Author Topic: POLL: Should Ted Cruz Put His Name on the Ballot by Friday?  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Resp3

Re: POLL: Should Ted Cruz Put His Name on the Ballot by Friday?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 05:17:38 pm »
What ballot is Beck talking about here? There are 50 state ballots. Ted has missed the deadline for many if not most.

The election is less than 90 days away. There is no conceivable way Ted could do any good by "getting his name on the ballot".

Geez. Typical Glenn Beck.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 05:20:44 pm »
What ballot is Beck talking about here? There are 50 state ballots. Ted has missed the deadline for many if not most.

The election is less than 90 days away. There is no conceivable way Ted could do any good by "getting his name on the ballot".

Geez. Typical Glenn Beck.

About 20 states have Independent registration deadlines on Friday. However, I think about 16 of those has some sort of 'sore loser' law that prevents someone who was a candidate in another party register as an independent.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 05:24:25 pm »
   I don't see an UPSIDE to this.

He will already be blamed for EVERYTHING by the Trumpsters.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Resp3

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 05:26:57 pm »
About 20 states have Independent registration deadlines on Friday. However, I think about 16 of those has some sort of 'sore loser' law that prevents someone who was a candidate in another party register as an independent.

Thank you for that decent answer. I like Ted Cruz. No question. But Glenn Beck is a total idiot. He brought nothing to the Cruz campaign except ridicule and scorn.

Leave it to Beck to phrase such a poorly worded "poll".

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 05:27:03 pm »
Beck is clueless.

What would the point be? If Cruz did something like this it would just help hillary. Cruz would have no chance of winning and he would have no chance of being the nominee in 2020.

We are stuck with the disaster called Trump. The only hope is that conservatives can gain seats in the House and Senate and that the damage done by hillary can be undone in the future.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 05:32:55 pm »
   I don't see an UPSIDE to this.

He will already be blamed for EVERYTHING by the Trumpsters.

Long term I wonder what will happen to the Trump supporters after the election. If a conservative is the nominee the next time around will they support that person, or will they insist on only supporting a populist/nationalist? IOW, has Trump guaranteed GOP minority status for a generation?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 05:50:08 pm »
Long term I wonder what will happen to the Trump supporters after the election. If a conservative is the nominee the next time around will they support that person, or will they insist on only supporting a populist/nationalist? IOW, has Trump guaranteed GOP minority status for a generation?
He's been all the things Republicans have been accused of being for the last 50 years. He's making a mockery of the conservative movement and the Republican party.

My concern is that the base of the party is not composed of liberty loving conservatives and members of a silent majority as we thought. Instead, the base has become a bunch of racist white guys who want to get their hand in the federal cookie jar. If that is the case, we are toast.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 05:53:10 pm »
Beck is clueless.

What would the point be? If Cruz did something like this it would just help hillary. Cruz would have no chance of winning and he would have no chance of being the nominee in 2020.

We are stuck with the disaster called Trump. The only hope is that conservatives can gain seats in the House and Senate and that the damage done by hillary can be undone in the future.

He's been pushing for Romney to jump in and put his name on the ballot.

Oy....Romney?  :thud: No thank you.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 05:58:22 pm »
Beck is clueless.

Cruz is piloting a life boat away from the SS Trumptanic. Ted warned Captain Priebus about the looming Trumpberg that would sink the ship. Captain Priebus shouted "full speed ahead" (at the RNC). Ted responded accordingly. The ship is going down, too late to hand the reins over to Cruz.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 06:04:17 pm »

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 07:00:51 pm »
I'm 100% behind Cruz and he should NOT be putting his name on any ballots right now.

Let the GOPe embarrass themselves with Trump. When it all falls apart, he can rise to the occasion in 4 years.

It's 1976 and Jimmy Carter is about to win again.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 07:15:30 pm »
IOW, has Trump guaranteed GOP minority status for a generation?

Actually, demographics will have done that. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 08:52:35 pm »

From my understanding he wouldn't be putting his name on the ballot to run as an Independent, but rather he needs to 'qualify'/register to become a write in candidate.  In some states, because he was on the ballot and qualified in the primary as a candidate, (if I am understanding correctly) he would not be eligible to run as a write in candidate.  Election rules vary for each state.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 08:57:19 pm »
I vote no.

Don't give the idiots anything for traction.

Offline huldah1776

• Manasseh or Josiah
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 12:50:18 am »
No, Cruz control is needed in the Senate. At least a voice for constitutionalists even if the other 80% do nothing.
Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 03:46:26 am »
I'd say no.
He has nothing to gain now, and all to gain later.

"You got to know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em..."
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 03:46:58 am by GrouchoTex »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 04:23:08 am »
Cruz has already requested that nobody write in his name.  The only way we win is for Republicans to convince Trump to leave the race.  I don't think Cruz could be involved in such an effort, after Trump convinced so many people that he was conniving.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2016, 05:34:50 am »
No, let the ship go down hopefully without that idiot Trump at the wheel screaming a garbled "it was Cruz's fault" as the bubbles surface leaving only a slimy oily sheen on top of the water.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....