Author Topic: Trump: I’m not changing strategy or my temperament  (Read 4409 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: I’m not changing strategy or my temperament
« on: August 09, 2016, 07:12:52 pm »

By Louis Nelson

08/09/16 09:27 AM EDT

On the heels of his campaign’s worst week yet, Donald Trump suggested that it is his temperament that “has gotten me here” and said he has no plans to change it.

“I think that my temperament has gotten me here,” Trump said in a Tuesday morning interview on Fox Business Network. “I’ve always had a good temperament and it’s gotten me here. We beat a lot of people in the primaries and now we have one person left, and we’re actually doing pretty well there, but we’ll see how it all comes out.”

Trump’s poll numbers have sagged in recent days after he spent much of last week feuding with the Gold Star family of a fallen Muslim soldier and with prominent lawmakers in his own party. After initially refusing to endorse House Speaker Paul Ryan and Sens. John McCain and Kelly Ayotte in their respective primary races, Trump offered an about-face and voiced his support for all three. By then, the intense scrutiny — combined with Clinton’s bump from a well-received Democratic National Convention — had taken their toll on Trump’s campaign.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-temperament-no-strategy-change-226813
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump: I’m not changing strategy or my temperament
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 07:14:57 pm »
On the heels of his campaign’s worst week yet, Donald Trump suggested that it is his temperament that “has gotten me here” and said he has no plans to change it.

And I have no plans to stop campaigning against him.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 07:19:19 pm »
D'Janga Unchained again!   :0001:

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 07:31:43 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 07:34:56 pm »
Well, yes.......... that's what you should do when you're failing miserably, and prove to be a loser........... dig in.    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 07:35:46 pm »
And, he's not going to change the way he speaks, either:

Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4546796/donald-trump-sentence

$100 to anybody who can diagram that monstrosity.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 07:48:51 pm »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 07:52:06 pm »
Many people are suggesting that Trump just said 2nd Amendment people could do something to harm Clinton:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 07:59:32 pm »
Seriously, though, why would he change now?  He's getting his friend Hillary elected just fine...there's no need to change.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 08:01:15 pm »

It's like a James Joyce monologue, as offered by a disheveled and alcoholic ex-politician speaking out loud to no one.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 08:03:11 pm »
"Although the Second Amendment, people, maybe there is, I don't know."

Wise words.

The beauty of that statement, while it seems like nonsense to you and I, is that it can mean anything his supporters want it to.
This is part of the reason he has made it this far.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 08:05:31 pm »

OMG he really said that!  I thought it was satire until I saw the video.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 08:06:49 pm »

Wise words.

:silly:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 08:08:34 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 08:09:14 pm »

That statement deserves its own thread.

And you should invite everyone who's been crusading for Trump to tell us what it means, and why we should vote for the imbecile who said it.

And then you could ask them to diagram it.  ^-^

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 08:12:48 pm »
@mystery-ak

The pivotal question is, does he know what the word, "temperament" means?
I seriously doubt it.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 08:12:55 pm »

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 08:18:47 pm »

Wise words.

Six dimensional chess...it's a mind scrambler.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 08:30:21 pm »

There's hope...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4dhvm9ivGQ
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 08:30:29 pm »

That's a jumbo sized word salad bar.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 08:40:54 pm »
OK, besides the obvious problems with that, let me just say that the "good genes, very good genes" part really bothers me.  So he and his uncle as genetically superior?  Is that why we cannot understand his rambling?
I'm not saying anything about Trump's German heritage but it just might prove relevant to the discussion.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 08:47:54 pm »
Wise words.
@CatherineofAragon
My very good friend, Catherine, Trump is saying the people who own guns, the second amendment people, could do something about it by killing her. 

I just saw an interview with one of the 50 security men who signed that letter about him being dangerous, saying if anyone else had said that about killing her, that person would be detained by the secret service.  Trump just gave his okay for someone to kill her.

HonestJohn

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2016, 08:49:51 pm »
Hillary tweets:

blij26

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2016, 08:50:10 pm »

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman