Author Topic: Inside Clinton's GOP recruitment plan  (Read 658 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inside Clinton's GOP recruitment plan
« on: August 10, 2016, 02:01:46 am »
 Inside Clinton's GOP recruitment plan

The campaign is beginning to reap the rewards of a behind-the-scenes operation that was months in the making.

By Annie Karni

08/09/16 07:51 PM EDT

Updated 08/09/16 08:00 PM EDT

Day by day, the defectors are trickling out: Republican elected officials, bold-faced names from the George W. Bush administration, CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, all repudiating Donald Trump.

In one burst on Monday, 50 former Republican national security officials signed an open letter rejecting Trump’s qualifications to serve as commander in chief.

The unprecedented desertion of the GOP nominee by leading members of his own party — and their embrace of Hillary Clinton — is partly organic, but for the most part it’s being midwifed by the Clinton campaign, which is beginning to reap the rewards of a behind-the-scenes recruitment effort that’s been months in the making.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/hillary-clinton-recruiting-republicans-226843
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Inside Clinton's GOP recruitment plan
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 02:50:31 am »
These people are a complete disgrace.  it's one thing to not support Trump and to seek Conservative and/or Libertarian alternatives based on our principles, but quite another to actively support and work on behalf of Hillary.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 11:47:41 am »
These people are a complete disgrace.  it's one thing to not support Trump and to seek Conservative and/or Libertarian alternatives based on our principles, but quite another to actively support and work on behalf of Hillary.

Yep.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 12:37:22 pm »

Love or hate Trump, I cannot conceive of how anyone can rationally claim to have ever been a Republican, and then turn around and support Hillary.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 12:45:12 pm »
Love or hate Trump, I cannot conceive of how anyone can rationally claim to have ever been a Republican, and then turn around and support Hillary.

Rationalization is possible because it's easy to conclude that Trump's not a Republican.   His history is that of a New York liberal who's backed the Dems including DiBlasio and Hillary herself.   Some of the themes of his campaign are repugnant to traditional Republicans.

No,  it's easy to assess this race as merely Clinton vs. Trump, with no need to factor party loyalty into account.  On that basis, Trump is worse.   

I've voted Republican for forty years.   As far as I'm concerned,  the GOP isn't running a candidate for President this year.   As for the Trump Party, it has done nothing to earn or deserve my support.     
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:46:34 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 01:02:50 pm »
Rationalization is possible because it's easy to conclude that Trump's not a Republican.   His history is that of a New York liberal who's backed the Dems including DiBlasio and Hillary herself.   Some of the themes of his campaign are repugnant to traditional Republicans.

No,  it's easy to assess this race as merely Clinton vs. Trump, with no need to factor party loyalty into account.  On that basis, Trump is worse.   

I've voted Republican for forty years.   As far as I'm concerned,  the GOP isn't running a candidate for President this year.   As for the Trump Party, it has done nothing to earn or deserve my support.     

I'll jump out on a limb here and bet a dollar for donuts that to spite your dissatisfaction with the GOP's candidate, whom I will take it you're not voting for, you will still not be voting for Hillary.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 01:11:52 pm »
I'll jump out on a limb here and bet a dollar for donuts that to spite your dissatisfaction with the GOP's candidate, whom I will take it you're not voting for, you will still not be voting for Hillary.

I'll decide what to do on Election Day.  I'm in Pennsylvania, which is expected to be THE swing state.  What I want to do is vote for Gary Johnson and boost the libertarian cause.   But if the polls show a really tight race, I reserve my discretion to maximize the utility of my vote. 

Right now, it looks like Clinton will rout Trump in PA,  and gain perhaps a bigger landslide victory than LBJ or Nixon.  So right now, Johnson's got my vote for President.   

One thing's for certain -  I'll be voting for Pat Toomey, one of the good guys.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide