Author Topic: BLACK LIVES MATTER PROTESTER RUN OVER WHILE BLOCKING TRAFFIC [Play Stupid Games...]  (Read 2811 times)

Offline politicalwit

• MedRecruiterUSA, LLC
Nope.  It is why we have crosswalks.  It is why Jaywalking is a crime and drivers are not cited when pedestrians are at fault for the accident.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/transportation/pedestrian-crossing-50-state-summary.aspx

Agreed.  But that requires proving intent.

#BlackLivesSplatter  :whistle:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Whoever did that shooting needs to be identified and thrown in jail.  That is likely the only criminal act that occurred, other than an idiot who violated the safety of a driver by standing in a driving lane.

BTW, the title is misleading.  The protester did not block traffic.

Appears the cops are trying to locate the shooter(s).  http://fox2now.com/2016/08/10/police-searching-for-person-who-fired-shots-after-ferguson-protester-hit-by-car/   The article indicates the idiot was standing in the middle of a dark road texting on his phone when he was struck.

Statement by the Ferguson police Dept indicates the driver of the car was a Black Woman.  http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Corrected-Update-on-Ferguson-Protest-Accident-Shooting.html?soid=1120160437746&aid=ByDn4l396WI

Race was not a factor here, as a black ran over a black, and blacks were shooting at a black driver.

This is being buried by the media as it does not jive with its racism propaganda.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Mom MD

No matter what you think about what they are doing or why they are doing it, pedestrians always have the right of way. It doesn't matter if it is BLM, the Tea Party, or Hillary, someone walking across the street, for whatever reason, be it protest or transport, is not a 'target'.

In Colorado horses have the right of way  always. everywhere. But I never tried to prove the point by crossing a busy street on my horse to see what would happen   You can be technically right and very wrong all at the same time. 
God is still in control

Offline Suppressed

In Colorado horses have the right of way  always. everywhere. But I never tried to prove the point by crossing a busy street on my horse to see what would happen   You can be technically right and very wrong all at the same time.

First of all, one doesn't possess right-of-way.  Others yield it.

But I don't believe there's anything legally that states what you are implying.  In fact, for example, § 42-4-109.8 and § 42-4-109.13 of the Colorado Revised Statutes state:

§ 42-4-109. Motorized bicycles, animals, skis, skates, and toy vehicles on highways

(8) Persons riding or leading animals on or along any highway shall ride or lead such animals on the left side of said highway, facing approaching traffic. This shall not apply to persons driving herds of animals along highways.

(13) Any person who violates any provision of this section commits a class B traffic infraction.

So it would seem that riding with traffic would be illegal.

But again, I am not a lawyer.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ShadowAce

No matter what you think about what they are doing or why they are doing it, pedestrians always have the right of way.

No, they don't.  Try walking in the middle of the freeway and see who the police blame for you getting hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No matter what you think about what they are doing or why they are doing it, pedestrians always have the right of way. It doesn't matter if it is BLM, the Tea Party, or Hillary, someone walking across the street, for whatever reason, be it protest or transport, is not a 'target'.

Couple of things:

1. The guy hit was not a pedestrian.  He was standing in the middle of the street texting on his cell phone.  He might well have been lying down and sleeping in the road, definitely not walking.

2. As he was run over by a black woman, do you believe he was 'targeted' by her?  In fact, the only person 'targeted' was that black driver by the perps who shot after her, striking her car as she tried to remove herself from the mob.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington