Author Topic: Supreme Court Justice's Wife Ginni Thomas Attacks Ted Cruz: I Thought He Cared For This Country  (Read 28052 times)

Offline roamer_1

Offline The_Reader_David

Why does it bother the cult so much that Ted doesn't endorse Trump?

For the same reason that it bothered Henry VIII that Thomas More would not endorse his marriage to Anne Boleyn.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That jibes with Cruz doing as well as he did with Millennials while Trump presumably locked down the nasty old fart vote.

He is the future of the opposition to the statists. Think I'll send his senate campaign another check.
Well, I have most definitely been described as an old fart, sometimes, an angry old fart and even a nasty old fart, but I just won't vote for that nasty, angry old fart Trump! :#@$%:

Wingnut

Waiting for Anita Hill's Take on The Trump Cruz endorsement saga

:whistle:

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Waiting for Anita Hill's Take on The Trump Cruz endorsement saga

:whistle:

She ran down to the market to pick up some cokes...

Wingnut

:thud:
 :nometalk: 888high58888

Offline skeeter

Well, I have most definitely been described as an old fart, sometimes, an angry old fart and even a nasty old fart, but I just won't vote for that nasty, angry old fart Trump! :#@$%:

Angry old fart here, too. But on this subject I'm solidly in the republican Millennial camp.

Offline Vulcan

I'm 52 and I loved it and I live it.

I'm older than that and I respect Cruz more because of it.

Trump is a New York liberal in the race to help Hillary win.  Why is Cruz supposed to endorse that?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Angry old fart here, too. But on this subject I'm solidly in the republican Millennial camp.

It amazes me that so many 'conservatives' are so willing to abandon long held cultural/social norms to endorse lowlife reality TV behavior.

Apparently when the paypal founder urged conservatives to abandon the "fake" culture wars, many took it as a signal to join the other side.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That jibes with Cruz doing as well as he did with Millennials while Trump presumably locked down the nasty old fart vote.

He is the future of the opposition to the statists. Think I'll send his senate campaign another check.

Not this part of the nasty old fart vote! Not by a LONG shot!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HonestJohn

I wonder how many more weeks with no apparent attempt to compete in battleground states and how many more ridiculous self destructive gaffes it will take before enough people conclude that Trump is in this thing for reasons other than winning?

His supporters want to see the GOP burn.  Anything that gets them to that goal is to be applauded.  Trump poisons the well of conservatism; therefore, to the Trump supporter... it is to be applauded.

They are nihilists seeking political suicide.  If you stay with them, they are likely to take you down with them in the process.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Supreme Court Justice's Wife Ginni Thomas Attacks Ted Cruz: I Thought He Cared For This Country

Me too, Ginni.....me too!    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

Ninety-one days before the election day, and Ted Cruz continues to be the focus of the Trump faction.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline R4 TrumPence

Supreme Court Justice's Wife Ginni Thomas Attacks Ted Cruz: I Thought He Cared For This Country

Me too, Ginni.....me too!    :shrug:

I think I can speak to us Trump supporters here when I say, we don't care whether he endorses Trump or not.

Doesn't make a difference.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline LonestarDream

I think I can speak to us Trump supporters here when I say, we don't care whether he endorses Trump or not.

Doesn't make a difference.

As a Cruz and Trump supporter, it would help.  Especially if had happened before the end of the convention.  At a minimum, Donald should just stay quiet .  Plenty of Hillary stuff to go after. 

At a minimum we TBR members should not make a big deal of this matter.  If we supported Ted in the primaries we can support Trump in the general.

We can also support Ted in the future-- the next filibuster.   
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:08:27 am by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Frank Cannon

What's Ginsburgs girlfriend have to say on the subject?

Offline GrouchoTex

Ouch!

:silly:

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

This is once more a damnation of those doing the attack than those being attacked. If Cruz encouraging people to vote their values and vote for the Constitution offends someone, maybe one should evaluate why your candidate doesn't live up to your values and the Constitution.

Who was Cruz implying we should vote for at the top of the ticket?

Second question - who do you think Cruz is voting for at the top of the ticket?

#NeverTrump = #ProHillary = #NationalSuicide
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:21:22 pm by Mod1 »

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

Ninety-one days before the election day, and Ted Cruz continues to be the focus of the Trump faction.

I can answer that.  As a former Cruz supporter (TX Senate, 2016 Primary), I am massively disappointed that this preening twit didn't man up and choose the right option (there were two) regarding the convention - 1) take the stage and honor your pledge to support the nominee or 2) stay home.  What he did was come into someone's party and make an a$$ of himself. 

And his "vote your conscience" bit was a weasel message, an anti-endorsement in effect.  It just gave a troubling insight into his TRUE character, which piles up on other troubling things exposed in the campaign (the Beck-related association is prime example). 

So in the end, we knew what we were getting if Trump won the nomination (FYI - I was banned from FR as an anti-Trump guy), but we've had our illusions shattered by Cruz in the aftermath of his defeat.  Just as the #NeverTrump/#ProHillary crowd on this site works day and night to discredit the only candidate standing in the way of eight more years of Clinton, I am personally going to take the opportunity to help make sure Cruz gets primaried in 2018.
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

Funny, yesterday you said you were putting me on ignore because I was a paid Trump shill.  Which is hilarious in two ways: 1) I was banned from FR during the purge of Cruz supporters and 2) you failed to put me on ignore. 

I'll also note that like many, you replied without bothering to respond to the post's questions, merely launched a personal attack. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:21:50 pm by Mod1 »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Funny, yesterday you said you were putting me on ignore because I was a paid Trump shill.  Which is hilarious in two ways: 1) I was banned from FR during the purge of Cruz supporters and 2) you failed to put me on ignore. 

I'll also note that like many, you replied without bothering to respond to the post's questions, merely launched a personal attack.

You are on ignore and it is my choice to pop in and comment. Back on ignore for you.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:47:19 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stop the personal attacks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

You are on ignore and it is my choice to pop in and comment on your stupidity. Back on ignore for you.

If you had half a brain you'd realize I'm not posting for your benefit, but as a means of reaching out to lurkers so they can see an alternative view to the deranged Trump hatred spewed by you and your fellow closeted Hillary supporters.  Every time you make an ad hominem attack without addressing my argument, you show the general weakness of your cause.  In doing so, perhaps someone will walk away from the thread better equipped to make an informed choice about their vote and the future of the Republic (such as it is).

So, I could ignore you, but responding to you is so much more effective in the long run.  Please do keep up the good work!

Offline wolfcreek

Doesn't bother many voters but, it's called "unity" in an effort to defeat the Beast.

It would just be nice.