; there's always North Korea.

You and I both know that McCain and Ryan and Ayotte despise Trump.  They're just afraid to say so.

Cotton's more of a cowboy, so he likes Trump's belligerence and tough guy schtick. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 04:01:40 pm »

By November true blue Trump supporters will number about 15%, with another 15% as an anti-Hitlerly vote.

DJT soon will be in McGovern territory at this rate.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 04:01:42 pm »

Everybody addressed this weeks ago...Khan is just trying to get it back in the news again.
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 04:03:11 pm »
Everybody addressed this weeks ago...Khan is just trying to get it back in the news again.

Yep, Clinton camp thinks they can milk this one all the way to the election.  And it might work.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »
This guy just won't drop it and now brings McCain into it...he is a tool for the Democrat Party and is probably on their payroll

A lot of light shed on that here:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,220252.msg1012686.html#msg1012686
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 04:18:08 pm »

I'm not that cynical.  He was asked for an interview, it seems. 

This is not as much about Khan as it is about the media keeping the story alive.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 05:01:01 pm »

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 05:05:54 pm »
McCain or Khan?

HonestJohn

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 11:54:32 pm »

I think that the fame was addicting.  That, and after Trump attacked his wife, he's furious with Trump.

Fame and vengeance...

HonestJohn

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 11:56:31 pm »
People in Khan's religion would not think twice about vaporizing an American city, Khan himself is a supporter of Sharia law.

No, he isn't.

The work he wrote was a study *ON* Sharia law.  Not a persuasive paper in support *OF* it.