Author Topic: Holy war: Government tries to control church sermons. Warning against inclusion of anything that might 'offend'  (Read 398 times)

rangerrebew

Holy war: Government tries to control church sermons
Warning against inclusion of anything that might 'offend'
Published: 12 hours ago

An Iowa church just wants to be free to preach the gospel, but the state’s so-called nondiscrimination requirements could block the house of worship from doing just that.

Lawyers for the church are asking a federal court to prevent Iowa from censoring what the religious group can say about homosexuality, same-sex “marriage,” transgenderism and other related topics.

The case erupted when the state’s Civil Rights Commission first claimed the authority to control the content of sermons and then to define what’s religious.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/holy-war-government-tries-to-control-church-sermons/#X47uifVbMSJldaPz.99

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
And both candidates are the candidates for LGBTQ.  No religious liberty in a Trump vote.

1 John 1

Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

No need for Trump to ask forgiveness.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Make all the laws and requirements you want....

We will preach the gospel anyway.

geronl

It is also free speech, not just religion.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sadly, not only is this my home state, I even know one of the board members being sued. I haven't talked to them on how they feel about the issue, but it would be hard for me not to resign in that situation.

This whole thing, like most LGBTQ issues, is a farce. The liberals are up to their old hat tricks in trying to give their preferred special interest group special rights and privileges above and beyond the average person in society, in the attempt to create a caste system while passing it off as 'equality'. It's really a very cherry picked view of both the word and it's constitutional application.

Let's not forget that there is no basis in science for 'transgenderism'. It is strictly psychological based on how a person feels and wants, and completely subjective. Not only do liberals want to treat it as real, but they want to then take it and force the public to adhere to it with 'equal treatment' whether it be in a business or personal or even religious setting in this case.

Not only do they fail to honor 'equal treatment' equally, in that everyone with a psychological belief of identity is given the same status, but they raise something that is not fact but a belief, above the beliefs of everyone else in society. What it amounts to is a forced morality and set of beliefs for the whole nation under justification of the law.

And of course they only look at one amendment of the constitution when considering all this, letting their flawed view of 'equality' as the only consideration, while ignoring all other amendments, particularly the 1st, because in essence their forced morality is a merging of Church and State. There is also free speech considerations, among others. That doesn't begin to cover what such a position does to the rule of law, if you can let people 'identify' as whatever they choose. It opens the door to pretty much anything, from pedophilia to racism to sexism to use your imagination.

I think we've come to the line in the sand. If we as conservatives can't stop this, then the foundation is gone. Without rule of law we are back to medieval times of aristocrats and serfs. I hope victory can be salvaged here as a precedent to be built on.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 04:01:30 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

geronl

They tried something like that in Houston and it didn't work out too well.

I don't think churches should register with the IRS at all. None of their business what a group gathers to talk about, it's just a book club really, right? Nothing the government should have anything to say about.

If the church wants to do other things, they can set up a separate organization.

rangerrebew

I'm sure they also monitor what imams are preaching in mosques.  Yeah, right.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Shall I post what Louis Farrakhan said about same-sex marriage?
Countdown to Resignation

geronl

They already monitor what you are preaching.

In 1995 when they IRS shut down the Indianapolis Baptist Temple they had notes on the sermons going back to 1971.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
They already monitor what you are preaching.

In 1995 when they IRS shut down the Indianapolis Baptist Temple they had notes on the sermons going back to 1971.

Good, maybe some of them will come to know Jesus.

:amen:

Offline unknown

They tried something like that in Houston and it didn't work out too well.

I don't think churches should register with the IRS at all. None of their business what a group gathers to talk about, it's just a book club really, right? Nothing the government should have anything to say about.

If the church wants to do other things, they can set up a separate organization.

I generally agree with you. But then the IRS gives tax deductions for people giving to their church, but in order to this, the IRS requires the church to register as a 501c3. Now, this has the possibility of having the IRS control what churches say - you want that tax break, then do as the IRS says. The federal government uses their funding as a way of controlling, there are many other examples of this.

Churches need to refuse the 501c3. Ministries need to refuse the 501c3. Christian schools need to refuse the 501c3.

I know a Christian school that is not 501c3 because they don't want the potential control from the federal government. But then someone wanted to give a very large donation to the school, but then found out that they wouldn't get a tax write-off; so, no donation.

Look at how the government will force BYU to accept LBGTQESIEUXI(#&S)&LS%#! teachers, coaches, etc. This is happening in the news right now.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)