Author Topic: The Power of Trumps Hypnotic Technique!! NAILED Right Here!!!  (Read 5086 times)

Offline Vulcan

Re: The Power of Trumps Hypnotic Technique!! NAILED Right Here!!!
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2016, 04:06:46 am »

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 05:45:04 am »
Exactly.  I would be more likely to buy a 2016 set of hard cover World Books Encyclopedias in the age of computers from a door-to-door salesman than I would cast a vote for Trump.  Or some other thing I don't need.  At least I could see some value in that.  Trump is like voting for a wrecking ball just to stop the other wrecking ball.

This is a very important point.  The trumpbots are all waving the arms, screaming WE HAVE TO STOP HILLARY!! and WE NEED TO KEEP THE DEMOCRATS OUT!!  Overlooked is the little matter that our idiot is little or no better than their idiot.  Well...at least our idiot is not incontinent.  Yet.

They cannot scare thinking voters with the Us-Or-Them war-cry.  They have to make the case why US is better than THEM.

They're not making it now because their candidate, "Our" candidate, cannot honestly make it and isn't even interested in trying.

Wingnut

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 06:44:49 am »
Works on the weak minded, it does.

These aren't the droids you're looking for. He can go about his business. Move along.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2016, 07:36:06 am »
I remain immune. Perhaps I have just been on this earth long enough to know better when a two-bit grifter tries to lead me down the garden path... And I always have my tin patch ready.

And as far as it goes, I sure wouldn't call Trump a master at it - I've seen better lines out of used car salesmen. How the guy sells anything to anyone is the marvel to me.
I met a woman back East years ago who did this head bobbing thing while she was laying the sales pitch on you. Impressive, almost cobra-like, and solid eye contact, smoooth voice.

But I still thought Blue crab should be eaten, not summarily protected as one of Gaia's Living Creatures.
(Given a role reversal, they'd do the same for me.)

Still, she'd suck you in with the head movements, vocal tones, and eye contact so you barely heard the words.

Trump has no where near that level of finesse, and he does that chin tuck thing which is so stinking smug it's irritating.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2016, 08:19:16 am »
I remain immune. Perhaps I have just been on this earth long enough to know better when a two-bit grifter tries to lead me down the garden path... And I always have my tin patch ready.

And as far as it goes, I sure wouldn't call Trump a master at it - I've seen better lines out of used car salesmen. How the guy sells anything to anyone is the marvel to me.

Part of the technique lies in projecting an aura of success, which the more notorious of the televangelists have perfected. The average person sees success in terms of outward and materialistic appearances ... the ostentatious displays of wealth, the clothes, the cars, the airplanes, the mansions, the young and beautiful women. He sees that, of course envies it, and rationalizes that it's all the result of whatever the huckster is selling.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2016, 12:25:11 pm »
Lonesome Rhodes: Rednecks, crackers, hillbillies, hausfraus, shut-ins, pea-pickers - everybody that's got to jump when somebody else blows the whistle. They don't know it yet, but they're all gonna be 'Fighters for Fuller'. They're mine! I own 'em! They think like I do. Only they're even more stupid than I am, so I gotta think for 'em. A Face in the Crowd (1957)

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2016, 12:30:07 pm »
These aren't the droids you're looking for. He can go about his business. Move along.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2016, 01:07:50 pm »

Still, she'd suck you in with the head movements, vocal tones, and eye contact so you barely heard the words.

Trump has no where near that level of finesse, and he does that chin tuck thing which is so stinking smug it's irritating.

Women can get at me... but only a certain few... I don't know if it's pheromones or what, tho normally, they're Southern.
Guys... never. Either they're friends, and I'd give them the shirt off my back, or they're not, and i'm in defense mode...

It might be fun to watch Trump for a while and work out all his tells - I know there's plenty, but I don't care to see him that much... or rather, at all.  But the tells are everywhere on him.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:08:46 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2016, 01:14:37 pm »
Part of the technique lies in projecting an aura of success, which the more notorious of the televangelists have perfected. The average person sees success in terms of outward and materialistic appearances ... the ostentatious displays of wealth, the clothes, the cars, the airplanes, the mansions, the young and beautiful women. He sees that, of course envies it, and rationalizes that it's all the result of whatever the huckster is selling.

The problem with the 'look at me' con, is that success is measured differently by different folks... you'd better read your mark and show up with the right things...

$5000 suits, limos, jets, penthouses, buckets of gold, and etc, all that don't mean sh*t to me, and it never has. Probably the same with most Conservatives... Maybe that's why he's doing so poorly among them.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 01:19:53 pm »
The problem with the 'look at me' con, is that success is measured differently by different folks... you'd better read your mark and show up with the right things...

$5000 suits, limos, jets, penthouses, buckets of gold, and etc, all that don't mean sh*t to me, and it never has. Probably the same with most Conservatives... Maybe that's why he's doing so poorly among them.

I grew up poor and actually feel like it gives me an advantage. I'm never impressed with "things". I value things like honor and dignity.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2016, 01:36:51 pm »
I grew up poor and actually feel like it gives me an advantage. I'm never impressed with "things". I value things like honor and dignity.

That's right... If I'm just meeting a guy, what will impress me is a callused hand, a bright eye, and a casual, calm demeanor. Down-at-the-heel don't bother me much - I went from financially secure to poor as a church mouse in about 6 months.... And that can happen to anyone. But honesty... Integrity... Doing the right thing, even when it's hard - That's the sort of thing that impresses me... and the sort of man that I'm gonna help and welcome any way I can.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2016, 02:13:59 pm »
Interesting video.  I continued listening to the next one
"Donald Trump's Debates: 5 Mental Tricks You Didn't Notice" .  It was even better. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LR6EA91zLo
I wonder if I'm immune because I just don't listen to any politician. I'm sure I miss out on a lot of great speeches because of it, but I cannot stand listening to politicians (even ones I like) talk. I would much rather read a speech than watch or listen to it.  I made it about a minute into that video and clicked the link to his blog to read about his theory instead. :)

Offline kartographer

Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2016, 03:40:57 pm »
I don't need that youtube from the urban Grizzy Adams on dope to explain the Trump cult-like following. It is the power of a Populist. They come from the Left, they come from the Right, and they come from even the pulpits of some churches such as the Word Faith movement.  Fortunately  for us, history shows there popularity at least on the political stage  has an expiration date. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2016, 03:45:08 pm »
I don't need that youtube from the urban Grizzy Adams on dope to explain the Trump cult-like following. It is the power of a Populist. They come from the Left, they come from the Right, and they come from even the pulpits of some churches such as the Word Faith movement.  Fortunately  for us, history shows there popularity at least on the political stage  has an expiration date.

A lot of it is just basic sales technique like never finishing a sentence so the listener can decide for themselves how the sentence should end. It works best on those desperate for a miracle.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2016, 03:47:12 pm »
Fortunately  for us, history shows there popularity at least on the political stage  has an expiration date.

As do narcissistic, bombastic, shock jocks btw...

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2016, 04:30:03 pm »
That's right... If I'm just meeting a guy, what will impress me is a callused hand, a bright eye, and a casual, calm demeanor. Down-at-the-heel don't bother me much - I went from financially secure to poor as a church mouse in about 6 months.... And that can happen to anyone. But honesty... Integrity... Doing the right thing, even when it's hard - That's the sort of thing that impresses me... and the sort of man that I'm gonna help and welcome any way I can.

Yup!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2016, 04:48:43 pm »
The persons being hypnotized have to agree to take leave of their senses. My big question is, why would anyone do that?

I was a licensed medical psychotherapist and used hypnosis when I thought it would help a patient (I took the training to do that).  You are correct the person has to "agree to take leave of their senses."  In other words, trust the therapist to do them no harm.  Some people cannot give up control and they will not be successful patients of hypnosis. 

An example of hypnosis:
My husband had cancer and a serious chemotherapy had to be done in the hospital due to the severity of that chemo.  I was told he would have nausea and throwing up and to come get them when that started.  My husband trusted me.  When he began to have nausea, I went out and notified them, then went back to the room and hypnotized him.  He went to sleep.  The nurses came in with the "stuff" to give him and saw him sleeping.  They asked what happened.

I told them I had hypnotized him and he was fine.  That scared them to death and they would not come into the room after that, afraid I would hypnotize them.  They asked me if the doctor knew I was going to do that and I told them yes, I told the doctor at the beginning of his chemo treatments I would do that.

Another one:
A friend of mine had a friend of hers in the hospital for chemo, and she wanted me to go with her to that hospital to use hypnosis to help her friend get through the chemo.  I did that and it was successful; she got through the chemo without side effects.

Another one:
A woman who was a medical drug saleswoman came to my office with her drug info. and had a bad backache.  I asked her if she trusted me to use hypnosis to help her pain.  She said yes.  I did that and she woke up without pain.  If that pain was caused by a muscle spasm, that muscle relaxed during that time and the pain likely would not come back.  If it was a real medical cause, it would, of course, come back.

I hypnotize myself when I go to a dentist.  Man, I hate dentists.  In earlier years I told someone I would rather go to the gynecologist than to the dentist.  Women will understand how gross it is to go to their gynecologist :o) - well, that shows I really hate dentists. :o) 

I had a male patient who was the most uptight patient I ever had.  I didn't suggest hypnosis with him as I knew it would never work.  He would not have given up control even though he knew me well. 

People who use group hypnosis for fun and money:
I detest these people.  I would never do it.  They use this technique to get people to do silly things so other people will laugh at them.  That is malpractice to me.

So, hypnosis is useful in some cases.  Now, if my dear friend, CatherineofAragon, was with me, I might hypnotize her to do silly things – I can be bribed with money if someone wants me to do that.  :whistle:

@austingirl, @Bigun, @catfish1957, @CatherineofAragon, @Cripplecreek,
@Cyber Liberty, @DB@don-o @EC, @ExFreeper, @goodwithagun,
@Gov Bean Counter, @Hoodat, @Just_Victor, @mlizzy, @mrpotatohead,
@mystery-ak, @NavyCanDo, @Unlimited, @sinkspur, @Smokin Joe,
@starstruck, @Timber Rattler, @Wingnut, @IsailedawayfromFR, AllThatJazzZ

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2016, 12:36:11 am »
@Victoria33

Interesting stories about hypnosis. I always thought that Obama used neurolinguistic programming to hypnotize vulnerable people during his campaign in 2008.
I don't believe Trump has the knowledge or ability to use this technique. I attribute his influence over his followers to having a disgruntled financially strapped electorate that are susceptible to a cult of personality. Obama also is a cult figure but more sophisticated about using NLP. What do you think?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2016, 03:18:12 am »
@Victoria33

Interesting stories about hypnosis. I always thought that Obama used neurolinguistic programming to hypnotize vulnerable people during his campaign in 2008.
I don't believe Trump has the knowledge or ability to use this technique. I attribute his influence over his followers to having a disgruntled financially strapped electorate that are susceptible to a cult of personality. Obama also is a cult figure but more sophisticated about using NLP. What do you think?
@austingirl

Naturally I watched Obama do his thing.  He went by a script and his delivery was smooth.  He was thin and tall and women fell in love with this man who was so "cool".  He spoke on a conversational level, like he was right by their side.  Some younger women did faint.  "It would be wonderful if this cool guy was president.  Oh, he's going to be near my town, I'll go, give me an Obama sign, he is the coolest!"

Trump uses language others won't use in public but use around their house.  That is one reason why the less educated tend to love him.  "Man, he uses words I would like to say to those goof balls - good for him!  Say some more!."  I can use JR for this.  I think he loved Trump's nasty/tacky words against the government and other candidates and all Democrats.  I think he sees himself in Trump - he can't physically do it but Trump can, so on with Trump to the end.  I think he identified with Trump language but had trouble identifying with Cruz language - for many people, Trump was "in your face" great - Cruz quoted the constitution "intelligently"  -  "in your face" won over "intelligence".

Trump is a novelty - "What is that crazy man going to do next?  Oh, wow, he just called that man a crook!" 
"Wow, he said he could shoot someone and that person would still vote for him!"  Many people are sucked into this.  Many of us aren't.

Offline kartographer

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2016, 06:07:26 am »
[quote
I hypnotize myself when I go to a dentist.  Man, I hate dentists.  In earlier years I told someone I would rather go to the gynecologist than to the dentist.  Women will understand how gross it is to go to their gynecologist :o) - well, that shows I really hate dentists. :o) 

@austingirl, @Bigun, @catfish1957, @CatherineofAragon, @Cripplecreek,
@Cyber Liberty, @DB@don-o @EC, @ExFreeper, @goodwithagun,
@Gov Bean Counter, @Hoodat, @Just_Victor, @mlizzy, @mrpotatohead,
@mystery-ak, @NavyCanDo, @Unlimited, @sinkspur, @Smokin Joe,
@starstruck, @Timber Rattler, @Wingnut, @IsailedawayfromFR, AllThatJazzZ
[/quote]

As far as dentist I know what you mean, but when I became a serious prepper I got over it the best I could using a combination of music and sheer will power. I owe my conversion also to having watched a certain little movie called 'Cast Away'.

Now for my funny story!

A few years ago I was having some work done a few days before Halloween. The Dentist and her Dental Assistant were discussing what they were going to wear to a Halloween that they were attending. Right in the middle I busted out laughing and they had to stop what they were doing and asked me what was so funny. I told the Dentist that she should go to the party just the way she was because a Dentist was the scariest thing I could think of!  :tongue2:
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2016, 09:49:36 am »

Now for my funny story!

A few years ago I was having some work done a few days before Halloween. The Dentist and her Dental Assistant were discussing what they were going to wear to a Halloween that they were attending. Right in the middle I busted out laughing and they had to stop what they were doing and asked me what was so funny. I told the Dentist that she should go to the party just the way she was because a Dentist was the scariest thing I could think of!  :tongue2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2016, 06:42:15 pm »
Quote from: kartographer
[member=12364
kartographer[/member]
As far as dentist I know what you mean, but when I became a serious prepper I got over it the best I could using a combination of music and sheer will power. I owe my conversion also to having watched a certain little movie called 'Cast Away'.

Now for my funny story!

That is a funny story.  Thanks for posting it.