Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

Your Bill of Rights. What's It Actually Worth To You?

(1/4) > >>

To-Whose-Benefit?:
On a scale of 1 to 10 how many here believe that the Bill of Rights is their personal property?

How many believe that the Bill of Rights protects them from government, or is Supposed to protect them from government?

We can all expound upon the never ending erosion of it with example after example, but the question is, at base, as a bedrock starting point, WHAT is the ENTIRE Bill of Rights actually worth to you?

To-Whose-Benefit?:
2 days. 27 views. No responses.

Looks like we don't give our Rights much thought today.

RoosGirl:
It's worth my giving up on the two party system and voting Constitution Party this year as they seem to be the only ones that reference it in their party platform.

Idaho_Cowboy:
I'm going to be cynical and say somewhere between a double mocha and our lives. I've been coming to the realization that most people don't think in terms of rights anymore. They in terms of oughts. There ought to be a law, people ought to eat healthy, etc. Few people ask if the government or others have an right to impose these oughts. As for me give me liberty or give me death. Just my 2 cents.

dfwgator:

--- Quote from: Idaho_Cowboy on August 12, 2016, 07:13:32 pm ---I'm going to be cynical and say somewhere between a double mocha and our lives. I've been coming to the realization that most people don't think in terms of rights anymore. They in terms of oughts. There ought to be a law, people ought to eat healthy, etc. Few people ask if the government or others have an right to impose these oughts. As for me give me liberty or give me death. Just my 2 cents.

--- End quote ---
Hammer, meet nail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version